90 Day Report on Day 90 at Airport Immigration

I am here on an annual extension to a retirement visa. My last 90 day reporting date was “reset” when I left the country and flew back in on 5th August. My passport was stamped then as “admitted until” the 23rd December (being the end date of the retirement visa annual extension)

My understanding is that my next 90 day reporting date is 90 days from the 5th August (as opposed to what the original white piece of paper stapled to my passport says), with the 90 day clock starting on that day. By my calculation the new reporting deadline would be Monday 2nd November.

As things stand just now, it looks as if I will be on a plane out of the country again on that very date. Can I assume that I do not need to do a 90 day report at the local (Promenada, Chiang Mai) Immigration Office before that flight, and that I would effectively be making my 90 day report by going through Immigration at the airport? (As always, I don’t want to fall foul of the system and jeopardise my visa status.)

Many thanks in advance.

I make the 5th August plus 90 days to be the 3rd November. As long as you exit on or before the 90th day you don't need to report so flying out on the 2nd should be fine. If you're concerned you can report up to 15 days before the report is due. Do can it online or send it by post.

Edited by elviajero
  • Like 1

90 day reports cannot be made by leaving the country.!

A 90 day report is required if 90 days are spent in the Kingdom and can be made on line, in person or by mail.

The OP will be leaving on the 90th day of his entry so a report will not be due. If he left on the 91st day he would need to do a report before leaving.

I make the 5th August plus 90 days to be the 3rd November. As long as you exit on or before the 90th day you don't need to report so flying out on the 2nd should be fine. If you're concerned you can report up to 15 days before the report is due. Do can it online or send it by post.

If he was in Thailand on the 5th August, that would be day one. It would be August 5th plus 89 more days = 90 days in total.

The window is 15 days before and seven days after the due date, so this is not a problem for the OP.

That is the allowable time when you can make the report. It has nothing to do with the need to make a report, which is required if you are in the country for 90 days.

Edited by Suradit69

Do you have a multiple entry visa or single entry visa?

He does not have any visa. He has a one year extension of stay based upon retirement.

I have the same extansion of stay for years but my original visa was single entry.Every time I leave the country I must get a reentry stamp. I was just wondering if he was the same. If single entry immigration could answer his question when applying for reentry stamp

Edited by lovelomsak

Do you have a multiple entry visa or single entry visa?

He does not have any visa. He has a one year extension of stay based upon retirement.

I have the same extansion of stay for years but my original visa was single entry.Every time I leave the country I must get a reentry stamp. I was just wondering if he was the same. If single entry immigration could answer his question when applying for reentry stamp

This has nothing to do with the original visa which was used to obtain an extension of stay.

You can obtain a single or multiple entry re-entry permit. Single 1000 Bht.................Multiple 3800 Bht

The multiple becomes cost effective if four or more journeys outside the country are made.

If you have an extension it doesn't matter if you started with a single or multiple entry visa. The rules are the same for either one.

Yes you are right I forgot about buying the permits as either single or multi thank you for correcting me on that.

So I will rephrase my original question after this assistance. Is the OP on a single entry permit or a multi entry permit.

Getting old an been here to long forget things sorry.

Edited by lovelomsak
  • Like 1

If you have an extension it doesn't matter if you started with a single or multiple entry visa. The rules are the same for either one.

Yes you are right I forgot about buying the permits as either single or multi thank you for correcting me on that.

So I will rephrase my original question after this assistance. Is the OP on a single entry permit or a multi entry permit.

Does it matter?

The OP will have a permit which suits his perceived need.

Does it matter?

If he is on single entry he will need to buy another entry permit before leaving. To do this he must go to immigration. then well in immigration ask them. If on multi then willnot go to immigration and willnot ask. He didnot answer anyway so does it matter?

If he does have a problem at immigration when departing for any reason he cannot report there as far as I know he must report at the one he always does his reporting.Why take the chance . Report early and go through without a worry.

Edited by lovelomsak

Does it matter?

If he is on single entry he will need to buy another entry permit before leaving. To do this he must go to immigration. then well in immigration ask them. If on multi then willnot go to immigration and willnot ask. He didnot answer anyway so does it matter?

If he does have a problem at immigration when departing for any reason he cannot report there as far as I know he must report at the one he always does his reporting.Why take the chance . Report early and go through without a worry.

I am sure you understand that post !

The window is 15 days before and seven days after the due date, so this is not a problem for the OP.

This raises a couple of interesting questions in my mind.

If you leave the country within 7 days of the due date, is a report still necessary? Assuming it is, say you make a short trip out, leaving on day 91 and returning on day 96, can you still male the 90 day report for your previous entry on your return? Will the answer to these questions depend on the IO?

This raises a couple of interesting questions in my mind.

If you leave the country within 7 days of the due date, is a report still necessary? Assuming it is, say you make a short trip out, leaving on day 91 and returning on day 96, can you still male the 90 day report for your previous entry on your return? Will the answer to these questions depend on the IO?

As soon as 90 days is reached a report is due and remains due forever until made or unless it gets cleared by an IO. If you left the country and returned within the 7 day window you could still make that report without penalty. If you reported after 7 days a penalty could be applied. The day you re-enter the clock starts again on a new 90 day report which has no connection to the outstanding one. It's possible when reporting in the future that if an IO sees a past report was missed that they could fine you.

Edited by elviajero

I am due to fly in from the UK on a multi visa. Three 60 day periods. My question is do I have to have a return ticket?

No but you do not have a "multi visa" You have a three entry Tourist visa.

Do you know how to get best value from the visa before its expiry date ?