Storms and flooding hits Pattaya

webfact

Not to worry as the new/larger drain pipes, to replace the new/larger drain pipes installed just LAST YEAR will be installed Dec. 2015 or April 2016 andwill solve this problwm. Th engineering was done by the graduates of the

Thai college listed 367 in world rankings ! Hmn ? Same words 2013, 2014,

early 2015 ?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All and above, I'm just amazed we have no power outage here in Pattaya. City Centre must have done something right ? I wonder what the underground tunnel their digging on Sukimvut looks like inside...

I wonder where they are pumping the collected tunnel water to? Into the city's drains? If so, no wonder 3 hours of rain caused this much flooding.

Edited by thaimat

Taken in Soi Bukaow from a high bar stool in a flooded bar. :-)

Great pictures, are you toasting the occasion with your Guiness?

Good to see you taking it all in your stride,,, dont ever change fella..

Sort of. But I stay very close and I'm here for the Guinness. Witherspoons stays open under all conditions as the bar stools just about keep your feet dry until you have to use the loo. Also the beer store is upstairs. Guinness was perfect as usual. :-)

Well there's more rain coming apparently so might be worth getting them waders on for loo trips,, or if they are waist high waders perhaps no trip is needed,, ha ha ha..

Have not had a pint go Guiness in years, will have to make the effort one day. Enjoy fella,,,

Not to worry as the new/larger drain pipes, to replace the new/larger drain pipes installed just LAST YEAR will be installed Dec. 2015 or April 2016 andwill solve this problwm. Th engineering was done by the graduates of the

Thai college listed 367 in world rankings ! Hmn ? Same words 2013, 2014,

early 2015 ?

To quote that public hero Kenny after someone blocked a portable toilet after doing a number 2,,

"the problem here is someone fitted a 2" pipe to deal with a 3" <deleted>"

http://www.timeout.com/accra/film/kenny

All and above, I'm just amazed we have no power outage here in Pattaya. City Centre must have done something right ? I wonder what the underground tunnel their digging on Sukimvut looks like inside...

I wonder where they are pumping the collected tunnel water to? Into the city's drains? If so, no wonder 3 hours of rain caused this much flooding.

These fools has been failing year another year just to keep Sukimvut from flooding after minor raining, so taking their engineering abilities and stupidity into account I really doubt they do have a system in place which can cope with with keeping the tunnel dry specially in a situation we're experiencing in Pattaya and Jomtien right now.

These fools has been failing year another year just to keep Sukimvut from flooding after minor raining, so taking their engineering abilities and stupidity into account I really doubt they do have a system in place which can cope with with keeping the tunnel dry specially in a situation we're experiencing in Pattaya and Jomtien right now.

Hope you're wrong or it will be a death trap,,

Maybe they have life jackets mounted to the sides of the tunnel wall,,, that would be reassuring,, ha ha

Maybe they have life jackets mounted to the sides of the tunnel wall,,, that would be reassuring,, ha ha

If so, new business opportunities for the jet ski gang- rescuing motorists trapped in the tunnel.

I doubt they have a idea what a life jacket is..... Their country, their way of doing things because Farang not understand

OMG what about Soi 6? are there any survivors?

I've heard from a couple of friends on Soi 6. No worries... The 8 inch stiletto heels helped keep the girl's heads above water. cheesy.gif

I just sold a stack of these! rolleyes.gif

The new haute de rigueur for bar girls in pattaya!

If you really were experienced SEAsian residents, tourist, illegals, you must realise that these tropical cyclones create havoc. This one is a minor issue, the Philippines gets on average 20 major typhoon hits a year, South China, and Vietnam also get hammered. It's a way of life for these people.

Remember what you are experiencing right now should be expected , if you understand where you live. But I will concede its unusual, but that doesn't alter the fact that people should be more educated to this part of the world and be prepared.. This is not ?Brighton or New York .

And as such you would think that the govt would have built ample run off for this type of weather, still i expect all the drains were blocked full of other crap everyone dumps down them. most likely sloping the wrong way as well

Round by me maintenance is almost non existant

I'm in Central Festival now and its not so bad here really. Still raining outside but haven't seen any flooding yet,I was driving from Jomtien via Sukhumvit. But people must have been scared reading the news, the mall is almost empty.

Edited by balo

You would think being so close to the sea they would fix the drains to be more efficient, its hardly a big job to shift water a couple hundred meters towards the ocean. Having said that i bet the drains have more used condoms than rats.

Having read that I pray that the used condoms will not be drained into the ocean and end up on the beach after the next flood.

Pattaya partially submerged from heavy rains

9-16-2015-10-37-51-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A large part of Pattaya went under water and traffic was brought to almost standstill after the city was lashed by heavy rains for about three hours as a result of depression Vamco which was sweeping across the eastern region and the central plains.

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2015-09-17

poor numbnuts . . .why park the cars with the engine deeper and nearer to the expected waterline ? The pickup is the only car parked in the correct way. Only happens in Thailand where the water can flow uphill

You would think being so close to the sea they would fix the drains to be more efficient, its hardly a big job to shift water a couple hundred meters towards the ocean. Having said that i bet the drains have more used condoms than rats.

Having read that I pray that the used condoms will not be drained into the ocean and end up on the beach after the next flood.

I'm taking any bets they will !!

Just imagine what has washed out of the severs into that water standing on the roads... Not a good idea to be out wading around in it...

Just wait until the wildlife comes out to play, flushed from their homes.

Snakes, rats, alligators.....................wink.png

Should make for an interesting walk home in the wee hours.

Notice how all this started after two Brits had a pee on Beach Road by Soi 12?

Amazing.

tongue.png

must have been catching because we saw 7 thai men pissing on the side of the 36 in the 2 hours it took us to get to hardware house and back. all the bridges had washed out on the cut throughs to ban chang and the 332

did they kick these beach road after thoughts on?

or did they go underwater too? smile.png

amazing how they can engineer the whole system and then at just a few meters above sea level

they have to pump the water up and over the sidewalk to the beach!

post-156481-0-21112500-1442508706_thumb.

post-156481-0-36810700-1442508836_thumb.

Edited by NCC1701A

amazing how they can engineer the whole system and then at just a few meters above sea level

Pretty sure they are trying to rectify this at soi 6/1

Trouble is this flooding has washed away half the work and they need to do it over. It's a work in progress, let's see how it turns out.

did they kick these beach road after thoughts on?

or did they go underwater too? smile.png

Its just retards in city hall.

Amazing pattaya.