Aussie Rules Grand Final In Ubon This Saturday

wrongway

Hello all,

I thought this deserved a separate thread as it sounds like people from neighboring provinces might be coming around. I asked Sezzo to post something on Thai Visa about this get-together, but from the sound of him, he's begun drinking heavilly already for the big event on Saturday. . . I hope he makes it. We're having it at Wrong Way Cafe simply because the original idea of having it in Khemmarat at Sezzo's didn't work out. I think it's a great reason to get together and enjoy a Saturday, Australian or not.

Marco has put a post up titled Ubon Happenings, or something like that, and that's a good place to begin if anyone has information on what's happening around here. But to keep things from getting messy, here are the details:

The game begins at 11:30 a.m., Saturday, the 30th. I've been assured that by others that the game is really being shown. If not, it's not my fault. . .

Because we close late, we usally don't open so early, but we'll try to be open from 10:30 a.m. or so for those who like to pull the first beers out of the ice.

Complimentary Chili Con Carne and garlic bread will be provided from 11:00 a.m. until it's gone. If it's any good, it might make it to the menu. If it sucks. . . well, it won't.

From Marco's thread there seems to be some confusion about our rooms. I say "our rooms" because we are "loosely associated" with the owner, our own landlord. A room with one big bed is 350 a night. One with a big bed and a smaller bed (good for families) is 450 a night. Bergen never looks at his bill, so nothing is available for 400. Cable, hot water, aircon, all available; but being stumbling distance from us is the real attraction. The rooms are going quick, though, so give me a PM or call (06-8686661). Lots of other accommodation nearby, too.

For those of you who don't know where we are, here's a map.

By the way, political discussions are, for the time being, not permitted :-)

post-27112-1159270855_thumb.jpg

A room with one big bed is 350 a night. One with a big bed and a smaller bed (good for families) is 450 a night. Bergen never looks at his bill, so nothing is available for 400.

I better start looking at the bill from now on!

I always end up alone in a room with a big + a small bed. :D:D:o:D

Oh never mind! I'll be there again on Saturday anyway :D

"The game begins at 11:30 a.m., Saturday, the 30th. I've been assured that by others that the game is really being shown. If not, it's not my fault. . ."

wrongway,

If this game is via cable tv (Australian Network) the actual coverage starts at 10.30 am.

Die hard Aussie Rules fans wouldn't miss one minute of the coverage of this, the FINAL game of the year. You may want to open a little bit earlier, to cater to those who enjoy a wee sup before the BIG one. And be prepared to stay open a little bit later, to listen to the sob stories of those who back / backed the losing team :o

On Sunday, at 3.30 pm (same channel) the real men line up for the grand final of the NRL (National Rugby Leauge) :D

C'mon Sunday :D

"The game begins at 11:30 a.m., Saturday, the 30th. I've been assured that by others that the game is really being shown. If not, it's not my fault. . ."

wrongway,

If this game is via cable tv (Australian Network) the actual coverage starts at 10.30 am.

Die hard Aussie Rules fans wouldn't miss one minute of the coverage of this, the FINAL game of the year. You may want to open a little bit earlier, to cater to those who enjoy a wee sup before the BIG one. And be prepared to stay open a little bit later, to listen to the sob stories of those who back / backed the losing team :o

On Sunday, at 3.30 pm (same channel) the real men line up for the grand final of the NRL (National Rugby Leauge) :D

C'mon Sunday :D

Thanks for the tip, Thai Chi. We'll open by 10:00 a.m. We've got cable and I hope they show all the coverage. I'll also practice being sympathetic. . . I guess if there's the NRL final on Sunday we'll be open. Typically closed Sundays, but what the heck.

Bergen! You usually don't let us know in advance that you need a room, so you're usually put up in one of the bigger rooms because the single-bed rooms are sold out, but we only charge you 350 because, theoretically, you don't mess up the second bed. Turn the place into a harem and see what happens!

The piss up is not about watching Aussie Rules for many of us, it's about watching Aussies watch Aussie Rules. I wonder if Aussie Bob will be bringing his Australian flag, the same one that fell over during the world cup.

As for the webcam, it's a bit short notice, but a brilliant idea. I'll see if I can get it worked out in time. Got ADSL but might want to go up from the 512 that I've got.

Hello all,

I thought this deserved a separate thread as it sounds like people from neighboring provinces might be coming around. I asked Sezzo to post something on Thai Visa about this get-together, but from the sound of him, he's begun drinking heavilly already for the big event on Saturday. . . I hope he makes it. We're having it at Wrong Way Cafe simply because the original idea of having it in Khemmarat at Sezzo's didn't work out. I think it's a great reason to get together and enjoy a Saturday, Australian or not.

Marco has put a post up titled Ubon Happenings, or something like that, and that's a good place to begin if anyone has information on what's happening around here. But to keep things from getting messy, here are the details:

The game begins at 11:30 a.m., Saturday, the 30th. I've been assured that by others that the game is really being shown. If not, it's not my fault. . .

Because we close late, we usally don't open so early, but we'll try to be open from 10:30 a.m. or so for those who like to pull the first beers out of the ice.

Complimentary Chili Con Carne and garlic bread will be provided from 11:00 a.m. until it's gone. If it's any good, it might make it to the menu. If it sucks. . . well, it won't.

From Marco's thread there seems to be some confusion about our rooms. I say "our rooms" because we are "loosely associated" with the owner, our own landlord. A room with one big bed is 350 a night. One with a big bed and a smaller bed (good for families) is 450 a night. Bergen never looks at his bill, so nothing is available for 400. Cable, hot water, aircon, all available; but being stumbling distance from us is the real attraction. The rooms are going quick, though, so give me a PM or call (06-8686661). Lots of other accommodation nearby, too.

hope every one has a good time sat. brothers cont come as wife has given me week end detention

syd swans to win flag and brisb broncos on sun in the a r l

brothers

Hello all,

Im not sure but I think the above statement might be a bit slanderous. Its true, but still a bit slanderous anyway. Anyhow it was all Johns fault.

Wild horses or at least a cranky wife wont keep me away from this pissup.

See you all there

Go the swans.

Sounds like you lads are gonna have a lot of fun and bad heads the next day. Love to be there also but work and lovely UK weather (its absolutely pissin' it down here) keep me away. Hope you have a great time.

Jay

If the typhoon hits on Sunday, as predicted, that should blow the cobwebs away :o

Bergen! You usually don't let us know in advance that you need a room, so you're usually put up in one of the bigger rooms because the single-bed rooms are sold out, but we only charge you 350 because, theoretically, you don't mess up the second bed. Turn the place into a harem and see what happens!

After drinking from 10 to midnight and moore, I suppose I wouldn't be of use to any harem! :D

(interesting thought though) :o:D

The piss up is not about watching Aussie Rules for many of us, it's about watching Aussies watch Aussie Rules.

I could'nt agree moore!! :D:D

Hello all,

Richard,

Jing Jing and I will likely be driving up from Surin in the early morning to make the piss up. Sounds good. Probably won't need rooms, we'll see. :o See you there. You too, Bergen! Hey, any probability of getting a pizza on game day? Would love to try out one of your much praised pies.

Cheers Richard.

Cent

Edited by Cent

Jing Jing and I will likely be driving up from Surin in the early morning to make the piss up. Sounds good. Probably won't need rooms, we'll see. :D See you there. You too, Bergen! Hey, any probability of getting a pizza on game day? Would love to try out one of your much praised pies.

Cheers Richard.

Cent

Cent - looking forward to seeing you on Saturday :D

You don't plan to drive back the same day?? :o:D

Jing Jing and I will likely be driving up from Surin in the early morning to make the piss up. Sounds good. Probably won't need rooms, we'll see. :D See you there. You too, Bergen! Hey, any probability of getting a pizza on game day? Would love to try out one of your much praised pies.

Cheers Richard.

Cent

Cent - looking forward to seeing you on Saturday :D

You don't plan to drive back the same day?? :o:D

Bergen,

We'll see. There could be a change in plans depending on the alcohol levels. :D

Cent

The game was great to watch in Perth. How was it in Ubon?

The right team won. :D

Edit

Melborne to win tomorrow. :D

A good day was had by all. The place was fairly packed with all sorts of nationalities. About 5 ozzies glued to the TV and with one very happy Lou at the end of the afternoon. Richard (the owner) made some very nice chili con carne and garlic bread for all to enjoy. Beers were served by a very scantily dressed Tiger girl who then changed into a Heineken girl. Too bad they hadnt worked out how to use the webcam.

Things are getting civilised out here in the sticks when you can start to watch the footy from your home country.

:o

Edit

A good day was had by all. The place was fairly packed with all sorts of nationalities. About 5 ozzies glued to the TV and with one very happy Lou at the end of the afternoon. Richard (the owner) made some very nice chili con carne and garlic bread for all to enjoy. Beers were served by a very scantily dressed Tiger girl who then changed into a Heineken girl. Too bad they hadnt worked out how to use the webcam.

Things are getting civilised out here in the sticks when you can start to watch the footy from your home country.

Thanks to Sezzo and all for coming. It was a great day. Sorry I couldn't get the webcam up even though I had the software installed while I was on a visa run. NRL Grand Final today, for anyone interested, but all the chili and bread is gone, and it's the cook's holiday. Beer's cold, though. . .

Bergen, could you ask Jerry about his room key? I don't have his contact info.

Edit

Thanks to Sezzo and all for coming. It was a great day. Sorry I couldn't get the webcam up even though I had the software installed while I was on a visa run. NRL Grand Final today, for anyone interested, but all the chili and bread is gone, and it's the cook's holiday. Beer's cold, though. . .

Bergen, could you ask Jerry about his room key? I don't have his contact info.

Richard,

Thanks. We Surin Mikes had a great time. The chili com carne was excellent and had a nice spicey burn to it, and the garlic bread went down well. It was nice meeting the Ubon area gents again and all the others who attended. Hope to see you all here in Surin again some day soon or up in Ubon. We'll be back for sure. Get that pizza girl spinning some pies! :D Nice time with good people, and I had a blast.

Cent

Hi to everyone

A great day and evening in Ubon and Wrongway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D

A lot of nice people from different parts of the world.

2 Mikes from Surin, a couple of Aussies fro Khemarat, more Aussies from Ubon, Nam Yun and Khantaralak, several English, Americans, one Irish, 2 Norwegians and more.

About 25 farangs dropped in during the day and had a good time.

I liked very much the cold beer served by Tiger Lilly and Heinecken Rose :o ,

and Richards spicy CCC was an excellent beer companion. :D

After the football, some Aussies where more happy than others, but a few cold ones put smiles on every face :D

Thanks to Richard & Ting, - and all others for making Ubon a good place to be, and Wrongway a "right way" to meet!

Trond :D