US Republican Carson: Muslim shouldn't be elected president

webfact

Who ever thought there will be a Black president in the White House ? Who ever thought woman can be a Presidnt candidate and who knows she might even become the first female President of USA, and then who knows maybe soon some day thee will be a Muslim president in USA, anything is possible, literally.

Not likely.

Agree...

America is going backwards, if one of the bigoted right wing candidates gets elected more chance America will reintroduce slavery.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who ever thought there will be a Black president in the White House ? Who ever thought woman can be a Presidnt candidate and who knows she might even become the first female President of USA, and then who knows maybe soon some day thee will be a Muslim president in USA, anything is possible, literally.

Not likely.

Agree...

America is going backwards, if one of the bigoted right wing candidates gets elected more chance America will reintroduce slavery.

It wasn't slaves that killed 3,106 killed in 75 terror attacks on American soil' now was it?

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/americanattacks.htm

Edited by lostoday

The following should answer which religious category would likely be elected President.

As a percent of US population

Muslim..........................0.9%

Atheists........................3.1%

Agnostic.......................4,0%

No religion..................15.8%

non-Christian faiths......5.0%

Christian.....................70.6%

This entire argument is senseless.

The following should answer which religious category would likely be elected President.

[/quote

How many females, how many workers, how many non-millionaires?

Need some more catetories for statistics?

So who are you? The grand poo bah of Muslims being Presidents of America? I'm not a Catholic but my family was Catholic. Many would make the point that I'm Catholic. What is the difference between a Catholic and a practicing Catholic in the mind of the average American voter? I'm a Mexican but since I came to America I identify with the non Mexican Americans. Do most people still think I'm a Mexican?

So I can see and it makes sense to me if a person's family was Muslim that they are Muslim. Who are you to tell me I'm wrong?

I will be the first to tell you that you are wrong.

Religion is something that you can change. You can convert. Obama isn't a Muslim. He drinks and attends Church services. In the Muslim world he could be sentenced to death or these things if he was or had been a Muslim.

Looking at the backlash on the question can a Muslim be President it is obvious why an expedient politician would change from a Muslim to another religion for the purposes of getting elected.

I think in my heart I'll always be a Mexican Catholic and Barrack Hussein Obama will always be a Muslim. I don't mind you telling me I'm wrong. Did he have a Muslim family? Did he live as a Muslim in Muslim countries? OK now he's a Christian. I get it.

Obama's mother and her family were/are Christian and he's spent most of his life in America. But you think he's a Muslim and "will always be a Muslim"???

Based on speeches he has made about his Muslim heritage and living in Muslim countries and the number of times he has quoted the Koran in speeches and his speeches to the Iranian people, the Nowruz message and his speech in Cairo.

I can see why many people think he is a Muslim and would not want another Muslim elected President.

The odds of another President having a name like John or Donald or Harry are about what you would expect but tell me what you think the odds are of another American President having the name Hussein or Barrack or Mohamed are?

I think it is part of this topic to discuss current and future Presidents being Muslim. But I can see how given a narrow interpretation that only the religion of future Presidents might be appropriate to discuss and not why a Muslim might not make a good President.

I think the crux of the issue is why Dr. Carson thinks a Muslim would not make a good President but I can also understand why no one should ask him about that. Oh my that would not be PC would it?

So what we have is a great debate question that no one can debate. At least not both sides of the debate and Carson is on the wrong side so the moderators of the next debate would have to turn off his mike when they asked him, (moderator says) "Why do you not think a Muslim should be elected President." Carson replies....................x.x..x....x.x.....x..x.x...........x.x..x. Then Trump says.........x.xx.x..x.x.x.......... Then that lady who almost destroyed HP says "I don't see why we can't have a Muslim as President."

Edited by lostoday

No, the argument is not senseless. He made his statements in order to attract the remaining 99.1% of the population, and therein lies the problem.

Edited by stevenl

[/quote

How many females, how many workers, how many non-millionaires?

Need some more catetories for statistics?

No more categories needed, or are you trying to take the thread off topic with your baiting post?

No, the argument is not senseless. He made his statements in order to attract the remaining 99.1% of the population, and therein lies the problem.

If he actually believes 99.1% of Americans are attracted by a statement like that, then he's a bigger fool that I thought. Yes, a large percentage of right-wing fundamentalists Christians are attracted by such, but that's far from 99.1%. Even many of his fellow Republican candidates ... who are trying to attract the same voters ... have spoken against his statement.

Edited by HerbalEd

Odd that so many people here, presumably Americans, get so exercised at the mere suggestion of a Muslim candidate for president, a possibility that is less likely than the election of an Emperor penguin for the job. In the meantime, all of the 17 would-be Republican candidates vigorously: deny the science of global warming, support reducing taxes further on the rich increasing inequality, favor military attacks over diplomacy, and are ready to shut down the US government in order to defund Planned Parenthood's budget of $500 million dollars, which is a tiny fraction of the $3.5 trillion dollar budget. Most or all of them now are on record as ready to undertake the largest forced out-migration in history, that of the 12 million undocumented Hispanics in the country.

I find every one of them a lot scarier than some imaginary Muslim candidate especially since they have a much bigger chance of getting elected than the penguins.

And what great mystic powers have you conjured up to know exactly what Dr. Carson was thinking when he made the statement?

Odd that so many people here, presumably Americans, get so exercised at the mere suggestion of a Muslim candidate for president, a possibility that is less likely than the election of an Emperor penguin for the job. In the meantime, all of the 17 would-be Republican candidates vigorously: deny the science of global warming, support reducing taxes further on the rich increasing inequality, favor military attacks over diplomacy, and are ready to shut down the US government in order to defund Planned Parenthood's budget of $500 million dollars, which is a tiny fraction of the $3.5 trillion dollar budget. Most or all of them now are on record as ready to undertake the largest forced out-migration in history, that of the 12 million undocumented Hispanics in the country.

I find every one of them a lot scarier than some imaginary Muslim candidate especially since they have a much bigger chance of getting elected than the penguins.

Where did the 12 million Hispanics come from? Was it an illegal in - migration? Easy come easy go.

And what great mystic powers have you conjured up to know exactly what Dr. Carson was thinking when he made the statement?

My crystal ball just told me he is running for president.

Why disaggregate unaffiliated into 3 categories? Maybe the author of this set of statistics does not want to admit that non affiliated comprises nearly a quarter of all Americans. Not that anyone would know the source of your data. The more interesting issue is the steep decline in the number of Americans who affiliate with Christianity. The May 2015 Pew Research Poll http://www.pewforum.org/2015/05/12/americas-changing-religious-landscape/ shows nearly 8% decline in just 7 years.

The next social wave will be the atheists prodded out of their closets by the hypocrisy and bigotry of the religious nuts, like Carson and the other clowns seeking to represent the Republican Party and boosters of the Religious Persecution nonsense. First is was the women, then the blacks, then the gays. Next are the atheists. I would wager that America has already had an Atheist President but not openly.

Not likely.

Agree...

It wasn't slaves that killed 3,106 killed in 75 terror attacks on American soil' now was it?

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/americanattacks.htm

But what you are saying is ever Muslim is a terrorist, You could say no Germans too, they are all Nazi's...

As per the constitution let the people decide on their merits, but there again I do agree that with chance of Trump or this "lose cannon" actually being elected President that Americans should not be allowed to choose...

Edited by Basil B

Why disaggregate unaffiliated into 3 categories? Maybe the author of this set of statistics does not want to admit that non affiliated comprises nearly a quarter of all Americans. Not that anyone would know the source of your data. The more interesting issue is the steep decline in the number of Americans who affiliate with Christianity. The May 2015 Pew Research Poll http://www.pewforum.org/2015/05/12/americas-changing-religious-landscape/ shows nearly 8% decline in just 7 years.

The next social wave will be the atheists prodded out of their closets by the hypocrisy and bigotry of the religious nuts, like Carson and the other clowns seeking to represent the Republican Party and boosters of the Religious Persecution nonsense. First is was the women, then the blacks, then the gays. Next are the atheists. I would wager that America has already had an Atheist President but not openly.

I also "disaggregated" Muslim from the Non-Christian faith category. You don't seem to have a problem with that.

My personal reason for doing so was to point out that Muslims are a small percentage of US voters along with atheists and agnostics.

Non-religions are exactly that. They have no formal religion but still might believe in a Supreme Being.

Atheism is a religion in and of itself but represents a tiny portion of the picture on all things but this forum.

They would be considered immaterial in any presidential election.

You found my source: http://www.pewforum.org/2015/05/12/americas-changing-religious-landscape/

PS: Your posts are remarkably similar to the original Tep. Cousin perhaps?

Edited by chuckd

Geez, all the wacky candidates are high up in the poles. What next?

Hillary falls on her sword (or or head or whatever), leaving the Dems with a viable-candidate-deficit scenario? Not that anyone in their right mind would/should consider her a viable candidate anyway.

Edited by MaxYakov

Oh how awful...what a bigot...doesn't Dr. Carson know that Iran and Saudi Arabia have elected Christians to run their Muslim countries?

sorry.gif I could not resist!

Hassan Rouhani and King of Saudi Arabia are Christian? Who would have thought it?

Edited by lostoday

Geez, all the wacky candidates are high up in the poles. What next?

Hillary falls on her sword (or or head or whatever), leaving the Dems with a viable-candidate-deficit scenario? Not that anyone in their right mind would/should consider her a viable candidate anyway.

If only we could get Jerry Brown a new (younger) body ... we'd be set! crying.gif

https://www.facebook.com/Jerry-Brown-for-President-2016-362968397205868/timeline/

(His campaign slogan could be -- Once you go black, time to go BROWN!)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/09/18/the-case-for-jerry-brown-to-run-for-president/

Edited by Jingthing

This is exactly why separation of church & state is so important. Believe in whatever ridiculous fairy tale you like, just don't use it as a platform for legislation to be imposed upon the rest of us.

I find it rich that the Kim Davises and Mike Huckabees of the world cry out for religious freedom, but when something like this happens, we find out that what they really meant was freedom of THEIR religion and not that funny superstition of those brown people.

To underscore the silliness of the issue, a satanic temple has filed suit against the state of Missouri for violating their religious freedom. Can: opened. Worms: everywhere.

Oh how awful...what a bigot...doesn't Dr. Carson know that Iran and Saudi Arabia have elected Christians to run their Muslim countries?

Hassan Rouhani and King of Saudi Arabia are Christian? Who would have thought it?

I can find no evidence to support your claim on Hassan Rouhani...however...I did find this video which was quite revealing...as a Muslim terrorist...

https://youtu.be/lusu1LXH1z0?t=13

And no evidence to support your claim about the King of Saudi Arabia...

Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud King of Saudi Arabia

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques

So you my friend...are full of water and other unmentionable things...

I can find no evidence to support your claim on Hassan Rouhani...however...I did find this video which was quite revealing...as a Muslim terrorist...

https://youtu.be/lusu1LXH1z0?t=13

And no evidence to support your claim about the King of Saudi Arabia...

Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud King of Saudi Arabia

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques

So you my friend...are full of water and other unmentionable things...

Have you lost it? You wrote, " Doesn't Dr. Carson know that Iran and Saudi Arabia have elected Christians to run their Muslim countries?" And that's a lie. I made no claims you said that Saudi and Iran were run by Christians. That is your claim not mine.

Edited by lostoday

I fear the Christian/right wing loonies far more than Muslims. They're dangerous, they're bizarrely fanatical, they have guns, they're everywhere and they want to take over the country.

And 99.99% of the time these people you complain about -- violate no laws in America...

This is exactly why separation of church & state is so important. Believe in whatever ridiculous fairy tale you like, just don't use it as a platform for legislation to be imposed upon the rest of us.

I find it rich that the Kim Davises and Mike Huckabees of the world cry out for religious freedom, but when something like this happens, we find out that what they really meant was freedom of THEIR religion and not that funny superstition of those brown people.

To underscore the silliness of the issue, a satanic temple has filed suit against the state of Missouri for violating their religious freedom. Can: opened. Worms: everywhere.

Please point out to me the phrase in the U.S. Constitution or the Bill or Rights that says "Separation of Church and State"

CAIR is weighing in on the Presidential race. They want Dr. Carson to resign.

Fat chance.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Muslim group calls for Carson to leave race
By ROBERT KING • 9/20/15 12:40 PM
01:59 / 02:55
Neurosurgeon Ben Carson should withdraw from the presidential race for his comments that a Muslim shouldn't be president a prominent Muslim-American group said Sunday.
"I think his remarks should be repudiated by everyone on the political spectrum and that he should withdraw," Ibrahim Hooper, spokesman for the Council on American-Islamic Relations, the nation's largest Islamic advocacy group, told the Washington Examiner on Sunday.
Carson, who is third in the Washington Examiner's presidential power rankings, spoke on NBC's "Meet the Press" Sunday and said that he wouldn't "advocate that we put a Muslim in charge of this nation."
Hooper said that Carson's comments were unconstitutional according to Article Six of the Constitution, which forbids a religious test as a requirement for qualification to any public office.

I fear the Christian/right wing loonies far more than Muslims. They're dangerous, they're bizarrely fanatical, they have guns, they're everywhere and they want to take over the country.

That's pretty funny.

ISIS are beheading people, raping women and children, destroying historical monuments.

But you fear Christians more?

Have ISIS got a candidate in the presidential race?

That's pretty funny.

ISIS are beheading people, raping women and children, destroying historical monuments.

But you fear Christians more?

Maybe they are Muslims or married to Muslims or just Plain Fools

This is exactly why separation of church & state is so important.

Please point out to me the phrase in the U.S. Constitution or the Bill or Rights that says "Separation of Church and State"

Please point out to me where I said those exact words were in either of those documents. What I said was such a separation is important.

And I'm not sure where you're going with this point - surely you've heard of the establishment clause? This effectively creates a "wall of separation" (Jefferson's own words) between church and state.

Edited by attrayant