Bangkok blasts: Police drop plan to send a team to Malaysia as it may be pointless

webfact

Police drop plan to send a team to Malaysia as it may be pointless

136-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The National Police Office has dropped its plan to send a police team to Malaysia to find out more about three suspects held by the Malaysian police regarding the bombing incidents in Bangkok.

The national police chief Pol Gen Somyot Poompunmung told a press conference on Friday that he was informed by Pol Gen Chaktip Chaichinda, the deputy national police chief in charge of overseeing the bombing case, the plan was off because it might be pointless as the main suspect, the yellow-shirted bomber, was believed to have slipped out of Malaysia already.

Pol Gen Somyot admitted that, so far, it was still unclear whether the three suspects – two Malaysians and one Pakistani – had any linkages to the bombing suspects in Thailand and, hence, it was doubtful what would have gained if a police team had been dispatched to Malaysia.

Earlier on Thursday, Pol Gen Chaktip blamed the extensive reportage of the bombing case by the media for having alerted the bombing suspects of the police movements and prompted their exit out of the country.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/police-drop-plan-to-send-a-team-to-malaysia-as-it-may-be-pointless

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-09-18

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Somyot says two Bangkok bombers may have left Malaysia
The Nation

BANGKOK; -- Police Commissioner General Pol Gen Somyot Pumpanmuang said two suspected bombers who have fled to Malaysia might have left the country.

Somyot said the bombers in yellow shirt and blue shirt might have left Malaysia after the Thai media had reported that they had travelled to Malaysia.

Somyot said Deputy Police Commissioner General Jaktip Chaijinda had cancelled his plan to send a team of police officers to Malaysia to coordinate with Malaysian police on questioning three suspects arrested in the neighbouring country.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Somyot-says-two-Bangkok-bombers-may-have-left-Mala-30269077.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-09-18

"Pol Gen Chaktip blamed the extensive reportage of the bombing case by the media for having alerted the bombing suspects of the police movements and prompted their exit out of the country."

As if the Thai police didn't habitually tip off their targets themselves by wagging their tongues in the media on a daily basis.

As if we didn't already know Thai always pass the blame and will not take responsibility.

As if the media don't report and speculate all over the world.

You can close your eyes but the ship's still sinking.

Best buy some Chinese lifeboats.

Yes it's pointless if you can't speak english.

Today police stopped me for a bombcheck. I only spoke english to them and then he let me pass, without any check. clap2.gifwai.gif

i drove into mbk today ,they guy who was supposed to check the boot for bombs opened it 2 inches and closed it again and let us go 0.5 seconds later

the boot was completely loaded with plastic bags which could have contained bombs or body parts for all he knew .......

this kind of security is worse than none at all ...........because it gives the illusion of safety when actually ,there is none

maybe its because im white and dress decently but does he think every bomber will look like the typical osama bin ladin ?

Maybe there just figure out that the Malaysian police are as corrupt & useless as them

At least the Malaysian police can keep the airport clean and tidy, nobody will harass you there. Also the streets in Kuala lumpur look much better then BKK.

I 've driven to Malakka by car and back and their roads are much more organised/safe. They speak english and nobody tried to cheat/scam us.

Singapore is another level but Malaysia comes close to it.

I don't know if their police speaks english, didn't try it out.

Maybe there just figure out that the Malaysian police are as corrupt & useless as them

At least the Malaysian police can keep the airport clean and tidy, nobody will harass you there. Also the streets in Kuala lumpur look much better then BKK.

I 've driven to Malakka by car and back and their roads are much more organised/safe. They speak english and nobody tried to cheat/scam us.

It's not the police job to keep the airport clean & tidy......& I bet that you are not a Malaysian too, right?saai.gif

Pointless , Possibly the best way to describe it.coffee1.gif

the key word was "maybe" pointless. So they squander an opportunity so as to save a few baht and a few days. You would think they would be looking at every possible lead. Finding the bombers will become like finding the MH370, the longer this goes on. Give another few months and the whole case will sink into oblivion with a mai pen rai. I don't think people smuggling can happen without the helps of Thais too....so they can breath easy now.

Pointless ?

It sums up almost everything the BIB are involved in, except the money making aspect of course.

the entire rtp force is pointless,the army is pretty pointless too with its 5000+ generals

nearly more highly ranked men than troops ,i honestly wonder how they would handle a war

if it ever happened ...........:D

"...because it might be pointless as the main suspect, the yellow-shirted bomber, was believed to have slipped out of Malaysia already..."

Well, you are never going to know unless you go and try...how pathetic. The operative word here is "might be", not "would be" or "is". In something of this magnitude you don't just give up with a "might be pointless" attitude. Then again all you have to do is look at who is involved.

Almost in every country this fool of police chief would have been removed due to the lack in their investigation.

I thought from the beginning that those main suspect bomber left over the the South to Malaysia and we all know the that at night the unofficial borders are not manned by anyone as the army goes back in the barracks at 7pm, immigration just have two to three staffs at the official border crossings.

./. but as the PM said already the police currently do not need any reforms.

They seem to have taken the best of being a former British colony and improved on it. Yes, corruption is present in most of the countries I've visited and work in. Malaysians, from my limited experience in larger towns are light years ahead in regards of English proficiency and working with foreign entities.

They must have become aware of just how hard Malaysia ( and the rest of the world) are laughing at them.

And so do the mastermind of the bombers, who are more than overjoyed, having exposed such security holes in the land of smiles. The terror networks around the world have taken notes about it and stay ready to attack Thailand in the future...