PM: Anyone expressing opinions that lead to unpeace in the country will be prosecuted

Lite Beer

I think its time for all foreigners and expats to start packing their bags. Getting unsafe here...day by day.

Why? Unless you are a foreigner who intends to get involved in anti Govt protest, then your life hasn't changed. You are a dirt low priority with no rights before...and after...same same.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This will make all other countries understanding the Thainess, and will give Thailand a great amount of benefits around the world. The Thai economy will benefit very much, but that whats needed. The great leader is a vice man, whom understand this.

It is just a matter of time before someone makes a movie. The dialog already written is too good to pass up. What kind of a reaction will that have? I can only guess but it will be something to behold I'm sure.clap2.gif

With Jim Carry and Jeff Daniels playing lead roles ?

At least he has the balls to publicly announce and admit his urge and need to be the unopposed dictator. I like his chutzpah.

It's better than corrupt proxy leaders in other countries using NSA, CIA, FBI, IRS, etc. to intimidate individuals while trying to make the masses believe they have the power to vent through opposition.

Instead they try to make race wars to distract from the fact that their country is bankrupt and needs more debt and war to continue functioning.

Disclaimer: If this post offends anyone, I will delete it. No need to ban me for a few days or give me points for stirring things up.

Thank you for speaking the truth about the US and the General.

I was living here when a MEGLOMANIAC named ThakSin bought votes outside of Bangkok and became the PM.

I could see a lot of trouble coming and left in 2005 to wait for his departure before returning.

Waited 10 years and because of the courage or "chutzph" of a guy named Prayut, have finally been able to return and can see that thee is a RENIESANCE happening here.

We need to do everythig we can to encourage this and keep the WRONG people from interfereing.

It appears to me the he is genuine and read in the paper that the King of the country agrees.

Over the last 20 years. I can say that Thailand's best years were those when Thaksin was in charge. Let me remind you of a few of the major things he introduced.

- Universal 30 baht healthcare

- New Airport that facilitated large growth in tourist industry

- Megaprojects, including mass transportation systems

Name a single thing that the Military has done beside jail people for speech crimes or shoot dead their own citizens?

Oh and BTW, Thaksin also had His Majesty's endorsement as well at one point. So good luck in Thailand. I've recently left as I find the whole situation of being under 24hr surveillance, almost non-existent freedom and people presumed guilty until proven innocent unpalatable. And as long as this remains I have no plans to come back to thailand.

My only question is why westerners coming to Thailand at the same time they like to criticize the United States for lack of civil rights and freedom......I'm guessing either they have dementia, or they are throwing a red herring to pretend they are in Thailand for reasons other than the the sex/drugs/criminal industry that many foreigners are attracted to.

Edited by Time Traveller

The U. S. bashing on this forum by some members is really becoming tiresome. The U. S. is certainly not perfect by any stretch, but would the world, ALL things considered, be a better and more secure place without her?

Ok either this is just a bad dream or Thailand and it people are in some,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,for the next ??? years.

What I want to know is when will all the expats be told GO NOW.

Oh yeah and BTW can I have a seat on the UN?whistling.gif

Numerous posts have been removed which refer to the current gov't using terms which are not permitted at this point in time. Please exercise care in the words you chose to express your displeasure with or about the current gov't.

Please read this public reminder: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/769792-notice-to-members-posting-in-thailand-news/?p=8558055

Yesterday, I asked a Thai woman from Isan what she thought about the junta and her exact words were, "I have no opinion."

Btw, is 'unpeace' even a word?

Answer from an unperson:

Yes, any word is a word if Big Brother decides so.

Big Brother should be aware that political semantics might cause paranoia.

Paranoia kills human intelligence and, by doing so, prevents artificial intelligence from learning. Neglecting existing conflicts is not a solution, it's suicide.

You can decide what you like.

blah blah blah

You're arguing (and making snide comments) about the wrong person. I never made fun of the word "unpeace". I simply pointed out it came from an official source. And, so far, nobody, including you, has provided an alternative translation based on an understanding of the original Thai.

I can't understand why you feel it necessary to stoop to derogatory comments. I realize it's a common tactic in the online world. I can't say it encourages me to value your opinion.

blink.pnghuh.png

What on Earth did you do?

Whatever it was, perhaps it was best for the rest of us that you did leave.

I dared to walk outside, but I don't enjoy being treated like a criminal or the attempt by authorities to create a climate of fear amongst everyone to encourage them to spy on each other.

As a long as you're happy with the CCTV cameras everywhere in the streets following you? (feel any safer?)

Oh, and you must be glad that the internet police are monitoring every comment you post for any sign of opinion that goes against what they approve?

Edited by Time Traveller

blink.pnghuh.png

What on Earth did you do?

Whatever it was, perhaps it was best for the rest of us that you did leave.

I dared to walk outside, but I don't enjoy being treated like a criminal or the attempt by authorities to create a climate of fear amongst everyone to encourage them to spy on each other.

As a long as you're happy with the CCTV cameras everywhere in the streets following you? (feel any safer?)

Oh, and you must be glad that the internet police are monitoring every comment you post for any sign of opinion that goes against what they approve?

sounds like London

I love all these comments about the word 'unpeace'.

You do understand that Prayuth speaks in Thai and anything you read about him saying is translated, most likely by someone in the press? No?

So all this stuff about Orwell and Newspeak,it is all nonsense 'cause the word didnt come from Prayuth.

This is a non English speaking country all, do try to get to grips with that.

It's from the National News Bureau of Thailand, copied verbatim from their English news site. It doesn't get any more official than that.

Sigh..,

That means the translation was done by a Thai civil servant.

Their English is not so great, so it's normal to see these curveball words used because they can't distinguish between Oxford dictionary English and commonly useg English.

But if you want to believe that Prayuth used the Thai equivalent of an Orwellian sounding word to spook English speaking expats, please go ahead.

I didn't say that. Nor do I disagree with the observation that the official English language news bureau of Thailand could be improved.

However, until such time as someone arrives with a better translation, the PM has said the Thai language equivalent of "unpeace". (It's a real word according to several dictionaries)

I would hazard we all understand the gist.

Forget the unpeace crap, asveryone is just having fun with that. The point is that he will not allow any opposing opinions, period. If anyone had any idea that this guy is anything but what he is, I think this latest message makes it clear he is just going to start locking up people that voice differing opinions. Sounds like Burma and Thailand are reversing positions these days.

All the chronic behaviour or thinking (or lack of thinking!) processes, and everything else we sadly observe from recent times, is not limited to our glorious leader and those at or near that level or similar background.

What saddens me the most, is I see much the same in people and institutions where one might hope there is something different, where those institutions and people might be the real hope for change.

I'm sorry to say, but I can't see things really changing, unless there is a significant and unexpected game changer, that moves everything from this spiraling stability point.

But if there were some hope, some possible game changer that we cant foresee, I think the glorious leaders ruling, such as in this thread, will make it even less likely that hope might surface.

Yes and the 'game changer' you talk about but which we can't will come. Just make sure your papers and finances are in order so you (and yours) can have a little vacation away from the LOS for a while.

Back to the future ...

Just over a year ago (10 September 2014), TIME did an article entitled "Thailand’s Military Ruler Grows Increasingly Eccentric but No Less Dangerous" (See http://time.com/3315701/thailand-kittisak-soomsri-human-rights-southeast-asia-coup-general-prayuth-chan-ocha-superstition-bizarre/).

Apart from changing the date, and a couple of names, that article seems to read even more true today!

post-209291-0-96216600-1442132707_thumb.