SIP panel home construction

Yes, there are manufacturers in Thailand, but from what I see they're making temporary houses out of the stuff, not something you'd likely want to live in long term.. small rooms that function like echo chambers, tiny bathrooms etc.

Here's one from Google:

http://www.squarepanel.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=98&Itemid=82

Can't say I have.....doesn't mean that it hasn't been done.

My question is ......how do you think the "wood" (usally pressed chip wood) on the panels would hold up in Thailand? ....considering Termites and wood ants!whistling.gif

There's no wood in the SIP panels I've seen.. they are basically cold room panels - polystyrene style foam with metal/alloy veneers.

Can't say I have.....doesn't mean that it hasn't been done.

My question is ......how do you think the "wood" (usally pressed chip wood) on the panels would hold up in Thailand? ....considering Termites and wood ants!whistling.gif

There's no wood in the SIP panels I've seen.. they are basically cold room panels - polystyrene style foam with metal/alloy veneers.

And right you are.....cold room panels with metal veneers (for refrigeration units) are available ....but most SIP panels for building a whole house are of the variety with wood panels

post-190189-0-43273200-1442031578_thumb.

House made out of metal veneer panels ....Cost regarding a whole house made of? Maybe cheaper to do double walls with foam inside (which is what I did when building)

Edited by beachproperty

The next home I am building in a Buriram Village will have 3 meter by 60cm by 10cm Q Con Groove panel wall sections. They are light weight and only two men need move them on site. They have steel inside the wall panels. I can have all electric wires in conduit inside the Q-Con Groove Wall Panels along with internet cables and television RG6 wire, The air conditioning lines will also be inside these autoclaved wall panels. The cost was comparable to the Hebel style individual Diamond Blocks, Super Blocks, Thai Con Blocks and normal Q Con wall AAC blocks. I gain building speed and wall strength by using these Q Con wall panels. I am also using Q Con reinforced window lintels and Diamond Building Products brand door lintels at this new more sensible sized home. I met with the Q Con salesman and he brought me a small size CUT sample to show my Buriram Home Builder this week at a builders merchant store that did not flinch on a special order. This might be a wall panel option for the OP to price and compare to the SIP Panels. The panels are far larger than the "sample" I was given at the Buriram Builders merchant Store by the Q Con Salesman. The Q Con Groove Panels are suitable for both interior and exterior wall construction. My current home is built with the discontinued brand of CPAC AAC wall blocks and they have kept my PEA bill reasonable.

post-20604-0-97379900-1442044157_thumb.j

There is quite a bit more information on the Q Con Wall panels at their web site. http://qcon.co.th/product/%E0%B9%81%E0%B8%9C%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%9C%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%87%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%A7%E0%B8%A5%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%B2-q-con-groove-panel/

The price did vary from one builders merchant to another builders merchant in Buriram. I'll post photos of this wall installation when the house is at that point.

I've heard that they exist here in Thailand, but that they have 1/4" hard plastic on the outside in place if the wood panels. It would be interesting to find out what a small 2 bed, 2 bath place would cost built with these.

My bet would be ....that it is a "lot more expensive" than building a traditional concrete post and beam with block fillers.

Why? because you're still going to have to do a foundation and pad and more than likely concrete post and beams.

What are these panels really eliminating in the construction process? Some Qcon blocks (22 baht each), Some red brick (real cheap) faster construction of walls (labor's cheap ...so really no savings there)

Insulation factor better? then build a double walled house with foan inside (its what I did and was able to build at 9000 Baht/sqmeter...all finished with western kitchens and granite and marble like tile through out)

Edited by beachproperty

The next home I am building in a Buriram Village will have 3 meter by 60cm by 10cm Q Con Groove panel wall sections. They are light weight and only two men need move them on site. They have steel inside the wall panels. I can have all electric wires in conduit inside the Q-Con Groove Wall Panels along with internet cables and television RG6 wire, The air conditioning lines will also be inside these autoclaved wall panels. The cost was comparable to the Hebel style individual Diamond Blocks, Super Blocks, Thai Con Blocks and normal Q Con wall AAC blocks. I gain building speed and wall strength by using these Q Con wall panels. I am also using Q Con reinforced window lintels and Diamond Building Products brand door lintels at this new more sensible sized home. I met with the Q Con salesman and he brought me a small size CUT sample to show my Buriram Home Builder this week at a builders merchant store that did not flinch on a special order. This might be a wall panel option for the OP to price and compare to the SIP Panels. The panels are far larger than the "sample" I was given at the Buriram Builders merchant Store by the Q Con Salesman. The Q Con Groove Panels are suitable for both interior and exterior wall construction. My current home is built with the discontinued brand of CPAC AAC wall blocks and they have kept my PEA bill reasonable.

So you still have to use pillars with these correc