Underage girl rescued from alleged prostitution racket in Koh Samui

webfact

The 16 year old girl is being looked after by local authority officials,

*shudder in fear*

coffee1.gif

Wonder how many guys living in essan and thai visa members have wives this young??? Last year had a story about a 70 year old married to a 15 year old!!! Do you think this is normal??? You could not do it in your home country. bah.gif

All of us,why do you think we live here.Your only as young as the women you feel.

Don't you love it when they say you are the oldest person I have ever had sex with......and then you say....so are you!!!

Baptist alert....this is known as a joke...you know something funn...aw whatever......go google it..can't be bothered explaining it to you.

Mudcran/Louse1953,

I am not a Baptist, just a normal self respecting person who tries to show respect to those around me.

You on the other hand are a pretty good example of the worst of humanity, while you may not be a pedophile you're off the cuff and puerile comments help to minimize and normalize the actions of those involved in this case.

This was an underage girl, she is not old enough to decide that she wants to be a sex worker. It should not be a reason for idle banter and joviality you sick and unfeeling f#$k.

If it was a relation of you'rs would you be so callous and arrogant?

I think not but I suspect you're intellect can't see that far ahead...

Mudcran/Louse1953,

I am not a Baptist, just a normal self respecting person who tries to show respect to those around me.

You on the other hand are a pretty good example of the worst of humanity, while you may not be a pedophile you're off the cuff and puerile comments help to minimize and normalize the actions of those involved in this case.

This was an underage girl, she is not old enough to decide that she wants to be a sex worker. It should not be a reason for idle banter and joviality you sick and unfeeling f#$k.

What age is a girl old enough to decide she wants to be a sex worker?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Mudcran/Louse1953,

Thank you Bignose you beat me to it.

Making jokes about child exploitation is the lowest form of "humor" if one can call it that. It's a sickness one rung up the ladder from participating in the exploitation.

Sadly many members of TV would be howling for blood if this was on their home country's soil, but here, "Oh, c'mon it just a bit of fun in the sun." says a lot about them doesn't it.

Help me understand how on an island running over with police and immigration officers and they do not have a clue what is happening on their island, Oh, I forgot the ole C Word, not cancer, the other Cancer Corruption !!

Koh Samui is known as the most corrupt place in Thailand,....By far !!!

By what measures ? Please verify!

Help me understand how on an island running over with police and immigration officers and they do not have a clue what is happening on their island, Oh, I forgot the ole C Word, not cancer, the other Cancer Corruption !!

Mudcran/Louse1953,

Making jokes about child exploitation is the lowest form of "humor" if one can call it that. It's a sickness one rung up the ladder from participating in the exploitation.

Sadly many members of TV would be howling for blood if this was on their home country's soil, but here, "Oh, c'mon it just a bit of fun in the sun." says a lot about them doesn't it.

Look you Mother Theresas, before you start preaching consider this: a girl age 15 years and 364 days is not old enough to decide, but 24 hours later she is coz she is 16???? Legally correct, but c'mon, when was the last time you left your house.....

By my own measure,...! In the past 28 years I lived partially in Thailand,... I travelled around constantly with my Jeep, spending a lot of time in and between Chiang Mai And Koh Samui,....Doing visa runs every were around like, Mae Sai, Mae Sot, Ranong, Penang, Vientiane, Savanakhet, Aranyaprathet, Phnom Penh, and everywhere in between,...just for the fun and the adventure....At that time you could do a visa run every month and get a extension or new visa on arrival at a land border....

Out of personal experience and a lot of story's of friends that lived and had businesses on Samui, Koh Samui was the most corrupt place in Thailand.....

Now,.?!?! there is no way to measure corruption ! some people never have trouble with it, others have constantly.

Some people can have a brush with corruption in one place and never in another,.....?!?!?! never did I knew a place with so many Accidents (hit and run), murders and mysterious suicides as Koh Samui.....!!!

Best regards, Off Road Pat

Thai friend of mine wanted a night out. We went out and he took me to a place his friend owned......all the girls were cambodian and laotian....all 18 and below. This was two plus years ago......place is still going strong. Owned by the local BIB.........

sorry am I missing something why are people liking this post

By my own measure,...! In the past 28 years I lived partially in Thailand,... I travelled around constantly with my Jeep, spending a lot of time in and between Chiang Mai And Koh Samui,....Doing visa runs every were around like, Mae Sai, Mae Sot, Ranong, Penang, Vientiane, Savanakhet, Aranyaprathet, Phnom Penh, and everywhere in between,...just for the fun and the adventure....At that time you could do a visa run every month and get a extension or new visa on arrival at a land border....

Out of personal experience and a lot of story's of friends that lived and had businesses on Samui, Koh Samui was the most corrupt place in Thailand.....

Now,.?!?! there is no way to measure corruption ! some people never have trouble with it, others have constantly.

Some people can have a brush with corruption in one place and never in another,.....?!?!?! never did I knew a place with so many Accidents (hit and run), murders and mysterious suicides as Koh Samui.....!!!

Best regards, Off Road Pat

Your OWN, I see....perfectly entitled to that, but should not generalize.....

Thai friend of mine wanted a night out. We went out and he took me to a place his friend owned......all the girls were cambodian and laotian....all 18 and below. This was two plus years ago......place is still going strong. Owned by the local BIB.........

Did you go back to solicit a minor for sex?

Maybe because the island is not run over by police and immigration officers. facepalm.giffacepalm.gif

Samui has the lowest quota of police per de-facto population.

The police funding is based on registered population, meaning you must be on a Samui housebook.

Official population is 62,500, they do not count the approx 100.000 workers living here but has housebook in other provinces.

Neither do they count in the tourists when it comes to funding.

*shudder in fear*

coffee1.gif

Wonder how many guys living in essan and thai visa members have wives this young??? Last year had a story about a 70 year old married to a 15 year old!!! Do you think this is normal??? You could not do it in your home country. bah.gif

Those of us from the West are somewhat shocked when we first arrive, seeing the number of very old men with very young women. However, over time it seems almost normal and we hardly notice it. Most people's sense of ethics are contextual.

While the idea of a 70 year old man with a 15 year old girl does beg the question of the basis of the relationship, one should not be so quick to judge based merely on age difference. I have seen old men treat young women with respect and kindness, and make a real difference in their lives and the lives of their family. At the same time, I have seen couples of the same age where the guy is torturing the woman, beating her, degrading and humiliating her. Which would you consider the more appropriate relationship?

Life is, unfortunately, not even close to fair. Some people have very difficult choices to make. But difficult choices can still be made with some measure of humanity. I have personally witnessed mothers pushing their daughters into the sex trade, even complaining when they felt the daughter did something selfish, like love a guy who was not providing enough money to the family. Would it not be a better choice to allow your daughter the chance to be in a relationship that offered her some measure of self-respect, and the opportunity to develop a caring relationship with another human being, regardless of age?

Judgement is rarely as simple and easy as those who like to judge make it out to be.

Mudcran/Louse1953,

Look you Mother Theresas, before you start preaching consider this: a girl age 15 years and 364 days is not old enough to decide, but 24 hours later she is coz she is 16???? Legally correct, but c'mon, when was the last time you left your house.....

As imperfect as it is there has to be a line drawn somewhere, or do you think there should be none?

Mudcran/Louse1953,

As imperfect as it is there has to be a line drawn somewhere, or do you think there should be none?

Sorry double post, connection failed

Have you told the General yet? Or is it more important or you not to be a grass

Have you told the General yet? Or is it more important or you not to be a grass

What would I tell the General? That someone on a forum said something about something happening somewhere? Its not enough to go on, surely.

My time spent working on Samui although 10 years ago, there were a few 14 year olds working the bar scene particulary in Lamai.....not trafficked by gangs but sent there by their parents. That's Thailand for ya.

It was is just the tip of the Iceberg... they were noticeable because they had been sent to a lucrative "farang" hot spot where earning potential is higher, also more easy to get reported on, what we do not get to hear about is the ones for domestic patronage back in the none tourist areas.

You forgot Koh Tao and Phuket is not far behind.

*shudder in fear*

coffee1.gif

Those of us from the West are somewhat shocked when we first arrive, seeing the number of very old men with very young women. However, over time it seems almost normal and we hardly notice it. Most people's sense of ethics are contextual.

While the idea of a 70 year old man with a 15 year old girl does beg the question of the basis of the relationship, one should not be so quick to judge based merely on age difference. I have seen old men treat young women with respect and kindness, and make a real difference in their lives and the lives of their family. At the same time, I have seen couples of the same age where the guy is torturing the woman, beating her, degrading and humiliating her. Which would you consider the more appropriate relationship?

Life is, unfortunately, not even close to fair. Some people have very difficult choices to make. But difficult choices can still be made with some measure of humanity. I have personally witnessed mothers pushing their daughters into the sex trade, even complaining when they felt the daughter did something selfish, like love a guy who was not providing enough money to the family. Would it not be a better choice to allow your daughter the chance to be in a relationship that offered her some measure of self-respect, and the opportunity to develop a caring relationship with another human being, regardless of age?

Judgement is rarely as simple and easy as those who like to judge make it out to be.

Good post mate nothing in life is just black or white there are many shades of grey between.

• 5 months later...

Probably not a good idea to admit that you had sex with underage girls...

Unfortunately local girls are considered sex objects from the age 13 and up . Especially in the local villages it is not uncommon for 13 year olds to become pregnant.

^ That's probably a lot more common around the world that this new puritan fashion of young women under 18 should remain chaste and god forbid they wish to have sexual relations with a man of 25.

Not too long ago even in the west, when a girl commenced menstruation, she was ripe for the plucking. Of course she rarely made it to 35 having died during a 8th or 9th maternal delivery.

Archived