question on 90 day reporting

I arrived in Thailand on Sept 1 2015 and am staying until March 15, 2016 when I will be departing back to the US. I am here on a retirement visa and have to renew my annual extension of stay based on retirement prior to Jan 14, 2016. My question about 90 day reporting is I know I have to do a 90 report at immigration on or before November 29, 2015. My question is:" Is my second 90 day report due on Feb 27, 2016 OR does the second countdown for 90 day reporting reset from the date I renew my retirement visa?" Another words, if I renew my retirement visa on or after December 17, 2015 then it will be less then 90 days in Thailand before I depart back to the US and thusly would I not need to do another 90 day report to immigration if it resets to December 17 or later? Thanks for any clarification in this matter.

It actually depends on the office that you use. Some offices reset the start of the 90 day report to the same day that you do your extension. I use Nakhon Sawan and that is their policy.

That is a rarity for an immigration office to do that. What they do I assume is give you a new 90 reporting slip with a report date 90 days from when you apply.

There have been people that have had to pay a 2000 baht fine because they assumed the application was equal to a report.

• Like 1

At the Amnat Charoen Immigration office in recent months, they seem to reset your 90 day clock every time you walk in to their office for any reason. But it is a "no-brainer"; if they do that, use the new date, if they don't reset it, you continue on with whatever date you already had.

It actually depends on the office that you use. Some offices reset the start of the 90 day report to the same day that you do your extension. I use Nakhon Sawan and that is their policy.

That is a rarity for an immigration office to do that. What they do I assume is give you a new 90 reporting slip with a report date 90 days from when you apply.

There have been people that have had to pay a 2000 baht fine because they assumed the application was equal to a report.

They staple a 90 day report slip in your passport the same time as you do your extension. It is not the bottom of the TM47 form, it's just a small slip with the new date on it.

If you were in Khon Kaen then when you did your 90 day report on 29th November the next 90 day report date would be given as 14th January. ie they will not give you a report date later than your current permission to stay date. Presumably this is so you don't misconstrue the later date of the 90 day report as permission to stay. So you would have to do your extension and 90 day on the same day, 14th January at the latest. They will do the visa extension first, then you'll need a copy of that newly granted extension to support your 90 day application.