If You Could Buy Any Pickup Right Now What Would It Be?

FruitPudding

21740936621_27a3d291a8.jpg

Mrs JaseTheBass: Oh that's the contacts from my phone... How come all the Thai names show up as rectangles?

Ford Sales Guy: Errrr....... (shrugs shoulders)

Probably. I didn't look. I'm not too worried as I think it'll be a few years before she gets round to using that feature. She's still sussing out how to open the key on the key fob.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21740936621_27a3d291a8.jpg

Mrs JaseTheBass: Oh that's the contacts from my phone... How come all the Thai names show up as rectangles?

Ford Sales Guy: Errrr....... (shrugs shoulders)

Probably. I didn't look. I'm not too worried as I think it'll be a few years before she gets round to using that feature. She's still sussing out how to open the key on the key fob.

LOL.

Good thing you didn't buy an Everest then... same basic fob, twice as complicated...

Unlock button: first press = unlock driver's door, second press = unlock the rest of the doors, long press = open all windows and the sunroof.

Lock Button: first press = lock all doors, seconds press = beep the horn so everyone knows you locked the doors, long press = close all windows and the sunroof.

At one time, GM owned 49 percent of Isuzu so GM and Isuzu worked closely together. Since then Isuzu has bought back all except about 12 percent of GM shares. They still cooperate but it appears that they pretty much go their own ways. Isuzu opted to keep its own diesels and GM globally designed their own. Which is the best diesel? The Isuzu 3.0 liter is time tested and recently improved. Time will tell how well the GM Diesel holds up. The GM engine develops more torque and horse power but the torque curve suffers. Everything is a compromise.

Toyota own a share of Isuzu too, about 6%, it was to develop a small diesel engine together. Anyone remember the 1.7L unit that went in the GM Vauxhall Cavalier, that was an Isuzu lump.

So, exactly what is wrong with the new Nissan Navarra? I was looking at different manufacturers who had displays in a shopping centre and this one looked the best to me. Don't want to carry heavy loads, more of a family car with a big boot.

There's nothing wrong with it... The only thing you need to bear in mind if reading reviews online is that Thai models do not come with the more comfy rear coil springs of export models, so any references to ride quality are void.

As for the 'big boot' - just bear in mind it's a "big, wet boot' when it's raining wink.png

Edited by IMHO

So, exactly what is wrong with the new Nissan Navarra? I was looking at different manufacturers who had displays in a shopping centre and this one looked the best to me. Don't want to carry heavy loads, more of a family car with a big boot.

There's nothing wrong with it... The only thing you need to bear in mind if reading reviews online is that Thai models do not come with the more comfy rear coil springs of export models, so any references to ride quality are void.

As for the 'big boot' - just bear in mind it's a "big, wet boot' when it's raining wink.png

He can put a lid on that though, I have.....giggle.gif

Would you out the Mona Lisa in the back when it's raining though?

Didn't think so :P

I did once have a bunch of folk in the back when it was raining, my lid is electric and can be raised for folk to sit. Strangely they didn't get very wet, seems the water followed the truck roof line and went over the lid whilst in motion..

Sometimes one has to stop at a traffic light or because of other traffic though. But maybe not in your area :)

I wouldn't buy one. Taxis, tuk-tuk, songtaew preferred.

Any vehicle is OK by me - best vehicle is no vehicle. Wifey has to have the new Pajero - top model.

Why is that..? blink.png

Wifey or me?

Wifey is 36. I understand why she likes the latest & greatest.

In my younger days, no real interest in cars. A reasonable car was OK.

Then as I became more financially successful, I thought why not. Bought 2nd hand!

Toyota Cressida; BMW 525 & then BMW 540.

Here, I just don't need the hassles of car ownership. It may sound trivial but renewing licence, annual road tax, insurance, avoiding accidents. Even going to the gas station & car-washing.

Now, less is better.

I was asking why your Mrs wanted a top of the range Paj...Just tell her it ain't a handbag and the other birds don't care...laugh.png

I am uncertain as to her real motives. verda, she is looking at her tablet reviewing her decision. Her friends have old bangers or m/c.

I bought her a Honda City. Now it is 10yrs old; 60k km. Perfect order.

Friends are queuing up to buy the Honda.

Her father supported her idea? He is a motor mechanic & she is an only child. She isn't Hi-So.

I am at an age where I just don't care anymore. 5 years ago, it would have been different.

Don't pay any attention to the negative posts about any of the vehicles. All the Thailand built trucks are quite good. People who bought a particular brand are usually going to say that their brand is the best and anything else is no good.

I was in the market for a new truck and finally settled on an Isuzu V Cross. None of the dealers had what I wanted so I had to order one. The dealer I bought from told me they would have it in 15 days. I didn't believe it but it came in 15 days. Will wonders never cease.

hello, I just would like to know

What about Chevrolet? looks like many in this forum consider this brand a very bad choice in Thailand, but I did not understand why.

the Colorado looks like a nice truck

I have an Colorado and have been driving it for 3 years soon (45000 km) without problem.

It´s comfortable and quite fast, only the Ranger with 3.2L is faster of the other pickups.

The good and bad thing with Chevrolet is the price for 2 hand.

If you buy a brand new you will lose money but on the other hand you can get an almost new Colorado for a very good price.

Remember Chevrolet in Thailand is NOT an US made car...

I own a Colorado and wouldnt trade it for anything else. Im in the middle east working for a couple years and the misses is loving it. All the makes are must fine. Dont let all the grumpy know it alls get to ya. Check into Chevys, they are cheaper than the rest and just as good.

Id expect any truck to manage 40K.M. per day over 3 Years.TNT and Kerry Express Toyo single cabs do over 100 K P.A. without going tits up. Not that the Chevy/D Max cant do the same.Point is yours aint done nothing to deserve praise yet. Easily pleased some folk.coffee1.gif

I own a Colorado and wouldnt trade it for anything else. Im in the middle east working for a couple years and the misses is loving it. All the makes are must fine. Dont let all the grumpy know it alls get to ya. Check into Chevys, they are cheaper than the rest and just as good.

Where was it manufactured..?

Its a Thailand 2014 model. This is a Thai forum/thread

Where was it manufactured..?

Its a Thailand 2014 model. This is a Thai forum/thread

Fink I know that, but you stated the middle east.......

Sorry you couldnt understand my post.

Yeah and here you can get the big chevys and colorados whichever you want. Im just renting a POS toyota while here. Funny where im at, poor people drive lexus....

Sensible poor people buying a Toyota (Lexus).........clap2.gif

I did the same in LOS, reliability was my first concern...thumbsup.gif

You're lucky you got a good Toyota. I got a good one too my first pickup. No problems at all. Unfortunately if you had got one like my second Toyota, you would never mention Toyota and reliable in the same sentence again. My second one was an expensive four door 4X4. Since I concluded that it was just a lemon, it didn't poison me on the Toyota brand. Lemons can happen with any brand.

I did deal on a 2.8 liter two door 4X4 Toyota. After the salesman had all the figures on paper, I found that he had priced a High Rider rather than the 4X4. For the 4X4 he simply added the extra cost of the 4X4. I thought their interest rate was WAY too high and told him I would pay cash. That meant there were no extras and no discount at all.

The Isuzu dealer is just up the road. They gave me all the freebies I asked for. Bed liner, floor mats, first year insurance, bug deflector and door visors. Plus a 35,000 baht discount even though I paid cash. It has more options than the Toyota and was MUCH cheaper. I am now happily driving the Isuzu V Cross.

I am interested in buying a new pickup, but not sure why I have to spend a million, when the entry models can be had for mid 400s? I can live without auto gears and I don't plan on running a taxi service, so a single cab would be fine.

Tata have the coffee warming waiting for you........thumbsup.gif

I have negotiated ฿50,000 off a 2015 Mitsubishi single cab manual Gasoline, down to ฿425,000 and Nissan have knocked ฿60,000 off a new 2013 model single cab manual Gasoline down to ฿407,000. I plan to keep the truck for many years, so I am not worried about resale value, but running costs is a factor. I am struggling to find any information on fuel consumption. Both come with free insurance, Bedliner, windscreen film.

Any thoughts on which to go for?

I am interested in buying a new pickup, but not sure why I have to spend a million, when the entry models can be had for mid 400s? I can live without auto gears and I don't plan on running a taxi service, so a single cab would be fine.

I have negotiated ฿50,000 off a 2015 Mitsubishi single cab manual Gasoline, down to ฿425,000 and Nissan have knocked ฿60,000 off a new 2013 model single cab manual Gasoline down to ฿407,000. I plan to keep the truck for many years, so I am not worried about resale value, but running costs is a factor. I am struggling to find any information on fuel consumption. Both come with free insurance, Bedliner, windscreen film.

According to official Australian FE tests:

Triton 2.4L gasoline:

City: 13.9 L/100KM

Hwy: 9.1 L/100KM

Combined: 10.9 L/100KM

Navara NP300 2.5L gasoline:

City: 13.0 L/100KM

Hwy: 7.7 L/100KM

Combined: 9.7 L/100KM

Note: assuming you mean 2015 Navara ;)

Triton 2.4L gasoline:

Note: assuming you mean 2015 Navara ;)

Thanks IMHO, much appreciated. The Nissan is a 2013 model, it is a new truck, just old stock. They wouldn't give me a discount on 2015 model.

A diesel....whistling.gif

The cheapest Mitsubishi Diesel is ฿512,000 ie 20% more

The cheapest Nissan Diesel is ฿513,000 ie 26% more

You can comfortably figure that a diesel will be 30 percent more efficient than gasoline and need less maintenance.

Agreed, plus a diesel will have more grunt..

Oh dear oil burner brigade out in force. Who told you that, VW, you think Joe Public is taking notice of manufactures bolli* now, they've been feeding us bs for years. I for one hope the Yanks sue their butts off.

Unless you are doing zillions of KMs a year here, it's not an issue, Thailand pump prices are low, even crusty old farts out in Ubon nowhere can fill their tanks up.

Triton 2.4L gasoline:

Note: assuming you mean 2015 Navara wink.png

Thanks IMHO, much appreciated. The Nissan is a 2013 model, it is a new truck, just old stock. They wouldn't give me a discount on 2015 model.

OK, in that case:

Navara D40 2.5L gasoline:

City: 17.5 L/100KM

Hwy: 9.9 L/100KM

Combined: 12.7 L/100KM