For Info - Khor Ror 2 (KR2)

This morning, I submitted my second application for a non immigrant O visa at the Thai Consulate in Savannakhet. I received this visa back in July 2014 with no problems at all.

I submitted exactly the same paperwork this time around together with a KR2 updated earlier this month by Amphur. I lost my original marriage cert many years ago in the UK.

The male official to whom I handed over the necessary paperwork seemed very hesitant in accepting this asking to see the original marriage certificate. I explained of course of of the loss many years ago. It wasn't until he spoke to a female colleague who I guess said that's fine that the male official said to me 'okay' five thousand baht please and here is your ticket number to collect passport tomorrow.

It can happen that a consular or immigration official does not know that the colourful certificate (KR.3) given to the couple at the time of the marriage registration at the district office has no legal meaning and is merely a decorative souvenir. When this happens, ask to speak to a superior official.