Two Sri Lankan nationals arrested at Suvarnabhumi airport

webfact

Two Sri Lankan nationals arrested at Suvarnabhumi airport

BANGKOK: -- Two Lankan nationals were arrested at Suvarnabhumi airport early Friday after they used Malaysian passports which were declared missing for travel to Paris.

They were identified as Mr Pravin Muniandy, 22 and Ms Kaliaman Simanchalam, 26.

Immigration Division 2 chief Pol Maj Gen Suvichpol Imchairach said they were detained for questioning after they showed their Malaysian passports to immigration officers for checks at the departure lounge before taking a flight to Abu Dhabi.

Immigration officials discovered that the passport photographs of the holders didn’t exactly match their faces, but merely resembled.

They were brought to immigration office at the airport for interrogation, and have their passports reexamined thoroughly through identification checking process.

The check revealed that the two passports are authentic but the passport photographers are not them, but just resembled them.

Both didn’t give any information on how they obtained the passports.

But checking by the immigration office revealed further that they booked flight to Abu Dhabi from where they would fly to Paris on another flight.

The two passports were stamped by Immigration police in Songkhla on September 7 by the real holders but were later declared missing.

Immigration police believed the real passport holders to be still in the country.

They are seeking cooperation from provincial police to look for the two passport holders and suspected that they might be part of the passport counterfeit gang.

Both Sri Lankan nationals were detained at Suvarnabhumi police station and are facing charge of illegal entry, and unauthorised use of passports of others.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/two-sri-lankan-nationals-arrested-at-suvarnabhumi-airport

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-09-11

Well, one good thing coming out of the Erawan bombing is that immigration is now actually examining passports. RTP needs to clamp down on the counterfeit passport black market on KSR and in Pattaya. This has been going on for too long. Remember the two Iranians aboard Flight MH370 with fake passports they bought in Pattaya?

Well, one good thing coming out of the Erawan bombing is that immigration is now actually examining passports. RTP needs to clamp down on the counterfeit passport black market on KSR and in Pattaya. This has been going on for too long. Remember the two Iranians aboard Flight MH370 with fake passports they bought in Pattaya?

God, you "remember" some rubbish, don't you? Those two had their tickets bought in Pattaya, not the passports.

I think Immigration have always been "actually examining passports". At least they actually examined mine every time I have entered and left Thailand over the past 10 years. whistling.gif

I agree this scum back need to be jailed, but the Sri Lankan people the best integrated immigrants in Switzerland, not much trouble and most of them are peaceful, not like many other nationalities, we know which one, no need to mention.

So Both didn’t give any information on how they obtained the passports eh? Fine. Let's put them in one of those comfortable Thai holding cells or jails for a few days and see if they get more cooperative. Or maybe they will just choose to stay there. If they don't cooperate while under the threat of spending a long time in a Thai jail, then they are either very stupid or they are really worried about the bad guys they are associated with in that passport theft ring

God, you "remember" some rubbish, don't you? Those two had their tickets bought in Pattaya, not the passports.

Or you could be polite and say that the Iranians tickets were bought in Pattaya and both passports they were using were probably bought in Malaysia but had been reported stolen in Thailand.

So Both didnt give any information on how they obtained the passports eh? Fine. Let's put them in one of those comfortable Thai holding cells or jails for a few days and see if they get more cooperative. Or maybe they will just choose to stay there. If they don't cooperate while under the threat of spending a long time in a Thai jail, then they are either very stupid or they are really worried about the bad guys they are associated with in that passport theft ring

As you say, perhaps they have genuine fears about what may happen to them or their families if they say anything.

Edited by Bluespunk

I think Immigration have always been "actually examining passports". At least they actually examined mine every time I have entered and left Thailand over the past 10 years. whistling.gif

I agree, actually I always had a bigger problem when I came back to the U.S. from Thailand. Somehow they just like to hassel you, on arrival in the U.S. That is why I do not got there anymore, the flight over is fine, but when one comes back, they treat you like a criminal. So go figure. coffee1.gif

I agree, actually I always had a bigger problem when I came back to the U.S. from Thailand. Somehow they just like to hassel you, on arrival in the U.S. That is why I do not got there anymore, the flight over is fine, but when one comes back, they treat you like a criminal. So go figure. coffee1.gif

Agreed. The USA immigration people don't seem to understand. I am not visiting the USA. I am a US citizen simply returning to my home. Twice they didn't like the fact I returned after over a month stay in Thailand with just my carry on bag. I said, they have laundries over there you know. I don't pack 30 shirts and undies

Thailand's fake passport racket - MH370 passports stolen in Thailand, sold in Malaysia. People with their eyes open know you can sell your passport on KSR and then report it to your embassy as stolen.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/10/thailand-fake-passport-market_n_4933564.html

Edited by zaphod reborn