Any members with real life experience of Thailand Elite?

Sorry but you said that with Elite you still have to go to immigration for 90 days reports, so what is the difference with retirement visa ?

And about not showing your bank secrets, you just need to put the money in a special account that you will only use for this purpose, so not sure that you gave the real replies to this question...

Sorry if I am wrong anyway, just trying to understand !

Thank you.

You are over 50, why did you go the elite route rather than just adding another 300K to the 500K purchase price and then getting a retirement visa extension?

Good question. My reasons are maybe a little unusual. I value my privacy and have no desire to open my bank books to immigration. Nor do I want to waste my own time in the Phuket traffic to reach the immigration office, where I have to deal with (I choose my words carefully to avoid a charge of defamation), immigration officers who may be incompetent, corrupt or both.

I simply want to pay my money to Elite, and then expect a decent service to manage the annual visa extension. On the first occasion when I needed that service, it was sorely lacking.

I hope they do better next year smile.png

I do not understand your 'bait and switch' comment.

As in (I quote from the TE website) at:

http://thailandelite.com/privilege_detail.php?id=139&t=8&name=Limousine

A waiting limousine*, complimentary for Thailand Elite Members, promptly chauffeurs you to your hotel or residence.

• Limousine transfer areas

- Bangkok and Outskirts, Chiang Mai City, Phuket Island, Samui Island

My confirmation letter for my transfer back to my home from the airport omitted to mention any details about the type of vehicle.

I complained to TE a few days ago about this transfer service and they confirmed that for transfers from Phuket, they use what they call 'a van'.

So, no limo service in Phuket.

I'm not about to throw my toys out of my pram because there is no limo. But IMHO, that's a breach of contract that I have with TE. My contract doesn't say about the limo 'subject to availability and we'll use a van or tuk-tuk if we want'. It says that they will use a limousine and that service is part of what I'm paying for.

If they breach the contract for this, then what other parts of the contract might they see fit to breach in the future??

Edited by simon43

The limo transport is a nice bennie, but not necessary. Even without the limo and the hotel/restaurant/spa/golf discounts, I would again gladly pay the 500k for the ease, security and benefits of a hassle-free 5-year visa with unlimited entries.

The inclusive Limo (& Airport transfers), The Spa, The Golf all mean that membership will pay for itself at some point, if you are a fairly heavy user.

For me the break even point calculates out at roughly 12 years (I've played less golf this last few years)

1 Million Baht lifetime Membership (9 years ago)

- 12 times per year Golf (at approx 3000 baht green fees - some courses such as Mung Keaw ar 4600 baht green fee)

- 8 Return Airport Trx per year (1200 baht per trip AOT Camry)

- 25 Massage per year (at 1000 baht per time)

Thus: For the 5 year / 500k membership members could perhaps evaluate how much they use the services and calculate the true cost.

• Like 1

The limo transport is a nice bennie, but not necessary. Even without the limo and the hotel/restaurant/spa/golf discounts, I would again gladly pay the 500k for the ease, security and benefits of a hassle-free 5-year visa with unlimited entries.

The inclusive Limo (& Airport transfers), The Spa, The Golf all mean that membership will pay for itself at some point, if you are a fairly heavy user.

For me the break even point calculates out at roughly 12 years (I've played less golf this last few years)

- 12 times per year Golf (at approx 3000 baht green fees - some courses such as Mung Keaw ar 4600 baht green fee)

Thus: For the 5 year / 500k membership members could perhaps evaluate how much they use the services and calculate the true cost.

1 million Baht invested in Aberdeen's growth fund over the same 9 period would now be worth over 20 million baht.

• Like 2

<snip>

With the elite visa you get a member card too, i hope that can be used instead of a passport if immigration checks you on the street (not sure just hope)

Yes, I was wondering about that too. Whip out the card, wave it in their face and say 'Do you know who I am?' LOL cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

1 million Baht invested in Aberdeen's growth fund over the same 9 period would now be worth over 20 million baht.

I'd also be a multimillionaire with 20:20 hind sight... The reality is, none of us are. This year has been a particular killer for investments (mine at least).

That same 1 Million baht could have and most likely have bombed in the 2009/2009 slump.

Just one single choice last year has resulted in me not making in excess of US$1 million... the choice was to sell out of a leverage based on some news, had I held onto the leverage the payout would have been excellent - Again, 20:20 hindsight is a wonderful thing.

With 20:20 hindsight the Thai Elite membership was a good choice - and through the course of its life-time it will have paid for itself, in effect, costing nothing.

You see Bulldozer, I would have had to pay for Airport Transfers (AOT car), For the Golf Courses and for the Massages. Over 12 years I would have spent approximately 1 Million Baht... That money would never have been invested, its spending money, expendable income.

• Like 2

Hi, I'm considering getting a 5 year membership Elite visa after reading everyone's various comments. However my BIG question (and I can get any clear answer from Thai Elite reps!): what about my 1 year old (non thai) baby who lives with me in Thailand? Does the Elite membership include/cover her? Am I expected to get her a separate membership (which is not an option costwise, obviously!)

Thanks for enlightening me! :)

Hi, I'm considering getting a 5 year membership Elite visa after reading everyone's various comments. However my BIG question (and I can get any clear answer from Thai Elite reps!): what about my 1 year old (non thai) baby who lives with me in Thailand? Does the Elite membership include/cover her? Am I expected to get her a separate membership (which is not an option costwise, obviously!)

Thanks for enlightening me! smile.png

I'm not sure about the Thai Elite Visa extending to your child.

There have been comments on this forum before (in other threads) regrading child 'overstay' - If I'm not mistaken Minors / Children under 15 (?) cannot be charged for overstay in Thailand.

Thanks for enlightening me! smile.png

The five year plan is for an individual.

Full details of the Elite scheme can be viewed in the link

http://www.thailandelite.com/glimpse.php