Branson considers Thailand move for Virgin airline as health clubs flourish

webfact

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is something ''swarmy'' about him .Sorry Richard ,i find you creepy .

I think the word you are looking for is "smarmy".

"excessively or unctuously flattering, ingratiating, servile, etc.:"

None of which describe Branson.

He is a true mover and shaker and gets things done. He would turn Thai Airways around in a few weeks although he may not be everybody's cup of tea, his successes cannot be dismissed easily.

I am sure if he had a shave and a short haircut he would be just another business man. He will never be seen with a thai around his neck.

bra.jpg

I am surprised Branson would waste his time in Thailand when other markets are far more lucrative

Well his Aussie Airline (the upmarket one ) is loosing a vast amount of money .

Virgin Australia flies back into profit

Virgin Australia has posted a $55 million pre-tax profit in the second quarter of this financial year (2015) as it benefits from a truce in its battle with Qantas in the domestic air-travel market and keeps a tight rein on costs.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/business/aviation/virgin-australia-flies-back-into-profit-20150205-137gmi.html#ixzz3lgVmZYiv

Seems to me the plan is to entirely replace Thai air, probably after having noted the incapability to comply with any standards (and perhaps asking for focus to be directed here?)... What will be interesting is virgins performance IN Thailand if forced to employ Thai-only staff: 2017 - Virgin pulls out (again)

I am surprised Branson would waste his time in Thailand when other markets are far more lucrative

Yes, but what he sees in Thailand is utter mismanagement and failure to properly capitalize on reasonably large markets. He sees THAI selling off assets and withdrawing from markets, tremendous turnover of radio stations, and fitness centers dogged by scandal (California Wow) or completely off the mark in their level of customer service. Why not enter a large market that lacks real competition? He has a world-recognized brand that is far better than any of the competitors in these targeted industries in Thailand.

He still hasn't reimbursed me for the scratched copy of Tubular Bells I bought mail-order from him in 1974.

Didn't Mike Oldfield have some issues with Virgin over the that album also?

Mmm, not sure, but the album was such a massive hit that it pretty much 'launched' Virgin who up to then were just a mail order record company in Tottenham Court Road. I still have the record, along with other classics that I bought from Virgin.

The man is an absolute legend and having had the privilege of meeting him knows what he doers. When he first opened health clubs in the UK he worked one ach job each day. one day in the basket room, one cleaning up, one on reception. He actually listened to his staff. as an example the cleaners wanted bigger brushes, he got them.

As a managerial leader he is one person who I would follow. More Branson in Thailand. maybe his ethics might rub off here in the business world. Honesty, Integrity and hard work. all traits of him.

That's because he's trying to run a profitable health club, not sell lifetime memberships and run away after 3 years.

Well his Aussie Airline (the upmarket one ) is loosing a vast amount of money .

Virgin Australia flies back into profit

Virgin Australia has posted a $55 million pre-tax profit in the second quarter of this financial year (2015) as it benefits from a truce in its battle with Qantas in the domestic air-travel market and keeps a tight rein on costs.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/business/aviation/virgin-australia-flies-back-into-profit-20150205-137gmi.html#ixzz3lgVmZYiv

>>The two airline groups tend to make the lion's share of their earnings in the first half, which includes the busy Christmas holiday period. << ...Lets see how they do for the full year ,but it does look like a big turn around to a profit this year .

Branson has Delta pulling the strings on his airline (Virgin Atlantic)concentrating on mainly Europe to N. America , they've scrapped lots of other routes as loss making even the Indian ones.

I'm still waiting for him to keep Concorde flying and to start flying Airbus A380 , as his publicity machine stayed at the time when they were both in the news

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Interesting to see what Branson has in mind

start of long haul service to BKK or a regional

joint venture which would put him up against

his good buddy AirAsia boss Tony Fernandes.

I should imagine Messrs Branson and Fernandes will be somehow linked if this venture ever gets off the ground, (See what I did there?)!

Interesting to see what Branson has in mind

start of long haul service to BKK or a regional

joint venture which would put him up against

his good buddy AirAsia boss Tony Fernandes.

I may be misreading it, but sounds to me like he is talking long haul, UK to Australia via Bangkok

"I would love to operate flights, one day, to connect to Australia via here," the founder of the British Virgin Group said during a brief stopover in Bangkok.

It would be great to see another direct London/Bangkok flight, there is not that many on the go. He already has 2 destinations in the far east so obviously looking in this direction.

>>He will never be seen with a thai around his neck.<<...Not sure about that as he definitely has a kinky streak .I think you meant to say a necktie though lol.

No, had I not tried a little humour, I would have said a tie round his neck.

Necktie is American usage.

Brits say braces, Yanks say suspenders ,which used to hold up females nylons.

BTW, I don't think having a Thai round ones neck is actually kinky, providing she is agreeable.

>>He will never be seen with a thai around his neck.<<...Not sure about that as he definitely has a kinky streak .I think you meant to say a necktie though lol.

No, had I not tried a little humour, I would have said a tie round his neck.

Necktie is American usage.

Brits say braces, Yanks say suspenders ,which used to hold up females nylons.

BTW, I don't think having a Thai round ones neck is actually kinky, providing she is agreeable.

Kinky in that he is known for liking to cross dress (but could never be passable with that beard that hides his bad facial skin ) and in that he is a married man with children,and so should not be sharing a bed with a Thai lady .

Edited by anto

Known for liking to cross dress?

I know he lost a bet with his pal Fernandes, and the forfeit was that he would fly on an Air Asia long haul (the late lamented Stanstead- KL route) dressed as a female flight attendant, but I'm not sure if that qualifies as a penchant for cross dressing.

Edited by JAG

Known for liking to cross dress?

I know he lost a bet with his pal Fernandes, and the forfeit was that he would fly on an Air Asia long haul (the late lamented Stanstead- KL route) dressed as a female flight attendant, but I'm not sure if that qualifies as a penchant for cross dressing.

He was loving it .There were many other occasions in the past to.I am sure i could find links if i was bothered to look.

nice, he wants to make a small fortune, he actually has a big one smile.png

People like him are never satisfied .It will all end in tears for him .He has come close to disaster several times in his personal life . I don't think that he is an evil bastard like some ,but he should be satisfied with what he has got already at this stage .

Waiting for the English translation of this gibberish.

Ok, the man is a bilionner planning soon to fly the Thailand Australia routs, has 3 beauty clubs in Bkk and 2 radio

stations and this is just the beginning, as Branson known to be the fox in the hen house attitude

when it come to business savvy....the more the better I say,,

?

What happens when the fox sees a load of Fighting Thai Cockerels instead of hens?

^He is a clone of his mother ,who is also a strange looking creature .(in her 80s now ) .

I wonder what you will look like at 91, if you even live that long.

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=Eve+Branson&es_sm=122&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAWoVChMIp-ymqO72xwIVQhmOCh3tJQpZ&biw=1024&bih=653

^He is a clone of his mother ,who is also a strange looking creature .(in her 80s now ) .

I wonder what you will look like at 91, if you even live that long.

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=Eve+Branson&es_sm=122&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAWoVChMIp-ymqO72xwIVQhmOCh3tJQpZ&biw=1024&bih=653

Doubt if i have the will to live that long ,and keep people waiting for me to die .( she is a reptilian ,i am quite sure ) .