B2 visa interview for my Thai wife

Last time I did it ....a few years back....when you make the application online you also pick an appointment date at the same time. Maybe its changed now ...but believe you still have to make the appointment online....they will show a calender with times available (usually a few weeks out) ....again, that was a few years ago.

Saim Legal did all the paper work for my wife B2 visa but she is still waiting for her interview. what is the chance of her getting a B2 visa if we have house,land,two car and three kids. two thais and a baby thai and us

Saim Legal did all the paper work for my wife B2 visa but she is still waiting for her interview. what is the chance of her getting a B2 visa if we have house,land,two car and three kids. two thais and a baby thai and us

Pretty hard to predict but chances seem good....has your wife traveled extensively before ....always returning back to Thailand? Are the 3 kids also going? Assume you live in Thailand with the wife and kids?

Generally, immigration just wants to make sure that the person they are issuing the visa to will return to their home country. Showing home ownership and having children to return to, should do it.

As for waiting for the appointment ....something doesn't seem right...as usually when you file the application you get the appointment.....unless things have changed, of course. You should go to the US embassy site for Bangkok and check out the visa procedure....Not that difficult....and maybe Siam legal just has not filed your application yet even though they are telling you they have.

This is the US embassy site for visa procedures

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/thailand/591452/niv/how_to_apply_niv.pdf

My reading of the visa procedure is you file your application, pay and within two days you should be able to go online and get an appointment.

Edited by beachproperty

She never travel outside of Thailand, My wife and baby son and I will be going to the US foe 7 days. yes I live in Thailand. What about if we have a litter store also in my village? not to much income but it is ok. I hope that all we have will be enough for her to get the B2 visa.

She never travel outside of Thailand, My wife and baby son and I will be going to the US foe 7 days. yes I live in Thailand. What about if we have a litter store also in my village? not to much income but it is ok. I hope that all we have will be enough for her to get the B2 visa.

How long have you been married? Being married to a US citizen should make it a "cake walk"...but you never know.

Again, immigration just wants to make sure she will return. Showing she owns property, has two other children to return to (are they in school? ages?), and has a job to return to (running a little store is OK .....just difficult to prove as she is not actually employed....she is self employed).

What is the purpose of you visit to the US? for your family back home to meet your wife and baby? (which is a really good reason for a visit!)

wish you luck....you should have no problems

I agree with Beach, there's a glitch somewhere with Siam Legal re the Visa Interview time and date. You should get back to them and ask directly:

-- Have they submitted your wife's visa application already?

-- If not, are you expected to submit it online? I assume Siam Legal has already sent it to you for review, hopefully.

-- Is Siam Legal going to make the visa interview appointment for you?

As far as the interview goes with the U.S. Consular officer (not "immigration"), it's very important to show YOUR status here in Thailand:

-- Do you work here? If so, your wife should take along your Work Permit.

-- Are you here on a visa extension for "marriage" or "retirement"? Long time? Several extensions?

-- Your wife should take your passport with her to the interview and hand it over to the interviewing officer at the beginning. You should flag the visa extensions so they're obvious to the officer.

Reason for showing your passport with extensions, and work permit if applicable, is to show that YOU are established in Thailand, the assumption being, then, that you will most likely return after the U.S. visit, and that your wife will most likely return with you.

Mac

• Like 1

-- Siam legal said that they submitted my wife's visa application already and that they are waiting for the appointment for the interview from the us embassy.

-- Siam Legal did not sent the application for me to review.

-- Yes Siam Legal is making the visa interview appointment for my wife.

-- I have a retirement visa for Thailand

-- I don't work in Thailand, I work for the us government in Afghanistan

-- I send copies of my passport pages to Siam legal because they ask for it.

-- I got married to wife in May of 2011

Carlos

You need to contact Siam Legal. They, and you, "don't wait" for an appointment, they, or you, make the appointment online.

Note: http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/niv_howtoapply.html

"Once the fee has been paid, you will receive an email from the system after 12:00 of the following business day (if paid by cash) or in 2 business days (if paid via online banking) notifying you that the system is ready to schedule your appointment. You should log back in to your profile and schedule an interview at any available time."

[FYI, there's more info at the url]

If Siam Legal has done this, they certainly need to inform you of the time and date for the interview.

Mac