I'm stranded in Cambodia-HELP!

He has a Thai wife why not get a real visa?

Money perhaps? If he has a wife is it legal and if so does he have income/bank equivalent = Baht 400,000 ? If not that may well be the reason. Even she is the bread winner he cannot get a visa based on her income. I wish him luck.

They don't ask to see any funds when you apply for non immigrant O visa (multiple entry) at Thai Embassy in Sawannakhet Laos. Been there, done it already. Bring right paperwork and 5000 bath.

He has a passport, why not get a tourist visa?

He qualifies for visa exempt entry, why should he have to get a visa?

Immigration decides if he qualifies for a visa exempt entry.

They have decided he doesn't.

• Like 2

Rules keep changing and it's difficult to catch up; even then, the rules get tightened or relaxed depending on the Immigration Points.

I would take the Cambodian bus from Poipet down to Koh Khong and try to re-enter there. It's a shady looking place, but one where you can get things done for a consideration. If you manage to enter Thailand from there, it's a regular minibus service to Trat Bus Station and fast Thai buses to Bangkok Morchit.

Short of that take the Plane to Bangkok from Siam Reap or Phnom Penh.

Good luck

I enjoyed the freedom of crossing borders, and mistakenly thought thai immigration was impressed that I always came back to thailand. Guess what? They were not very impressed at all.

I now find myself tied in place. A household full of expensive stuff, 2 motorbikes a car and truck. All the things I did not want, when I first arrived...for the sheer reason of feeling free.

I would like to help! If bike is Ducati, I will take it off your hands. I'd take the truck too, but I have no use for it, and no place to keep it.

smile.png

OP, get AirAsia one way from PP to Bangkok, they stamp you 30 days again at airport.

Painful crackdown tho, it's like they have a twice a year meeting about how to make staying here more difficult. And what are they cracking down exactly, what is gained from this?

If you're living in Thailand you are not a tourist. Get the proper visa or go home.

Helpful post of the day there.......

How do you come to this conclusion? I know plenty of people who 'live here' for a few months of the year each year while on extended holidays.....

Edited by MrBrilliant

Would theu refuse entry bk into thailand if you have a 2 entry tourist visa??

If they do then its lights out. Thailand again making it clear we dont want Foreigners in our Country. Corruption and stupidity is beyond endemic currently....

"Thailand again making it clear we dont want Foreigners in our Country."

Name one country that wants foreigners who can't comply with immigrations requirements and/or who contribute next to nothing to the economy. Simply being a foreigner isn't really the attractive decorative asset many farang seem to imagine. I sincerely doubt there is a substantial number of free-spending tourists regularly entering Thailand via Cambodian land borders.

"If they do then its lights out"

How original. Disgruntled and delusional farang have been spewing the "final nail in the coffin" predictions for decades and probably longer. And yet the lights are still on and the coffin empty.

Actually, Chivas does have a point. If the authorities were to prevent legitimate tourist visa holders from entering the country on a regular basis, then yes, that WOULD impact the Thai economy. Maybe you haven't been to the Thai-Cambodian border before and only ever travel in/out of Thailand by plane (or perhaps you never travel at all) but I can tell you, there is a substantial difference in the number of tourists heading across the Thai-Cambodian border comparing now (last month) and say Jan or Feb 2014.

Back then there were lengthy lines of Russians, other westerners, a few South Koreans, Vietnamese and Lao workers heading over to Poipet. The Russians and some of the younger westerners were mostly legitimate tourists heading onto Angkor Wat, Phnom Penh maybe even Vietnam, while the South Koreans were mostly visa runners. Same with the Vietnamese and especially the Lao workers, 100% visa runners.

Many of these nationalities were targeted as part of a crackdown on visa runners, while the number of Russians has started to dry up given the state of their economy and drop in exchange rate, since around mid 2014.

Fast forward to last month and there were but 2 foreigners entering Thailand at Aranyaprathet. Just 2. One of whom , an elderly westerner, appeared to be detained and may have been refused entry. Or that's what it looked like given he was seated just behind immigration and was filling out some forms.

If you're living in Thailand you are not a tourist. Get the proper visa or go home.

How do you come to this conclusion? I know plenty of people who 'live here' for a few months of the year each year while on extended holidays.....

And this people you know they have a tourist visa or the are in thailand on visa exempt (30 days)?

If they have a tourist visa I think they have to proper visa as fred would say. If they have "only" the visa exempt then the question would be are the 100% legal or it is only accepted. Of course also depends how long they really stay in thailand every year.

If you country it is possible to stay forever without a proper visa?

And this people you know they have a tourist visa or the are in thailand on visa exempt (30 days)?

If they have a tourist visa I think they have to proper visa as fred would say. If they have "only" the visa exempt then the question would be are the 100% legal or it is only accepted. Of course also depends how long they really stay in thailand every year.

If you country it is possible to stay forever without a proper visa?

They usually get single or double entry Tourist visas depending on how long they are over for.

My point in the reply to Fred's silly post was that while they 'live' here, they are still 'Tourists' if you follow me.

http://www.brommando.com/article/1338234/youll-want-to-see-these-19-cake-fails-before-you-think-of-baking-a-cake?param4=fni-ism&param2=ism&param1=

http://www.brommando.com/article/1338234/youll-want-to-see-these-19-cake-fails-before-you-think-of-baking-a-cake?param4=fni-ism&param2=ism&param1=

Brilliant. The long Monsoon Season nights must just fly by with you around....

Well at this time he has been online for 40 minutes on the Farang Pub forum - TROLL.

Finally a member with some sense.

Seriously when I start a topic and need advice, I check often. Annoys me when a lot of people try help and OP does a Houdini .....'.do they get a giggle

• Like 1

Well at this time he has been online for 40 minutes on the Farang Pub forum - TROLL.

Finally a member with some sense.

Seriously when I start a topic and need advice, I check often. Annoys me when a lot of people try help and OP does a Houdini .....'.do they get a giggle

A stalker more like :o

It would seem this issue of visa exempt entries has been building up for some time.

There would seem to be people who, despite warnings are still attempting to use VEE's as a means of remaining in Thailand long term.

My son arrives tomorrow for a three week holiday. Both he and his wife will enter the country using visa exempt entries.

They will, of course, have in their possession a return ticket and evidence of adequate finance.

I do not expect them to experience any difficulty ! smile.png

Immigration cracks down on visa exempt runners every 4-5 years.

Your son and wife will have no issues at all. the crack down is on people that are living in Thailand full time on visa exempt entries. Immigration officials have always said if you want to live in Thailand get the correct visa.

OP you mentioned you missed your wife. If she is Thai and you are legally married you can get an non-im "O" visa as mentioned several times.

Actually I'm surprised you were able to leave Thailand, typically immigration officials will tell you before they stamp you out that if you leave you will not be able to come back in. PP is not bad, I haven't been there in about 6-7 years, i would check out Martini's, Sharky's bar etc.

It would seem this issue of visa exempt entries has been building up for some time.

There would seem to be people who, despite warnings are still attempting to use VEE's as a means of remaining in Thailand long term.

My son arrives tomorrow for a three week holiday. Both he and his wife will enter the country using visa exempt entries.

They will, of course, have in their possession a return ticket and evidence of adequate finance.

I do not expect them to experience any difficulty ! smile.png

Immigration cracks down on visa exempt runners every 4-5 years.

Your son and wife will have no issues at all. the crack down is on people that are living in Thailand full time on visa exempt entries. Immigration officials have always said if you want to live in Thailand get the correct visa.

OP you mentioned you missed your wife. If she is Thai and you are legally married you can get an non-im "O" visa as mentioned several times.

Actually I'm surprised you were able to leave Thailand, typically immigration officials will tell you before they stamp you out that if you leave you will not be able to come back in. PP is not bad, I haven't been there in about 6-7 years, i would check out Martini's, Sharky's bar etc.

Correct!

My son and his wife are now here.smile.png

Absolutely no problem with immigration...............................

They both have visa exempt entries and the IO wished them a good holiday!

As they are professional "working" people they have no need for "extensions of stay" or border runs.

They fit the profile of millions of other holidaymakers who do not seek to abuse Thai hospitality.

Edited by oncearugge
  • Like 2

Maestro is correct. I'm off to bed. A couple of beers have only made be a trifle paranoid about the bodybuilder who is now shouting incoherently in his room. This is one sketchy town, I'll be on the first bus out.

Haha, don't be afraid of bodybuilders. "Show muscles," not "go muscles". They look scary but are mostly harmless.

Money perhaps? If he has a wife is it legal and if so does he have income/bank equivalent = Baht 400,000 ? If not that may well be the reason. Even she is the bread winner he cannot get a visa based on her income. I wish him luck.[/quot

One word,Savanakhet.Every farang doing a dodgy should know this by now.