Certificate of Residence

I would like to get one of Certificate of Residence from Chaengwattana Immigration Office in order to buy Motorbike. I wonder if they still issue for foreigners.

Some people said it may take longer to get it (about 3 weeks).

I have one year ED visa and used to report 90 days.

Normally, what docs should i bring with to apply for it and how much does it cost?

Thankscoffee1.gif

Edited by ssids

Yes still issued

Certificate of residency form can't remember number but there's a link on forum in pinned area.

Passport and copies of main page, tm6, and relevant visa page.

Lease of your place of residence if you rent plus copy of owners ID and house book (both signed as true).

If it's in wifes/GF NAME a copies of her ID and house book as well as the above.

Passport photos (if your just getting one certificate two photos but I would take a few more just in case)

Cost depends some charge some I belive don't mine were 200Bht each.

Took 30 mins to get mine 3 car/bike/bank.

Yes still issued

Certificate of residency form can't remember number but there's a link on forum in pinned area.

Lease of your place of residence if you rent plus copy of owners ID and house book (both signed as true).

If it's in wifes/GF NAME a copies of her ID and house book as well as the above.

Passport photos (if your just getting one certificate two photos but I would take a few more just in case)

Thanks bro for your details.

But why they require us to have the copy of the owner ID and House Registration?

The form you need to fill out is called the "Application Form for Residence Certificate in Thailand"

It can be found here http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php?page=download (Note: it is the 4th form from the bottom)

This is the form used by Bangkok Division 1 ( Chaeng Wattana Immigration Office)

I didn't give have to give them photos, but I also paid 200 baht. You will need the application form, a copy of main page of passport, last entry stamp, visa or extension of stay page, last arrival card and 90 day report. They said it would take up to three weeks to arrive but I remember I got it in eleven days. They will want the 90 day report because they will not issue the Residence Certificate to anyone that has not done a 90 day report in their Division 1 office. I did also take some paid utility bills showing my name and address and also my rental contract but I was not asked for them.

Edited by BobTH

No idea mate just what I took as told by them must say however they did pass me back owners Id and house book copy but did look. Seen on here somewhere that documentation may differ from office to office. Me being on the cautious side now if I have to go near immigration I take copies of everything with me and then produce only what they want to see LOL

The form you need to fill out is called the "Application Form for Residence Certificate in Thailand"

It can be found here http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php?page=download (Note: it is the 4th form from the bottom)

This is the form used by Bangkok Division 1 ( Chaeng Wattana Immigration Office)

I didn't give have to give them photos, but I also paid 200 baht. You will need the application form, a copy of main page of passport, last entry stamp, visa or extension of stay page, last arrival card and 90 day report. They said it would take up to three weeks to arrive but I remember I got it in eleven days. They will want the 90 day report because they will not issue the Residence Certificate to anyone that has not done a 90 day report in their Division 1 office. I did also take some paid utility bills showing my name and address and also my rental contract but I was not asked for them.

Did they ask you to have owner ID card and House registration?

I have never gotten any utility bills because Internet, TV, or anything has to be paid with room fee.

I have report 90 days once.

Did mine on a 60 day tourist visa could be why I had to have owners stuff maybe and mine was a completely different form as well so yes it seems all different good luck

Yes, because maybe you have never reported 90 to them, and they have no idea where you are living

I wish they will not ask for owner ID card or House Registration book, becuase they will give me this to have a copy. I donnot know why, even if i tried to tell the truth.

Edited by ssids

Did mine on a 60 day tourist visa could be why I had to have owners stuff maybe and mine was a completely different form as well so yes it seems all different good luck

When did you get one at Chaeng Wattana in Bangkok.

As far as I know they do not do them unless you are doing 90 day reporting to them.

When did you get one at Chaeng Wattana in Bangkok.

As far as I know they do not do them unless you are doing 90 day reporting to them.

I have reported once, last 2 months.

Maybe i am ok to apply for this.

I have never gotten any utility bills because Internet, TV, or anything has to be paid with room fee.

No,everything they asked me for is stated in my 1st reply to your question. I took bills and my rental contract but was not asked for it at the Division 1 office at Chaeng Wattana Immigration. The last Certificate of Residence that I receive from there was in June of this year. Perhaps if you get a receipt from your room fee with your name of it, take that. If not I would think it would be a good idea to ask the person you rent from to write a short statement saying you live there, just in case they ask for something. I would think it would be better to have something than having to make another trip there later because you didn't. You never know, better safe than sorry.

Edited by BobTH

Yes still issued

I notice on the application form it lists reasons for getting a certificate of residence as getting a drivers license or buying/selling a vehicle (a person checks the appropriate block) like shown in below link to the application.

http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/download/res_cert.doc

You said you got one to open a bank account also. Is there another certificate of residence form that list lists a reason for getting a residence certificate such as Open a Bank Account? Or maybe a person just writes in a reason such as need to open a bank account? Thanks.

No,everything they asked me for is stated in my 1st reply to your question. I took bills and my rental contract but was not asked for it at the Division 1 office at Chaeng Wattana Immigration. The last Certificate of Residence that I receive from there was in June of this year. Perhaps if you get a receipt from your room fee with your name of it, take that. If not I would think it would be a good idea to ask the person you rent from to write a short statement saying you live there, just in case they ask for something. I would think it would be better to have something than having to make another trip there later because you didn't. You never know, better safe than sorry.

I have rental contract with me. Yes i will bring it to apply for certificate of residence.

So maybe they prefer our 90 days report receipt, to rental contract.

Edited by ssids

Yes still issued

I notice on the application form it lists reasons for getting a certificate of residence as getting a drivers license or buying/selling a vehicle (a person checks the appropriate block) like shown in below link to the application.

http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/download/res_cert.doc

You said you got one to open a bank account also. Is there another certificate of residence form that list lists a reason for getting a residence certificate such as Open a Bank Account? Or maybe a person just writes in a reason such as need to open a bank account? Thanks.

Pib, he mentioned in another reply after the one you copied that he used a different form. If you notice in the Immigration Document Library there are a few documents with very similar names, it is kind of confusing actually. The one I posted the link to is off of the Division 1 website.

You should not have a problem getting one but be prepared for a 3 week wait until you get it by EMS.

No need to copy ownder ID or House registration right ?

A Certificate of Residence details your name and address amongst other things.

When you purchase a vehicle they need your address for the registration book, so some form of evidence of your address will be required.

Sounds like your in rented accommodation and pay utilities direct to the landlord.

In that case I suggest you take a copy of their ID card and Tabian Baan as proof of address.

Copies must be signed by the landlord with tele number in case they want to call to verify your residency.

I was in the same situation when I first arrived here.

I got my Certificate of Residence from the local Police Station though (free, 30 minutes), or I could have got one from my local Amphur (free, same day) but I still needed the copies of my landlords ID and TB.

Edited by Faz

This form has a other tick box. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/res_cert.pdf

The form you posted the link for is a Bangkok only one. It is just an application form. I think I would not tick either one an tell them you want one to open a bank account.

Yes, this is the Bangkok Division 1 form, that is where the OP is going to get his, I would assume that is the correct form in his case, not other Immigration office locations.

This form has a other tick box. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/res_cert.pdf

The form you posted the link for is a Bangkok only one. It is just an application form. I think I would not tick either one an tell them you want one to open a bank account.

Thanks. But can you give me the webpage link a person would go to in order to download this form. I know when you click above link it appears/downloads but I'm trying to find the webpage you would see the link on...and then click to download. I went to the www.immigration.go.th webpage as in the first part of above link, then clicked the Download Forms icon, and then I end up with the same forms as offered by the Bankgok Immigraiton 1 division and for the life of me I can't find the form in your link above....just the residence forms that take drivers licence and buying/selling a motorcyle....maybe if it was a snake it would bite me. Thanks.

Thanks. But can you give me the webpage link a person would go to in order to download this form. I know when you click above link it appears/downloads but I'm trying to find the webpage you would see the link on...and then click to download. I went to the www.immigration.go.th webpage as in the first part of above link, then clicked the Download Forms icon, and then I end up with the same forms as offered by the Bankgok Immigraiton 1 division and for the life of me I can't find the form in your link above....just the residence forms that take drivers licence and buying/selling a motorcyle....maybe if it was a snake it would bite me. Thanks.

in PDF

Edited by ssids

Easy to print that form.

One you see the form press Ctrl+P on the computer keyboard and the print/save dialog will appear.

Yes...I know its a PDF form...I've downloaded it by clicking ubonjoe's link above...but I want the webpage showing the link to it....you know, you are at a webpage, it shows a link to download a certain doc, you click that link and the doc downloads/displays. I guess I'm saying I want to see the webpage listing the various forms you can download which has the form listed on it for download. Not uncommon for the webpage showing a doc/form to download to be completely different than the actual downloaded document when you click the link. I'm looking for the page like below (just using it as an example as when you click the certificate of residence forms on this page they are different that what ubonjoe provided).

post-55970-0-16659800-1442634785_thumb.j

Edited by Pib

in PDF

This is the form name Application Form for Residence Certificate in Thailand on http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download

To get the PDF download click on the Adobe PDF icon on the left side of the page. Clicking the form name gives the document format.

in PDF

This is the form name Application Form for Residence Certificate in Thailand on http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download

To get the PDF download click on the Adobe PDF icon on the left side of the page. Clicking the form name gives the document format.

Thanks...problem figured out. When you click the Residence Certificate Name "or" the Word doc icon version, it downloads/displays a version that is completely different than if clicking the PDF icon version. Check in out..the Word and PDF versions for the form are different.