Foreigner arrested over hit and run death of Thai man in Chachoengsao

webfact

The mistake you made in this case was stopping the car... A Thai would have been away like a shot if he collided with a bike

An old deaf maybe half senile man crashed into me in bkk and both of our bikes had damage caused by sliding on the ground

Same story, police told me we know what happened but tell the insurance company it was your fault and they will pay for everything, you not pay anyway

I said it wasn't, they said he has no money anyway so nobody will get anything if you don't and my bike was expensive so I was against the wall or I'd have to pay to fix it myself and maybe give him money as well

We were not allowed to leave the scene (I needed a hospital with nearly broken ankle and few cuts ) until I agreed to take the blame and sign the damages or we go police station now instead of hospital

If I ever meet a Thai outside Thailand....

"...they said he has no money anyway so nobody will get anything if you don't and my bike was expensive so I was against the wall or I'd have to pay to fix it myself..."

Why? For what reason would the insurer of your expensive bike not cover damage to it?

"...I needed a hospital with nearly broken ankle...

Eh? Oh, you didn't have a broken ankle then?

Edited by Sviss Geez

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Notice the "foreigner" gets breathalyzed , while lovely actress Anna Reese got 12 hours to go home comb her hair and Sober up after killing a copper in a parked car, sickening hypocrisy

Same for the Red Bull brat......

Same only if you ignore the fact that in the Red Bull incident the Ferrari driver was tested for alcohol and drugs in his system and both proved positive. So not the same really.

and the Thai actress who killed the Thai cop? anyway ALL should be treated equally but TIT

I don't post here very often but read daily, sorry about the guy who died,buts let's face it half the time these brain deads are driving on the wrong side of the road undertaking or generally driving like imbeciles,

The level of corruption here when it comes to driving offences if you are a foreigner would make your nose bleed,

Here's my last experience I'm driving my car behind a Thai guy on a motorbike weaving all over the dual carriage way I stayed behind him until he final stopped weaving and stayed in the inside lane, I slowly started overtaking him incidentally I have a video cam on the front screen, as I am 3/4 of the way past home he weaves again oblivious that I am alongside him and hits the rear quarter panel of my car and goes flying, I immediately stopped and ran out to help him of course he was wearing no helmet standard in Pattaya, and he stank of booze, he immediately starts screaming f u Falang you hit me you big trouble I stopped helping him reframed from giving him a good hiding and went sat back in my car until the boys in brown arrived, after an hour of <deleted> I went down to jomtien police station and made a statement the Thai went to hospital with minor cuts and bruises, here's were the real fun starts, cops take photos of my car after they finish they give me a bill for 1000 baht for the photos on there bloody cell phones and a receipt can you believe lol, and I am told to come back in a week, I tell them I have video of the incident and give them a copy, after leaving without a care in the world as I have video evidence proving I did nothing wrong I went home and returned to the police station a week later, I was sitting there and the motorbike driver walked in and started wying the cops and they returned the gesture, immediately I knew things were not going to go well, the bike driver goes in the office first after giving me a glare and muttering something under his breath, 20 minites later I'm called in the office, turns out the bike driver not only had no helmet on , was drunk had no licence or insurance the cops don't give a shit about that they only want to know how much I will be giving the Thai guy for his hospital Bill, incidentally my insurance company are wt the cop shop with me, the cop suggests that I say in front of my insurance company that the accident was my fault through careless driving so the insurance company would pay for the damage to the Thai guys bike, I said no way I did nothing wrong look at the video Mr policeman the cop gets angry then tells me to say it's my fault through careless driving and the matter would be closed no charges however if I insisted on telling the truth that I did nothing wrong he would charge me with reckless driving and it would go to court, mine was a minor incident I can only imagine a more serious incident were you back is pinned against the wall to admit something you never did to make life easy for the Thai, motto of this story is as a foreigner even with concrete video evidence you will always lose against a Thai , the police can and will falsely charge you with utter crap just to scare you into doing what they want as who wants to go to court were who knows what will be thrown at you,so I admitted to careless driving gave the motorbike guy 5 thousand baht for his hospital bill and the cop 2 thousand for being such a nice policeman no charges were filed and I left feeling like I had been bent over and analy abused,and lucky it hadn't been too financially painful, so good luck out there when driving foreign people remember whatever happens you are always in the wrong if there is a Thai involved, my advice is to try and only hit crash or collide with other foreigners that are poorer than you and then you will always be in the right :)

Unfortunate story, but with the guy swerving all over the road and obviously drunk and erratic, i cant fathom why you would attempt to pass.

I would have hung behind the guy or gunned it past him and left him in my smoke.

They are a lot more dangerous beside you or behind when you cant keep an eye on them.

RIP to the market vendor. No sympathy for cowards fleeing an accident scene!

Anyone with a working brain will flee any accident scene in Asia, at least until the cops arrive.

I've seen a few lynchings and it's not a pretty scene. They beat, kick and chop first and ask questions later

"I've seen a few lynchings and it's not a pretty scene."

Of course you have. How about backing that up with some details of those lynchings in Thailand that you saw personally?

Why are there always some people who don't believe other people just because they never experience anything themselves?

What do you want? Photos? Videos?

I've seen a few in India, one here and one in Belfast back in 1988. Nothing to brag about, trust me

isn't belfast a farang place? It's not 3rd world is it?

Why are there always some people who don't believe other people just because they never experience anything themselves?

What do you want? Photos? Videos?

I've seen a few in India, one here and one in Belfast back in 1988. Nothing to brag about, trust me

"isn't belfast a farang place? It's not 3rd world is it?"

Is it? Good question. Let's put this question down to a crowd of Mick hatting ex squaddies.
Who in their right mind is going to scan random forums looking for grammatical or other minor mistakes and then point them out to the person in question?
Nothing better to do than trolling? Hahaha. Get a life t_wat.

The smartest, most humane and best thing is to stop and help in every case.

In the end it always turn out in your advantage if you stop and help.

I had an accident with a motorcycle driver that crossed the red light.

The guy was seriously injured.

There were no witnesses.

The motorcycle driver told the police he had green light.

The police told me: if you would be wrong you would not have stopped. The fact that you stopped and immediately went to help shows you're not wrong. So, the police said to the motorcycle driver he should not lie and he made him sign a report admitting he crossed the red light.

The police, the motorcycle driver and his father were all very polite. I immediately went to visit the guy in the hospital after the accident. No lynchings and such .... 555

Let me get this right, the MC rider lied to the police so you would get the blame, and then you go and visit him in hospital???? Have I missed something here?

Unless of course you visited him to give him a piece of your'e mind.

We went to the police after he could leave the hospital. He was seriously injured.

He was a poor guy. Fixing my car costed 80000 B. It was not just some small accident.

He lied because he couldn't pay for the expenses.

He was always polite, never aggressive.

He had no clothes when he left the hospital and the battery of his mobile phone got lost. I bought a new shirt for him and a mobile phone battery.

You have to try to put yourself in his position and than see if you would lie or not.

Life isn't that easy as you might think. In the end trying to be humane is always the best thing to do.

Edited by kriswillems