Late payment of uk pension

vogie

I have just got of the phone to international pensions and they blamed America for having a bank holiday,so I asked what has America got to do with UK pensions,the answer was "that's the way we do the banking".I was gobsmacked at that reply.

Did you ring the 7777 number? All I'm getting is a ringing tone all the time, not even an answer phone.

Yes you do.

You will get a recorded message and first chance you get press "3".

yes that's right,for dtac I phoned 004441912187777.
  • Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have just got of the phone to international pensions and they blamed America for having a bank holiday,so I asked what has America got to do with UK pensions,the answer was "that's the way we do the banking".I was gobsmacked at that reply.

Did you ring the 7777 number? All I'm getting is a ringing tone all the time, not even an answer phone.

Yes you do.

Yes that number worked a treat, he said if the payment has not gone in by the 20th (payment was due on the 7th) to call him back. The guy also admitted that if the payment, lets say is a week overdue, we have lost the money and there is nothing they can do about it.

Yes you do.

Yes that number worked a treat, he said if the payment has not gone in by the 20th (payment was due on the 7th) to call him back. The guy also admitted that if the payment, lets say is a week overdue, we have lost the money and there is nothing they can do about it.

The final comment is clearly nonsense.

Yes you do.

Expand please, I did record the conversation for reference

Yes you do.

Expand please, I did record the conversation for reference

vogie - of course they can "do something about it".

DWP have an obligation to pay your pension and if their agents cock-up the transfer they will have a responsibility to sort it out.

That said, I have every confidence your pension will arrive this week............ (fingers crossed smile.png )

UK Pension service uses Citbank US for pension payments distribution overseas.

True, but US bank holidays do not affect pension payments, only UK and Thai bank holidays. Bank holidays mean an early payment, not a late one.

Yes you do.

This is not true. Anyone who makes an international payment can request a Swift report on the transaction. I have done it a couple of times for payments that have gone missing. In reality the funds do not go missing, just end up in the wrong account and then retrieval becomes the problem.

True, but US bank holidays do not affect pension payments, only UK and Thai bank holidays. Bank holidays mean an early payment, not a late one.

It may depend how Citibank actually process the payments i.e. from the UK ? They could remit Sterling to Thailand bank accounts from anywhere in the world.

That said, they have always managed to remit funds so as to reach the beneficiary on a 28 day cycle.

Citi Appointed By MNPA To Process Overseas Pension Payments

London, 18 June 2007 – MNPA, the multi award winning provider of third party administration and related services to UK pension schemes, has appointed Citi to process overseas payments.

Citi will work with MNPA to support the regular electronic payments to overseas pensioners through its market leading Worldlink® Payment Services. Worldlink® Payment Services is used by thousands of corporations, financial institutions and governments around the world to process international payments in over 135 currencies.

Nigel Downey, Finance Director at MNPA, said, "We are pleased to be working with Citi to provide our clients and their pensioners with an enhanced international payments solution that will provide them with the increased automation, reliability and security they require."

Naveed Sultan, Head of Cash Management for Europe, Middle East and Africa, Citi, said, "We are delighted to be working with a market leader such as MNPA to enable them to serve their clients' cross border needs more effectively. The combination of our unparalleled global network and extensive experience processing overseas pensions payments for governments and other entities around the world creates a best in class solution for MNPA's clients and their pensioners."

Yes you do.

This is not true. Anyone who makes an international payment can request a Swift report on the transaction. I have done it a couple of times for payments that have gone missing. In reality the funds do not go missing, just end up in the wrong account and then retrieval becomes the problem.

The point I was trying to make is that the payments have not gone missing, they have not been paid. If we wait a week, or more for a delayed payment, you cannot say, well we will get it a week later because we would have got a payment then anyway.

It may depend how Citibank actually process the payments i.e. from the UK ? They could remit Sterling to Thailand bank accounts from anywhere in the world.

I have been receiving my pension every 4th Friday for the last 3 years and generally speaking it is credited between 09.15 and 09.30 on the Friday morning. If there has been a UK bank holiday on the Monday I have received it on the Thursday morning and if there has been a Thai holiday on the Friday I have received it on the Thursday morning. It has never been affected by a US holiday.

DWP Direct Payments to Thailand are remitted in Thai Baht from the UK.

I have been receiving my pension every 4th Friday for the last 3 years and generally speaking it is credited between 09.15 and 09.30 on the Friday morning. If there has been a UK bank holiday on the Monday I have received it on the Thursday morning and if there has been a Thai holiday on the Friday I have received it on the Thursday morning. It has never been affected by a US holiday.

Apologies - as a youngster not yet in receipt of the state pension smile.png I wrongly assumed they were remitted in Sterling for conversion at 'better' rates offshore. I now recall that Citibank usually applied a rate that compared favourably with Thai banks rates.

I specifically stated that they transfer GBP and AFAIK that is what they send.

Below is a copy of an email sent today to see if any information slow probably in its return can or will throw a true light on the situation.

To whom it may concern
As of the time of this email I have not received my state pension payment due on September 14th 2015 to my bank account here in Thailand.
There are a number of reasons being quoted on a site that carries a thread concerning the late or possible non payment scenario.
There is a link to that thread here ( http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/855764-late-payment-of-uk-pension) so as to assist you in understanding what is being said.
First we are told that the Thai Banking system is with holding payment for 14 days due to some kerfuffle concerning Swift Codes.We are also told that the Bank of Ireland is now the forwarding agency for the D.W.P.
To add more confusion people have been told on them phone by staff from the International Pension Centre the delay is due to holidays in the United States.
There is also a suggestion that payments have been misdirected by Citibank and the funds lost and that the losers will have to try to recover these fund.
I am aware that you personally are not responsible for this situation.However some idea or even the truth concerning the matter would indeed be a calming measure.
I recently went through a Life Certificate verification process so I am sure that matter is not the cause of my delayed payment
The delay of payment which to many is a large part of their monthly income is a serious matter and causes some hardship and worry to some people.
PERSONAL REFERENCE DETAILS REMOVED.
Having had dealings with your department before I have found your professional help, advice and assistance first class. Hopefully the same scenario will apply to this matter
Sincerely yours.
Edited by arfurcrown

11.29 Wednesday 16th September 2015.

Pension payment still not yet received.

Not saying this may of happened but my ex wife worked for a bank head office, her job was to find lost payments, there were many. Only had to be a digit out by an in-putter to send stuff to a wrong country or account.....

I agree with you 100% and if I had asked for a change and got it wrong I would be at fault. In this case the DWP changed things at their end without talking to me.

The lady I spoke to last Friday said that the money should be in my account yesterday. Normally there is a 2 day delay so perhaps it will be there in tomorrow, but if it isn't in by Friday I will NOT be a happy little sausage and I WILL be gently chastising the DWP. Not the people in the call centre but I will try to get hold of a manager.

Below is a copy of an email sent today to see if any information slow probably in its return can or will throw a true light on the situation.

To whom it may concern
As of the time of this email I have not received my state pension payment due on September 14th 2015 to my bank account here in Thailand.
There are a number of reasons being quoted on a site that carries a thread concerning the late or possible non payment scenario.
There is a link to that thread here ( http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/855764-late-payment-of-uk-pension) so as to assist you in understanding what is being said.
First we are told that the Thai Banking system is with holding payment for 14 days due to some kerfuffle concerning Swift Codes.We are also told that the Bank of Ireland is now the forwarding agency for the D.W.P.
To add more confusion people have been told on them phone by staff from the International Pension Centre the delay is due to holidays in the United States.
There is also a suggestion that payments have been misdirected by Citibank and the funds lost and that the losers will have to try to recover these fund.
I am aware that you personally are not responsible for this situation.However some idea or even the truth concerning the matter would indeed be a calming measure.
I recently went through a Life Certificate verification process so I am sure that matter is not the cause of my delayed payment
The delay of payment which to many is a large part of their monthly income is a serious matter and causes some hardship and worry to some people.
PERSONAL REFERENCE DETAILS REMOVED.
Having had dealings with your department before I have found your professional help, advice and assistance first class. Hopefully the same scenario will apply to this matter
Sincerely yours.

Can you PM me the contact details please, just in case I need them on Friday.

Not saying this may of happened but my ex wife worked for a bank head office, her job was to find lost payments, there were many. Only had to be a digit out by an in-putter to send stuff to a wrong country or account.....

I agree with you 100% and if I had asked for a change and got it wrong I would be at fault. In this case the DWP changed things at their end without talking to me.

The lady I spoke to last Friday said that the money should be in my account yesterday. Normally there is a 2 day delay so perhaps it will be there in tomorrow, but if it isn't in by Friday I will NOT be a happy little sausage and I WILL be gently chastising the DWP. Not the people in the call centre but I will try to get hold of a manager.

My 65th birthday was the 26th August 2012 and my pension started on 1st September 2012, the first Friday after my birthday with the first payment due Friday 28th September. I was always under the impression that it was due from your birthday, obviously not.

Apart from bank holidays,it has been paid every 4th Friday since it started normally coming in about 09.15 on the Friday morning, never any 2 day delay. My last payment was due Friday 28th August and was credited to my account at 09.19 on Thursday 27th August, bank holiday in the UK.

With the comments that have appeared in this discussion I am beginning to wonder if the DWP have been operating under 2 different scenarios with regard to pension payments. With some reporting being paid on time and some obviously delayed it is all very confusing. The letter from the DWP did not indicate the timeframe in which this would take place. Although I have had one payment since the letter was issued that is no guarantee that the next payment will not be affected, I will not know that till a week on Friday.

When was yours due billd, mine was due in on the 7th, still not gone in.

Mine should have been paid on Friday 4th September and would normally be in my KBank account on Monday the 7th or Tuesday the 8th if there was a bank holiday in Thailand on the Monday.

It wasn't and the last time I looked this afternoon it still isn't.

Also so far I have not received any letter either and the post was collected from the post office this afternoon.

Well to complete the saga concerning my personal situation my pension payment was credited to my bank A/C (U.O.B.) yesterday, but 2 days late.

Had a chat with the duty manager and her comments were that as a bank U..O.B. had no problems as the SWIFT system was working fine and has worked just fine.

I've banked with U.O.B. in its various entities since they entered Thailand around 1997 ish. Fist class service never any problems.

My pension has been paid into the bank for the last 5 years and as said, '' no problems.''

It will be interesting to see what the contents are of any reply I may receive from the D.W.P. regarding this matter of late. delayed payments and the reasons for the matter.

I will let you know the contents if and when the reply arrives.

Edited by arfurcrown

Yes I have just checked my acc and its gone in at last. Approx 10 days late, so in my reckoning we have lost 10 days in payment, we will never get that back. But hey ho lets be thankful for small mercies.

Good news.

..... and you will not lose a Penny Vogie, you still haven't grasped that. smile.png

Yes I have just checked my acc and its gone in at last. Approx 10 days late, so in my reckoning we have lost 10 days in payment, we will never get that back. But hey ho lets be thankful for small mercies.

Good news.

..... and you will not lose a Penny Vogie, you still haven't grasped that. smile.png

Mmnnn, anyway congratulations on reaching your 4000 post jip. ?

Not so. We got the same amount of money as normal, just 10 days later and in fact we probably gained a few baht on the exchange rate too. The other good news is that from now on things will be back to normal (I hope) and now I only have just over 2 weeks until the next 28 days worth comes in.

My glass is now past the half full mark where it normally is and tonight it will be refilled several times.

Have a great day.

Not so. We got the same amount of money as normal, just 10 days later and in fact we probably gained a few baht on the exchange rate too. The other good news is that from now on things will be back to normal (I hope) and now I only have just over 2 weeks until the next 28 days worth comes in.

My glass is now past the half full mark where it normally is and tonight it will be refilled several times.

Have a great day.

Bill, I don't want to be the one to lower the level in your glass, but my interpretation of the DWP letter (extract below) is that your next payment will be received on 15th October.

Unfortunately the first payment using a SWIFT/BIC code will take longer to appear in your account.
It will take about 6 days longer than you would normally be expecting it.
After this first delay, your payments will start showing in your account every 4 weeks.