Aspirin 81mg.

Jimmpy

Not sure where your at but here in Chiang Mai at the Pharma Choice Pharmacy on Suthep Rd they sell a little 100 pill jar for 40 baht...

Go to a bigger Pharmacy (Not Watson or Boots) and have the word Asprin 81mg written down to show them...

I have all my meds on my phone written down and photos of them too to show the clerk/pharmacist.

Believe all drug stores now have - but do not make the mistake of asking for "baby" aspirin (as they used to be called) or you will likely be looked at as a potential murder and get a 'no have' reply. It was taken off the market for a period when the link to Reye's syndrome was news - and believe the Aspent factory went off-line for an extended period after the flooding causing another shortage - but should be easily available now.

Yes after the big Bangkok flood it was hard to find. But again not all places even now have Aspent. Most ... sure.

Also beware some places only carry a much higher priced brand.

The good news for the OP is that this med should be easy to locate.

Edited by Jingthing

You really do want enteric coating for daily aspirin.

Why? I ate for a longer while 500mg every day in the morning and never a problem.

I have taken 81mg aspirin etc for twenty years ... now I have to take a PPI as I developed ulcers ... get the coated ones.

You really do want enteric coating for daily aspirin.

Why? I ate for a longer while 500mg every day in the morning and never a problem.

I have taken 81mg aspirin etc for twenty years ... now I have to take a PPI as I developed ulcers ... get the coated ones.

Thanks, my sister is a nurse and warned me about that so, do that the coated ones.

I used to take the 81 aspent here till my pharmacy ran out one time. I bought the big ones and cut them with my knife (I have a sharp knife) . I don't remember exactly but they worked out lo like one week for a nickle (5 cents). Then I stopped taking them in my search for solid stools and I watch my blood pressure daily. I'm also on a couple of other high blood pressure meds.

I've found a Thai product called "Aspent-M" in local Thai drugstores. It's aspirin 81 mg. It comes in a bottle of 60 tablets.

Here's an online link.

http://drugstorebangkok.com/?product=aspent-m-81-mg-60-tablets

Correct ... I purchase the same product > Aspent-M < which is aspirin 81 mg and is available in Thai Pharmacies

+1 Available in most pharmacies but ignore Boots and Watsons.

Staff will not sell to you if the Pharmacist is not on site(lunch/toilet break ). I pay 35 baht for a bottle of 60 tabs, Aspent 81 mg.

This is commonly known as low dose aspirin and most doctors in the US recommend it to prevent heart attacks in older patients. It is not designed to reduce pain, inflammation, or fever

I used to take the 81 aspent here till my pharmacy ran out one time. I bought the big ones and cut them with my knife (I have a sharp knife) . I don't remember exactly but they worked out lo like one week for a nickle (5 cents). Then I stopped taking them in my search for solid stools and I watch my blood pressure daily. I'm also on a couple of other high blood pressure meds.

I would be interested in what dosage you were able to find that were divisible by 81mg. If you are on high blood pressure meds then you should be taking exactly 81mg per day and if your doctor is not telling you to do that, then get a new doctor post haste

There is new research all the time so take this with a grain of salt but just yesterday on t.v. there was an announcement of some new research suggesting that yes the low dose aspirin likely does reduce risk of heart attack, somewhat more surprisingly, colon cancer. But here is the rub. The positive results basically showed up in the age 50 to 59 group. Older than that, the results were not suggestive of doing this therapy. Just saying. Who really knows what the next study will say.