Not received back yet multiple Tourist Visa from London

Wouldn't normally be at all concerned but by past years I would have received Passport back by now. by some distance. Unquestionably they have received the request and Passport but because they still live in the dark ages and wont take card or cheque payments, its not quite so easy to see if processed

Its been couple weeks now since I sent it. (yes I could ring them I acknowledge) but I wonder if theres any resistance to issuing multiple entry currently ?

How many entries did you request and pay for? Tourist visas are not issued as a multiple entry.

You certainly need to contact them. Normal is 4 to 5 days total from reports I have seen and no reports of anybody having a problem getting one.

There cannot be any "resistance" to issuing something that does not exist !

Best telephone and ask politely about the Tourist Visa which is not issued as a "multiple".........................

There are many UK based businesses which do not accept cheques or cards ...........Are they all living in the "dark ages" ?

How many entries did you request and pay for? Tourist visas are not issued as a multiple entry.

You certainly need to contact them. Normal is 4 to 5 days total from reports I have seen and no reports of anybody having a problem getting one.

As is sods law whats just come in Post !! In the past I as you say. had it back with 3-4 working days, this one somewhat longer. Double entry I applied for apologies for any confusion over multiple. To me more than a single is multiple.

To the other Guy yes I consider any "business" that doesn't take credit, debit cards or cheques as living in the dark ages. Since when did you last buy anything online and be asked to send a Postal Order.

I have not lived in the UK for a long time.

Is it now a cashless country where all commercial transactions are undertaken by "cheque or card" ?

I Never buy on line so must live in "the dark age" .......correct?

Some attitude adjustment needs to be made !

As is sods law whats just come in Post !! In the past I as you say. had it back with 3-4 working days, this one somewhat longer. Double entry I applied for apologies for any confusion over multiple. To me more than a single is multiple.

To the other Guy yes I consider any "business" that doesn't take credit, debit cards or cheques as living in the dark ages. Since when did you last buy anything online and be asked to send a Postal Order.

I have not lived in the UK for a long time.

Is it now a cashless country where all commercial transactions are undertaken by "cheque or card" ?

I Never buy on line so must live in "the dark age" .......correct?

Some attitude adjustment needs to be made !

Yours might be becoming aware its 2015 not 1975

in 1975 you phoned them and knew what happened, no need to ask on a forum to get loads of different answers

There cannot be any "resistance" to issuing something that does not exist !

Best telephone and ask politely about the Tourist Visa which is not issued as a "multiple".........................

There are many UK based businesses which do not accept cheques or cards ...........Are they all living in the "dark ages" ?

If they do not accept cards than they are definitely living in the dark ages.

• Like 1

Applied for a multi entry visa recently and got it back in 3-4 days. With post office tracking it is possible to keep tabs on it.

The postal order issue is a bind but I suppose they have been caught in the past by rubber cheques. However it cost me an extra £ 7.50 for the pleasure of buying a PO.

Just saying like!

TBWGwai.gif

It was an automated message on the Thai Embassy London's official number

If it is anything like some of the pages on their website it is probably our of date and has not been changed since they started accepting mail in applications in January of 2014.

• Like 1

It was the London Embassy that I called as I was already aware that they were the only ones issuing by post since Jan 2014. That much is stated on a document that accompanies the visa application form.

Difficult to know whether to bother sending an application because of the inconsistencies in the information provided.

I could just come in on a 30 day exempt stamp and then go to Savannakhet and apply for a double or triple there, right?

I have heard that they are experiencing having issues because of the number of Laos nationals trying to get in to Thailand, so I could go to Vientiane instead if necessary and apply for a double entry there instead. Sound fair?

Perhaps try calling again to get a human on the phone during the hours shown on this page of website: http://www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/3

Doing it by post instructions are still on the website http://www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/401

I certain if they were not accepting them post we would of heard about it it other posts.

You could get a 2 entry in Savannakhet in Vientiane,

I have seen no updates on the citation in Savannakhet. The report of of hundreds of Laotians applying was in the early days of the border closure so I suspect it is not as bad n ow.

• Like 1