is phuket more expensive compared to other parts of thailand?

Howitzer

No, that's where the majority of low quality tourist and expat live. If they simply moved to pattaya they would get: parking, cheap prices and public transportation.

I know a few expats who have moved to Pattaya, and a few tourists that now holiday in Pattaya, rather than Phuket.

Who would ever think that a sleezy place like Pattaya would offer a better holiday product than Phuket? biggrin.png

Namkangman, not all expats that live on the west coast of the island are low quality. Some live there because that is where their businesses are. As for moving to Pattaya, no thanks, not a chance in hell. In one sentence you talk of low quality tourist and expat and then you suggest moving to Pattaya, the sleaziest, scummiest place in the entire country. Each to their own though. I know many who moved from Pattaya to Phuket and others who moved from Phuket to Pattaya, all had different reasons but all have said the same as I said before…. it's just scum and sleaze.

You have misquoted me, Phuketboy.

It was bearpolar who said "the of low quality and expat live" on the west coast.

I live in Patong, allbeit, on the fringe. I don't have a problem with Patong, or Pattaya. I now transit through Pattaya on visa runs, to catch up with friends. A couple of days is enough for me. I couldn't live in Pattaya because it's a city. With all of the construction here, Phuket may end up an island city, but until then, Patong / Phuket is fine.

Phuket lacks good Governance (military aside) lacks capital investment for infastructure, lacks law enforcement, lacks the essential service transport, and is terribly corrupt. Sure, I have just described most places in Thailand (except for transport) - it's all just worse on Phuket.

Like yourself, I know many who have moved from Phuket to Pattaya, but I have yet to meet one person who has moved from Pattaya to Phuket.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anyone normal takes anyone living in patong's opinion into any consideration when they research phuket.

Would be like taking advice about new york from someone living under a bridge or advice for a gypsie about the UK

You replied to my post, so what does that make you? biggrin.png

Unfortunately, video clips of the majority of us that are happily married and have a fantastic life in Phuket, are just not available.

"the majority of us" - interesting.

Your post made me wonder what would be the percentage of successful Farang-Thai marriages, to unsuccessful Farang-Thai marriages.

I think the "unsuccessful" marriages would outnumber the successful marriages, which would put you in a minority, wouldn't it?

Thinking of living in Phuket... watch this first...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p032t97v

This video and case is being discussed in a thread in the Thailand News Forum.

Most posters are astute enough to know it is a Thailand scenario and not just about one province.

True, however, most men on Phuket seem to meet Thai women from one particular province in Thailand, and it's not Phuket province. biggrin.png

Unfortunately, video clips of the majority of us that are happily married and have a fantastic life in Phuket, are just not available.

Your post made me wonder what would be the percentage of successful Farang-Thai marriages, to unsuccessful Farang-Thai marriages.

I think the "unsuccessful" marriages would outnumber the successful marriages, which would put you in a minority, wouldn't it?

The "majority" being those of us who have not lost houses to scheming wives, or girlfriends, whether we are still with those wives, or girlfriends, or not.

My post was in answer to the message in the video.

Then, out of that majority, there are those of us happily married with fantastic lives in Phuket. Whether they are a majority or, minority, I couldn't give a fig.

There's a least 3000 kids in phuket from farang/thai relationships that are in international school

Almost all of them with parents that have a good relationship

100 or so degenerates who married a thai degenerate and had issues is not the norm. If it is the norm in your circle, that is because you lead a degenerate lifestyle or associate with degenerates. Just like in the west where the divorce rates are high, i have no one in my circle that is divorced because the majority of people i know make inteligent decisions and also are able to work through issues using language and mature thought.

Most posters are astute enough to know it is a Thailand scenario and not just about one province.

True, however, most men on Phuket seem to meet Thai women from one particular province in Thailand, and it's not Phuket province. biggrin.png

And that province is?

I really hope you are not going to advertise your ignorance by saying Isaan.......

Edited by KarenBravo

And that province is?

I really hope you are not going to advertise your ignorance by saying Isaan.......

The thought never crossed my mind. biggrin.png

The "majority" being those of us who have not lost houses to scheming wives, or girlfriends, whether we are still with those wives, or girlfriends, or not.

Then, out of that majority, there are those of us happily married with fantastic lives in Phuket. Whether they are a majority or, minority, I couldn't give a fig.

"The "majority" being those of us who have not lost houses to scheming wives" - but, regardless, you don't truly own that house, do you?

So, ultimately, it reverts back to who?

Some people are more patient than others. biggrin.png

Duplicate post removed.

Edited by NamKangMan

There's a least 3000 kids in phuket from farang/thai relationships that are in international school

Almost all of them with parents that have a good relationship

100 or so degenerates who married a thai degenerate and had issues is not the norm. If it is the norm in your circle, that is because you lead a degenerate lifestyle or associate with degenerates. Just like in the west where the divorce rates are high, i have no one in my circle that is divorced because the majority of people i know make inteligent decisions and also are able to work through issues using language and mature thought.

So, you don't move in those "cricles" but you know "100 or so degenerates." cheesy.gif

Well yes, anyone who reads thaivisa has seen the cry baby degenerates complaining and attacking the whole country they chose to move their life to. You either see them lying in a ditch drunk out of their mind or on thai visa making sure that everyone knows that "every thai is a piece of shit out to get them".

Would be amazing to have a forum reserved for normal people who enjoy thailand and don't believe that the people are any different than anywhere else,

Well yes, anyone who reads thaivisa has seen the cry baby degenerates complaining and attacking the whole country they chose to move their life to. You either see them lying in a ditch drunk out of their mind or on thai visa making sure that everyone knows that "every thai is a piece of shit out to get them".

Would be amazing to have a forum reserved for normal people who enjoy thailand and don't believe that the people are any different than anywhere else,

"attacking the whole country they chose to move their life to" - I've moved myself here, but not my "life." BIG difference. I can remove myself from Thailand, at anytime, and by choice, and re-enter my life in the west, whenever I want.

I would never sell up, lock stock and barrel, and place all my "eggs" in Thailand, and in my opionion, neither should anyone else.

"Would be amazing to have a forum reserved for normal people" - define "normal people." Are they the people that move to a 3rd World Country, renouned for their sex trade and scams, for retirement? biggrin.png

Edited by NamKangMan

Yes, Phuket and Samui are the most expensive, as the taxi mafias are more powerful than the police, the army, the mayors and the local government. That much is obvious, by the manner in which they operate, and the way they ignore all laws, regulations, and limits imposed upon them.

okay... compare kao man gai between patong and petchaburi

Funny you say Petchaburi ... that's my wife's home area.

She tells me kao man gai in Patong 40 baht and Petchaburi 25 baht. Hardly 150 - 300 % increase.

now try to get the kao man gai in Patong for 40 baht as a foreigner

another rip off are taxis.

compare the price of a 10 minute drive in patong with a 10 minute drive in... chonburi ?

Price is spot on..., I buy kao man gai in two places on Sai nam yen few times per week and both are 40B, as I am 50 bald and fat (but still Hansum lol) it is defo the farang price...

"The "majority" being those of us who have not lost houses to scheming wives" - but, regardless, you don't truly own that house, do you?

So, ultimately, it reverts back to who?

Some people are more patient than others. biggrin.png

Ah yes, the typical, predictable and clumsy NKM tactic of "bait and switch".

The discussion was being ripped off by lady loves and now a feeble attempt to turn it to your second favourite subject, property not in your name.

We've been here before NKM. You know that I have made money on property and that I have always maintained "control" of properties That I've "bought".

If you live your life by the spirit of the law and are a bit timid in your investment strategy, then, that's fine.

For those of us who live by the letter of the law and have a bit more nous and fortitude, it's also fine.

I've danced this dance with you before NKM, I'd rather not do it again as you have two left feet.

@ KB

"The discussion was being ripped off by lady loves" - I thought the discussion was "is Phuket more expensive to other parts of Thailand?" smile.png

At least I can still afford to put shoes on my two left feet, and a shirt on my back. biggrin.png

Many have left here without a satang to their name.

Just to clarify, you maintained "control" of your "lady loves" or your "property?" biggrin.png

@ KB

"The discussion was being ripped off by lady loves" - I thought the discussion was "is Phuket more expensive to other parts of Thailand?" smile.png

At least I can still afford to put shoes on my two left feet, and a shirt on my back. biggrin.png

Just to clarify, you maintained "control" of your "lady loves" or your "property?" biggrin.png

I was commenting on the video link as you well know. Your various evasions are transparent and tiresome.

Try reading that sentence of mine again, this time a bit slower.

"I..... have..... always..... maintained..... "control"..... of..... properties.....that..... I've......bought".

If you don't know how that is done, let me suggest that you stay out of the big boy threads.

Right. Time for you to find another dance partner.

Dang, keep forgetting that these smiley things amuse you. Have a couple biggrin.png laugh.png

Edited by KarenBravo

@ KB

I was commenting on the video link as you well know. Your various evasions are transparent and tiresome.

Try reading that sentence of mine again, this time a bit slower.

"I..... have..... always..... maintained..... "control"..... of..... properties.....that..... I've......bought".

If you don't know how that is done, let me suggest that you stay out of the big boy threads.

Right. Time for you to find another dance partner.

Dang, keep forgetting that these smiley things amuse you. Have a couple biggrin.png laugh.png

The song finished a few posts ago, but you are still dancing, KB. cheesy.gif

personally i dont care if it is ( some things are) or isn't more expensive, ( some things are the same)

I have made Phuket my home since 1985,

Have built a home, raised my daughter, sold the house ( made out very well) an sent my daughter off to America but this is where i CHOOSE to live

for better or worse.

personally i dont care if it is ( some things are) or isn't more expensive, ( some things are the same)

Have built a home, raised my daughter, sold the house ( made out very well) an sent my daughter off to America but this is where i CHOOSE to live

for better or worse.

but but.. your wife conned you... taxi drivers are eh... annoying! and scammers! TOUTS! There's no public transportation! The bars close early! You hate it! Stop lying, you're not special. Everyone gets scammed and is in a money relationship with a thai!

All these degenerates can't all be lying, you have to be the one lying.

Just posting it for the degenerates, now we can keep going on without the whining

Edited by bearpolar

for better or worse.

but but.. your wife conned you... taxi drivers are eh... annoying! and scammers! TOUTS! There's no public transportation! The bars close early! You hate it! Stop lying, you're not special. Everyone gets scammed and is in a money relationship with a thai!

Just posting it for the degenerates, now we can keep going on without the whining

"Everyone gets scammed and is in a money relationship with a thai!" - I'm single, and have no business and /or property "investment" here. How does a Thai women scam me?

You are correct - there is no public transport here. :)

Edited by NamKangMan

for better or worse.

HUH; do u know me?

Land was NEVER in ex wife's name

ONLY take a taxi from Airport to home a few times/year

I use public transport about 2 x /year an than ONLY the local bus to Phuket town

I do not go to bars or drink

I have ONLY been scammed by other expats and lesson learned

BTW also do not rent jet skis, buy suits or consort with ladies of the night :-)

PS; there is public transport, just does not really go where most want to go fast enough. lol

Edited by phuketrichard