Mariage VISA

I retiree I apply for my retirement visa since 10 years ...I have 800'000 THB in bank no problem.

I married my partener this january 2015.

it seams that the mariage visa seams a litle bit more procedural at the Thai Immigration , visit , photos....

The question even if i am officialy married is still LEGAL that I apply as a normal retiree (800'000 THB) ?

Does somebody as any experience of Marriage visa in Jontiem?

Thanks for any advices

You can still apply for an extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon retirement. In fact immigration would prefer you keep applying for it instead of one based upon marriage.

If so I think it will simple to go on like this, thanks

Extensions of stay based on marriage are more procedural and require 2 visits to Immigration. They take up to 30 days to be approved, but the financial proof only requires 400,000 baht.

It's far simpler to remain on an extension based on retirement, both for you and Immigration.

It's your choice, not Immigrations, it's perfectly legal to remain on the basis of retirement even if married.

• Like 1

You can still apply for an extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon retirement. In fact immigration would prefer you keep applying for it instead of one based upon marriage.

Yes it would be simpler.

• Like 1

Yes it would be simpler.

First time I post a question on thaivisa,

I am french but I think that the anglosaxons are much more organized that the french

BRAVO