Can't upload pictures more than 9MB

TP1

Could anyone help me and tell me why can't I upload a picture for more than 9MB?

It brings up error IO, although it specifies that I can upload up to 100MB for a single photo.

What am I doing wrong?

I would appreciate your help.

Can't for the life of me think why you would want to upload an image of that size to a website/forum. in all likelihood the resolution of the image would expand far outside the placement area if you were adding to a post.

Try a resizer program before uploading. the link below is just an example (a good example) of the free programs that are available, and there are literally hundreds of them out there. Makes for a better presentation on the web and is much more friendly to the forum....................wink.png

http://download.cnet.com/Free-Picture-Resizer/3000-12511_4-10297789.html

Have you tried using a different Browser (Chrome, FireFox, IE, Opera, um... Safari, etc)?

Are your connection to ThaiVisa stable ones, no page errors being experienced?

One suggestion might be to get yourself a free DropBox account. Since it can synchronize with a folder on your PC, you can place your files in the Public Folder, DropBox will automatically upload and them to your DropBox account space and verify file integrity, then you copy the public link and use that on ThaiVisa or other forums.

A plus for me is that I can adjust or edit the image after it's been posted, (change size, clarity, etc., so long as I keep the exact file name), and the file gets re-synchronized with DropBox from my PC and the modified image is now used when the DropBox Public Folder is referenced.

One of my pet hates is people uploading huge files so you have to scroll across and down to view the picture in sections rather than as a whole picture. Just reduce it so it uploads quicker and gives the rest of those surfing using mobile networks a break thumbsup.gif

To clarify regarding sizes. Uploading, that is attaching a file, the image is automatically resized to 800 pixels wide by the board software so those will never show up as oversized unless you have an antique for a monitor. The ones that do show up too wide for the screen are the ones that are off site linked images, such as Flickr, using the image button. This problem is predominantly in FF even though it is supposed to auto-resize it doesn't on TV due to a conflict with FF and TV script (lightbox). Chrome & IE do appear to resize correctly.

I suspect the message regarding 100MB is out of date as I seem to remember a much lower limit. So if you are attaching a 9MB image it is basically a waste of time as it will be resized anyway so best to do the resizing yourself before submitting it.

TP1, why you would want to upload a 9Mb image is beyond me.

As a quick guess from bad memory the average monitor is 96 Dots Per Inch, when you resize a photo in software to say 1024 wide, the 240-300 DPI can not be contained within the constraints of the resized photos total pixel count.

This is why the cameras Megapixel count for people only posting online is Irrelevant, unless they want to crop in for extra zoom ability.

Fill the frame with the subject and I doubt you would see any difference between a 6 and a 36Mp camera.

I'd post a 1Mp downsized photo as an example but I'm not on my normal computer.

I'm not ranting BTW...hehe just had a few beers.