PM Prayut invokes Section 44 to resolve aviation safety problem

webfact

Had a flight from Bangkok to Delhi three weeks ago on Thai. Got into the air and had to return to airport as they had some technical problem. Made a safe landing and was taken back to wait in terminal for another plane. Over 4 hours late into Delhi. That was the first time in my 2 million miles and hundreds perhaps a thousand flights that that ever happened. It all went smooth in the landing and return to terminal but they never offered so much as a bottle of water during the delay and wait. Announcements were few and we were told at one point a new plane would be ready in about an hour but it was more like 2.5 hours.

I must say that I don't believe I will be flying Thai any time soon.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The FAA (U.S.) gave them 65 days to address some significant concerns, back in July, so that deadline is fast approaching.

Hard to believe they can run an Army, let alone a country.

I think deep down you know what to think about that....

"and to be headed by the air force commander-in-chief." - probably the best - qualified person in Thailand... unfortunately.

I disagree with who would be the best qualified person. I offer that aside from seeking outside help, the government needs to ask the Pilots Association of Thai Airways for help. Thai Airways had some world class,competent, professional staff, particularly in its former chief pilots and training pilots personnel. There was a time when TG was one of the top airlines in the world. There was also a time when there was less automation and less communication, such that pilots really had to be the best and problem solvers. I say, go out and get those old timers and bring them back for their experience and guidance. This is where the gray hair counts.