• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 week in monkey house 1 week in idc,

I bet that was nice... ! :o

what was stamped in your passport ?

totster :D

Don't know its in thai script and takes up 1 page of me passport trying to get a return flight now.The food not good in monkey house but ok in idc well at least you can eat the food in idc.

I have just overstayed 10 months 1 week in monkey house 1 week in idc,back in england now want to return to bangkok next week.Hope i get back?

Well, if for some perverse reason they do not let you back in, it would be a travesty of justice! :D

Surely you are a prime example of the cream of the farang crop that Thailand is striving to attract... :o

what was stamped in your passport ?

totster :o

Don't know its in thai script and takes up 1 page of me passport trying to get a return flight now.The food not good in monkey house but ok in idc well at least you can eat the food in idc.

Scan it and paste it here...we can all have a laugh.

oops sorry ..i mean translate it 4 u :D

I bet that was nice... ! :D

Sounds like a new idea for a package holiday :D Might even catch on.... :o

I have been living in Thailand for the last 15 months my girlfriend and i have land and a home in thailand in the last 7 years i have visited thailand many times and never overstayed just got bored with the visa run.

Ok..

IMHO laughing at someones elses misfortune, even though it's their own doing, isn't quite right. lets try and bear this in mind from now on.

hayashi - I think that before you buy a flight you need to confirm what is stamped in your passport. If you do not want to post it out in public view then PM me with an attachment and I will see what I can do about getting it translated.

totster :o

I bet that was nice... ! :D

Sounds like a new idea for a package holiday :D Might even catch on.... :o

And you don't even have to worry about a visa... :D

and FREE FOOD....where do I sign up? :D

Totster,

are you sure there is an option to post atatchments in PM's ??

:o

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...st&p=848944

totster :D

I have scanned it but the upload has failed guess i will have to take my chances at the airport i could ask my girlfriend to translate but if you know thai girls the always give you the wrong information.She has been my girlfriend for 5 years now and sometimes she still translates things wrong,i will try to find a way to upload the page in my passport asap.

I have scanned it but the upload has failed guess i will have to take my chances at the airport

Why don’t you get a tourist visa this time from a Thai consulate?

---------------

Maestro

:o Well, indeed...at least the OP will know what's on the page which he is unable to read... :D

LaoPo

Take your passport to the Thai Embassy and tell them you want to apply for a visa and show them the stamp.

They will soon let you know.

Getting a new passport will not help.

I believe they also check name and DOB. :D

You could change your name.................... :o:D

Take your passport to the Thai Embassy and tell them you want to apply for a visa and show them the stamp.

They will soon let you know.

Getting a new passport will not help.

I believe they also check name and DOB. :D

You could change your name.................... :o:D

While accepting member privacy, it would be good to hear if this guy has been banned for his overstay on the basis that this information would be useful/a cation to others.

I handed myself in to Idc after seeking advice from the British Embassy i overstayed my visa 10 months and that is my only crime.You can always contact the british embassy if you want i have the british pro consul e-mail address he will prove to you that i speak the truth.

Sorry Hayashi, that's not what I was getting at.

What I think would be interesting for other members would be to know if you were black listed, if the stamp is infact a black list stamp.

I respect your privacy in all matters of course, but I think that information, once confirmed would be interesting and perhaps usefull to know.

While not impossible to get banned from Thailand - I have never heard of it happening for an over stay - and it is a judicial (or semi-judicial process) i.e. you can't just be banned at the whim of the Immigration officer stamping you out. He does not have that authority.

What will happen - take the following as an example: I know a guy who recently departed from Thailand after overstaying 9 years 4 months 23 days. What happened at the airport? He paid the max fine of Baht 20K or 25K, that was stamped into his passport, he was given a receipt, he was "encouraged" to contribute a little to the Clearance Officers "personal kitty" (so he "donated" 5K), was stamped out and that was the end of the matter.

That was within the last few weeks - he is now back, coming back through the same airport he left through, on the same passport - and he didn't even get so much as a second look from the Clearance Officer who processed him - just got his 30 days.

Will he do it again? Probebrbly - his logic been that he actually saved a ton of money as all the visa runs or "30 day runs" he would otherwise have had to do would have added up to over a Baht200K over 9 years.

Nope - if you over stay, so long as you have the money to pay the fine when you leave - you pay and you go. End of subject.

As to weather or no that will continue to be the case, especially as the authorities have now introduced the 30 day x 3 max limit to specifically get this problem under control, is something all wil have to wait and see.

But the Thai authoroities know that a lot of people deliberately over stay. The most guilty been the North and West Africans, but so do a fair amount of Europeans - and they have alllearn't that all they have to do is avoid getting picked up in the street - in which case maters are somewhat different.

Tim

9. Foreigners who fall into any of the following categories are prohibited to enter the Kingdom:
11) Being deported by either the Government of Thailand or other foreign countries; or the right of stay in the Kingdom or in foreign countries having been revoked; or having been sent out of the Kingdom by competent officials at the expense of the Government of Thailand unless the Minister considers exemption on an individual special case basis.

The examination and diagnosis of disease of a physical or mental nature, including protective operations as against disease, shall be conducted by the Immigration Doctor.

Hopfully you were not officially deported and used your own funds for travel.

9. Foreigners who fall into any of the following categories are prohibited to enter the Kingdom:
11) Being deported by either the Government of Thailand or other foreign countries; or the right of stay in the Kingdom or in foreign countries having been revoked; or having been sent out of the Kingdom by competent officials at the expense of the Government of Thailand unless the Minister considers exemption on an individual special case basis.

The examination and diagnosis of disease of a physical or mental nature, including protective operations as against disease, shall be conducted by the Immigration Doctor.

I did use my own funds to return to the uk thats why i only stayed in Idc 10 days if you do not pay the british goverment will not pay your fare untill at least 5 months has passed there are still some brits an 1 american in Idc at this moment.

I did use my own funds to return to the uk thats why i only stayed in Idc 10 days if you do not pay the british goverment will not pay your fare untill at least 5 months has passed there are still some brits an 1 american in Idc at this moment.

Seems simple ---go to Hull and ask for a non-imm-o based upon your marraige. <though you would be smart to put your stamp up on the thread so you can get past the speculation of what it says>