Diabetes testing.

svaldezi

I live here in Bangkok and I wanted to know if I could get my blood sugar tested at the Bangkok Christian hospital or anywhere else like that? I have been to the Bangkok Christian hospital and had no issues getting the proper service. Any one have some recommendations? Thank you in advance.

Yes you can get such a test at any hospital or clinic - normally should fast for basic "fbs" test so going before breakfast and not eating/drinking overnight is normal. Also self testing equipment is available at any drug store (although not as cheap or the selection of many other countries). Diabetes is a very common condition so most doctors will have good knowledge of treatment - and doctor visit does not cost much at less expensive hospitals so would recommend.

You go see any GP whereby he can test your blood sugar levels on the spot and give you an

indications or do a fasting glucose blood sugar testing in the morning some time for better

results, a GP in a local or hospitals like Bumrungrad, BKK hospital or Samitivej.....

The health check up section of any hodpital. No appointment needed but fast from midnight the night before.

It will cost not much more to get this as part of a package that includes lipid panel etc.

I guess you could even do it yourself with the test sticks. Maybe not exact but enough for simple Yes/No answer.

Actually believe test strips are very accurate if fresh and meter correct. But it is not cheap so probably better used to monitor treatment of those that require (do not believe most even taking pills require that degree of measurement). It sounds as if poster is just trying to determine if he has an issue so a visit to a doctor would likely be the best starting point - doctors visit in less than most expensive hospitals is not that expensive. And having tests the doctor recommends after talking would make sense (and suspect lipids would likely be on that list).