Unknown Tel.no. Asking To Pay For Call?

monsieurhappy

My mobile rang yesterday, the number displayed was 057586554. I didn't reqognise this number but pressed the answer button. The operator gave me 2 options - Press 1 to pay for incoming call or Press 2 not to pay. Obviously, not knowing who is calling, I oppted not to pay. The phone immediately rang again with the same number and options so I closed the phone off completely. Last night, the same thing happened and my wife said she has had the same number call her mobile with the same options. Anyone know what this is, is it a SCAM? :o:D

i had someone phone me up with a number i did not have in my phone, but i accepted the call and it turned out to be my gf's best friend (she had been trying my gf but she was in bed with her phone on silent). her best friend had got a new number but did not have any money for credit...

Oh well, isn't the favourite sport of your beloved ones here the "ying beu" (approximate phonetic transcription), making your phone ring once and expect you to call back?

They always have such wonderful, nice and costly mobile phones with 0.02 bahts credit on their prepaid :o

TiT!

--Lannig

My mobile rang yesterday, the number displayed was 057586554. I didn't reqognise this number but pressed the answer button. The operator gave me 2 options - Press 1 to pay for incoming call or Press 2 not to pay. Obviously, not knowing who is calling, I oppted not to pay. The phone immediately rang again with the same number and options so I closed the phone off completely. Last night, the same thing happened and my wife said she has had the same number call her mobile with the same options. Anyone know what this is, is it a SCAM? :o:D

Under no circumstances accept the incoming signal: I had the same problem on my NOKIA mobile. I accepted the incoming signal and my balance was zero the next day.

What happens is a virus/worm, gets into your mobile and sends repeated message thus stripping your phone balance if you are pre-pay, then the virus uses blue tooth to flatten your battery in 24 hours. The phone becomes hot to touch due to constant transmission activity.

The good news was, I cured the worm/virus by visiting the NOKIA website and downloading a 'fix'.

For those of you on post-pay; the only solution is to turn off your phone and find a virus/worm cure text download from your mobile brand website.

Under no circumstances accept the incoming signal: I had the same problem on my NOKIA mobile. I accepted the incoming signal and my balance was zero the next day.

What happens is a virus/worm, gets into your mobile and sends repeated message thus stripping your phone balance if you are pre-pay, then the virus uses blue tooth to flatten your battery in 24 hours. The phone becomes hot to touch due to constant transmission activity.

The good news was, I cured the worm/virus by visiting the NOKIA website and downloading a 'fix'.

For those of you on post-pay; the only solution is to turn off your phone and find a virus/worm cure text download from your mobile brand website.

I don't believe a word of this. Hoax.

I don't believe a word of this. Hoax.

The worm spreads as a .SIS file, which is automatically installed into the "APPS" directory when the receiver accepts the transmission. Upon execution, it will display a message then copy itself to a directory that is not visible by default. The worm runs from this directory whenever the phone is rebooted, so it continues to work even if the files are deleted from the APPS directory.

Its true.

Worm.SymbOS.Cabir.a (Kaspersky Lab) is also known as: SymbOS/Cabir.b (McAfee), SymbOS.Cabir.B (Symantec), Symb/Cabir-C (Sophos), SymbOS_CABIR.A (Trend Micro), Worm/Symbi.Cabir.A (H+BEDV), SymbOS.Worm.Caribe.A (SOFTWIN), SymbOS/Cabir.A.worm (Panda)

Edited by Lacoste

Oh well, isn't the favourite sport of your beloved ones here the "ying beu" (approximate phonetic transcription), making your phone ring once and expect you to call back?

They always have such wonderful, nice and costly mobile phones with 0.02 bahts credit on their prepaid :D

TiT!

--Lannig

Ahhh, so I'm not Robinson Crusoe.

At least I have the choice of returning the call, or not.

Usually not :D

"ying beu" eh, will try to remember those new words..... Thanks! :o