Thailand Coup Leaders: Sexy Dancers Forbidden Near Tanks

george

Well maybe.But don't forget the bar girls in Soi Cowboy would not be considered attractive or sexy by the average Thai male.

Too short, too dark, too Isaan, too poorly educated, too bad mannered and ill spoken, too obviously prostitutes.Get the picture?

Are these two quotes the most naive and ridiculous of the week ? :D You'll be saying that Thaksin is a nice man and badly misunderstood next !

Does anybody have any worse quotes than this ? Answers on a postcard to First time in Thailand Box No.......

All those Thai girls in Soi Cowboy have Thai boyfriends or didn't you know that Mr Naivety?

It is quite dark in those bars and perhaps you did not see them too well through the bottom of your 20th beer glass ? :D

Perhaps you should look for girls in Disneyland, the ones with the MinnieMouse ears? :D

:D younghusband = :o

Well I see what you're getting at and after I paid you a compliment for a neat riposte too.Yes you're right most Soi Cowboy girls do have Thai boyfriends/mangda relationships.It doesn't alter the fact that for most Thai men these girls seem very unattractive.

On the Mr Naivety front don't make the mistake that a newbie on this forum is a newbie in Thailand.I suspect you are in lurve with a Cowboy girl: nothing wrong with that but the harsh reality is that for most Thai guys they appear to be what they actually are,down market hookers.

I can't believe we haven't had any further photos posted??? You guys are slacking... :o

So, anyhoo...

this is what the hulabaloo was all about:

capt1.jpg

capt2.jpg

capt4.jpg

capt5.jpg

capt9.jpg

capt6.jpg

A group of Thai girls dance to entertain the soldiers occupying the area around parliament in Bangkok, Thailand.

AP

and also...

capt7.jpg

A soldier gives a group of Thai girls some water after they danced to entertain the soldiers occupying the area around parliament in Bangkok, Thailand. The tanks and soldiers who led Thailand's military coup have become a tourist attraction with hundreds of people arriving daily to pose for pictures with them, and vendors selling toys and drinks in a carnival-like atmosphere.

AP

SANOOK...

but now... all of the above is gone....

and has been replaced by:

dance.jpg

Thai dancers in traditional dress perform a traditional dance in front of tanks at the Royal Plaza in Bangkok.

AP

But you know what?

Whether modern or traditional, Thai women dancing are a beholding sight..... :D

Sanook all around...

but....

the best photo of all captures the humor of living in this wonderful Nation:

ra1341770417.jpg

Actors promoting a Japanese children's show due to appear in Thailand next week are taken away in a police pick-up truck :D after posing in front of a tank in Bangkok. Thailand's military rulers, installed in a coup last week, have banned dancers or actors using tanks as a backdrop. The actors were later released without charge.

REUTERS

:D

I love Thailand.... It's the greatest... :D

Edited by sriracha john

Well, what can one say.... :o

This is simply why I just love Thailand and Thai people!!!

In my own country (in europe), there are lots of thais, and I know a lot there. There is nothing like having a party or fiesta with Thai's, even if they live outside Thailand. They are simply the best!

What would the world be without Thais's...?

Edited by Ga-gai