New Opthamologist CM Ram

Tywais

Ok, not sure if she is new but the first time I've seen her.

I've had an irritation in my eye for 5-6 weeks and thought it was dust/dirt or an eye lash but it just wouldn't go away. I was near CM Ram and decided to just do a walk in to the EENT department and explained my issue. They had me take a seat which was no more then 5 minutes before getting called in to the mandatory weight/bp/temperature/pulse oximeter tests. Soon as it was done was taken into an ophthalmology room, which by the way was very well equipped. The nurse did the eye pressure test then a visual acuity test.

She informed the doctor who came out immediately to talk to me about my symptoms and used a machine with a bright light and scope on it. After preliminary look she applied something to my eye with an applicator, my guess blue dye test that fluoresces under UV. She said it was calcium deposits under my eyelids and she would remove them now. Nurse put drops in my eye to desensitize it as the doctor used a needle to remove them.

The doctor's name was Dr. Wanyupa Rattarittamrong. Her English was excellent, her manor also and a nice smile all the time. Took the time to explain everything and obviously knowledgeable and personable though it was only one visit so can't make a deeper judgement. Yes, I will be shallow and say she was quite attractive. wink.png

BTW, Ram's remodeling looks excellent and very professional not unlike Bumrungrad in Bangkok. Of course this is the 1st floor, the upper floors still look a bit aged. Brand new lifts now also.

They gave me a bill that was fully itemized also detailing every single cost. Total cost was 948 Baht, 500 Baht for the doctor but that included her performing a medical procedure plus prescription for medical eye drops and a gel to use daily. No extra meds, those are what I would expect.

I'm sure someone will be along and say they could have done the same thing for 100 baht at such and such hospital. Yes, a government hospital possibly. biggrin.png

Last time I went to RAM was 2006.

People were always ranting and raving about it, that they try to scam you no end.

I was always left happy with their service and found them to be very professional.

and if I remember correctly... attractive and nice smelling. Not that I'd try to sniff them, of course.

Yes, you see her name now under RAM's

OPHATALMOLOGY'S SCHEDULE ... but no details about her"curriculum vitae".

Will be interesting to read her curriculum.

In general, we cannot complain about the quality of the fulltime ophthalmologists in RAM. Reading your comment makes me assume she is in the same quality level.

Edited by puck2

Thanks for the post, Tywais. My wife has had an eye irritation for some time now and this looks like the next stop. I may of course have to go along with her just to check things out.

This post prompted you to get your wife to an opthamologist?

Thanks for the post, Tywais. My wife has had an eye irritation for some time now and this looks like the next stop. I may of course have to go along with her just to check things out.

This post prompted you to get your wife to an opthamologist?

No, not really. It's called sarcasm. Chill.

Interesting. I've had similar chronic eye problems for over a year. Started April 2014. I've been to no less they 5 doctors including one a RAM. It wasn't until a talked to my last doctor (trained in the US) that I got the same diagnosis: calcium deposits in the eyelids. He took a picture and showed me. However. other than give me lubricating eyedrop, that was all he did. I still to this day, everyday, feel like I have sand in my eyes.

I think I'll go make an appointment and see if the deposits can be removed by the doctor you mentioned. This is never comfortable. Thanks for the info.