I'm stranded in Cambodia-HELP!

If you're living in Thailand you are not a tourist. Get the proper visa or go home.

Helpful post of the day there.......

How do you come to this conclusion? I know plenty of people who 'live here' for a few months of the year each year while on extended holidays.....

They probably have a tourist visa,plus extention,3 months.As the man said,get the right visa,it aint rocket science.Visas are easy,if your honest,it's the scammers that have problems.

If they do deny entry it would defeat the purpose of paying and obtaining a multi entry tourist visa to stay in thailand legally for 6 months with extensions. Why should it matter the route one takes to enter a country weather land or air if they have the correct visa?

What happened at the crossings this past weekend was a one off occurrence.

As I said you can cross now cross at the 4 crossings now.

Any reports of being OK to cross over to Myawady from Mae Sot on a one day pass, if in possession of a valid, non-B multi entry for example?

Is Phu Nam Ron back to normal yet?

Please update, as these things are important to know.

This whole thread is completely useless given the poster gave us no useful information to work with. Instead of rambling on about beer and bodybuilder types (tell someone who cares!) the most critical piece of information, which was most likely that he is a serial visa waiver abuser was missing.

Either provide this information or buzz off. Some of us have got more useful things to do than read a bunch of nonsense and hearsay that can't be substantiated. We want REAL reports based on actual travel history, nationality of passport etc.

• Like 1

It would seem this issue of visa exempt entries has been building up for some time.

There would seem to be people who, despite warnings are still attempting to use VEE's as a means of remaining in Thailand long term.

My son arrives tomorrow for a three week holiday. Both he and his wife will enter the country using visa exempt entries.

They will, of course, have in their possession a return ticket and evidence of adequate finance.

I do not expect them to experience any difficulty ! smile.png

Immigration cracks down on visa exempt runners every 4-5 years.

Your son and wife will have no issues at all. the crack down is on people that are living in Thailand full time on visa exempt entries. Immigration officials have always said if you want to live in Thailand get the correct visa.

OP you mentioned you missed your wife. If she is Thai and you are legally married you can get an non-im "O" visa as mentioned several times.

Actually I'm surprised you were able to leave Thailand, typically immigration officials will tell you before they stamp you out that if you leave you will not be able to come back in. PP is not bad, I haven't been there in about 6-7 years, i would check out Martini's, Sharky's bar etc.

They will only tell you that at the Burmese borders (which are a dead end unless you are visa exempt or have a visa in your passport already) and/or maybe if you have 100 Thai stamps in your passport already, most showing a typical visa running travel history.

...the most critical piece of information, which was most likely that he is a serial visa waiver abuser was missing...

If you read between the lines, it is right there in the OP:

...I went for my usual visa run which is usually without event...

"visa run" = run without a visa, ie back-to-back visa-exempt entry

"usual" = been doing this for at least three years

That's what I read between the lines. If I am wrong, it is the OP's fault for not having given clearer information.