tire deflating every day

Thian

Of course bending the valve stems is going to make them leak! What to you expect!

As it is both tyres, then it is very unlikly a tyre issue, more likely something you have done.

You need to get new valve stems and make sure the wheel is fitted correctly to the rim and buy from e bay or somewhere else a valve extension, so you can access the valves without bending them.

Ive never had any pressure loss on my honda pcx or my kawasaki 650 with tubeless tyres.

Best

Edited by Pdavies99

Are your wheels wire-spoked? If they are, on tubeless tyres they would leak quite fast. Wire spoked bikes are notorious for losing pressure, even with tubes.

The only other thing I can think of is your valves are leaking, although it is unusual for two at the same time. Pump the tyre up, then place spit on the valve top. If you see a bubble, you have a slow leak.

Just replace the tires with high quality bike tires like Michelin. They are my favorites.

Yes, when I first came to Thailand, I bought a brand new Honda wave 125 from the local village agent, I must have had about 15 punctures in the

first two years, I then changed to Micheline, and only 1 puncture in the next two years.

The reason i bought this bike is for the tubeless tires only! And they were great for 2 years, no problem at all. With my previous bike i had 10 punctures in 3 years.

I submerged the frontwheel in a huge cement-mixingbowl with water and a little dishwashing soap. Guess i need more soap or the tire only leeks when i drive.

On another forum i read that it's possible for the valvestems to leek ONLY when driving. Centrifugal force had to do with that. I drive 100km/hr max. in BKK so maybe that's possible.

I will try new valvestems (90 degree ones) and see what happens, if i still have the problem i 'll order Michelin Citygrips.

But how can the drivers of the Honda Zoomers pump them at the fuelstation? They have very small wheels and the pumps for motobikes don't have a pressuregauge.

Well the Honda dealer also don't even have a pressure-gauge so i guess that's the answer. They just pump it as hard as a cannonball and wish you good luck with it.

Maybe the weight of the bike squeezes the air out, thats why you don't see air leaking from just the submerged tire. Only way to be sure is submerge the entire bike.gigglem.gif

If somebody deflates both tires at night then my camera's would see it but then why doesn't he deflate them totally? Or just stick a nail in them? I don't think that's happening and our moobaan is highly secured.

I tried to buy michelin citygrips but that's not easy. They are available though:

http://www.moto.michelin.co.th/

Well i will get them one way or the other and also place 90 degree valvestems.

Yes tires don't like the hot thai sun but i spray them every few months with "black and shine" from 3M. They do have minor cracks though, that's why i will buy new ones.

And yes i drive over anything, bad roads with cracks and all, i drive like a motocy taxi. I also drive at the sides of thresholds and sometimes hit them with the side of the tire. I won't stop doing that and rather buy new tires every 2 years.

Strange thing is that they were deflated again today, both of them but also it's colder again today....i will wait untill it's hot and if they still have it i just buy new tires, citygrips that is.

Thanks for all the help! thumbsup.gifwai2.gif

I tossed the OEM tires that came with my Honda after about three years. I'd get a flat every two months.

Replaced both tires with Michelins four years ago. Had my first flat last week. Looked over the tire, and after four years of service I figured it had enough wear. I replaced it with another brand new Michelin. Why mess around with cheap tires and flats.

I watched a guy on a 'big bike' have his 'ticket punched' after going into a slide and hitting a railing on a dual lane highway. Excessive speed or tire failure: not sure what brought the bike down, but the rider has ridden his last. On motorcycles, excellent rubber and daily checks of the tire and pressure are a must. But! Up to you.

Yes tires are more important than shoe's for me. The bike i drive now really steers completely different if the tires are not perfectly pumped. Also i have to make emergency stops every day in BKK-traffic so yes i need the very best tires.

I have IRC brand now but i don't like the groove in the middle of the tire. It finds it's own way on the white stripes on the roads. As i drive inbetween lanes on the white stripe with a few cm space between the mirrors i don't to have tires who start steering automatic.

Michelin has v-grooves which hopefully don't do that.

Strange that the Thai didn't find out that Michelin Citygrip is the best one. I asked a michelin biketire shop today and they only had Michelin pro biketires. Also they couldn't even order citygrips for me. Oh well, i will get them....But i really hope citygrips are good, i trust the reviews i read on this forum.

Buy new tires, new motorcycles are fitted with the cheapest crap they can find. The material looses it elasticity over time, if you drive little this happens before the profile goes.

I bought my Honda 125 nine years ago. Still starts on the first kick even when I leave for over a month at a time.

But I still have to put air in the tires every time I fill the tank. I even bought new tires after 5 years, but there was no difference.

Bending the valve stems has probably damaged them plus the gunk in your tyres doesn't help. New valve stems and tyres will solve your problems. DO NOT put inner tubes in as you will have even more problems and quite frankly they can be dangerous when getting a high speed puncture.

You seem to be very particular about the pressure.

I lose 2-3 psi in a weeks use, standard, I am pretty sure they don't have slow punctures as it seems standard on 4 wheels.

Sounds like you have a bad fit on the rims, and I would be tempted to put inner tubes in myself. It isn't safe to be riding around on soft tyres and 5 psi/day will keep you working. Pump them to 30 psi and get an extra day! (I wouldn't go as far as Thai style which is to pump them to off-the gauge).

I thought the tyre sealant stuff was supposed to be a temporary fix?

I lose 2-3 psi in a weeks use, standard, I am pretty sure they don't have slow punctures as it seems standard on 4 wheels.

Sounds like you have a bad fit on the rims, and I would be tempted to put inner tubes in myself. It isn't safe to be riding around on soft tyres and 5 psi/day will keep you working. Pump them to 30 psi and get an extra day! (I wouldn't go as far as Thai style which is to pump them to off-the gauge).

I also thought that tiresealant would protect me against any leakage. It's one year inside my tire now and i bought it at the big moto expo in muang thong thani, made in the UK so i trusted it.

But i found michelin citygrips in BKK, just called michelin and asked where to buy them.clap2.gif They even could speak perfect english! What a relieve.thumbsup.gifwai2.gif

If you loose 3 psi every week then you also need better tires mate. Something is wrong with them, they are leaking.

Edited by Thian

I also thought that tiresealant would protect me against any leakage. It's one year inside my tire now and i bought it at the big moto expo in muang thong thani, made in the UK so i trusted it.

But i found michelin citygrips in BKK, just called michelin and asked where to buy them.clap2.gif They even could speak perfect english! What a relieve.thumbsup.gifwai2.gif

If you loose 3 psi every week then you also need better tires mate. Something is wrong with them, they are leaking.

Well as I stated it seems standard on my both wheels, and the Mrs bike seems to behave similarly although I am not as regular checking hers as she sometimes has left for work when I do it. I am not going to replace all the tyres as likely I will see the same problem after. Mine have tubes inside. It isn't the tyres that are leaking in my case is it, it would be the tubes! You can't fix your problem which is 15x worse than mine. I am talking of a small motorbike here.

In your case it could be

valves

poor seal on corroded rim edged

porous/cracked alloy

Edited by jacko45k

For gods sake, take it to a tyre place get tubs put in, not expensive.

I cannot believe a grown man needs to ask what to do on this. Hope you do not get to other questions like, how do you piss in a toilet without wetting the lid.

Use a neighbours?

Well i didn't pump my tires for several days now, temperatures are rising though.

With tubes i had loads of problems that's why i won't ever buy them again. I always drive on the worst spots of the roads on any surface but after 10,000 km never had a puncture.

I guess it was the temperaturedrop which caused my problem. But i want citygrips mounted anyway.

Silly question but I haven't seen it mentioned. Do you check the tyres hot or cold? Recommended tyre pressures must be set and checked when COLD. There is a lot of difference in pressure between hot and cold, especially in Thailand where the ambient temp varies more than in a lot of places.

Also, cheap tyres and tubes do not use the special and expensive rubber that is less porous to air - before this was developed, in 'the old days' it was normal to check tyres more regularly.

Also, I think nitrogen permeates through rubber faster than air!

My wife had Nitrogen in her tires of the old car but they also deflated sometimes.

I have IRC tires, original from Honda and no idea about the rubber. I don't have a gauge so i use it at the pump but first have to drive there so the tires will be hot i guess.

But it might be a temperature problem since i didn't pump them for many days now and they are still the same, i can easy feel it, don't have to drag the bag around the corner now.

But it was funny, i tried to call Michelin and nobody picked up. Then i mailed them and again they told me to call. Nobody picked up. Then they gave me the number of the Michelin hotline, nobody picked up.

Then i wrote them that they are wasting my time and suddenly they understood perfectly how to help me. I have to go to Sukhimvit to buy them but still better then nothing.