Convert Visa Exemption to Non Imm O Based on Marriage

the post from @poorsucker states as for extension of stay based upon marriage to give the immi records of your bank book with transactions

from the last two months , is this new . iam asking for a fixed deposit does have any transactions .

wbrroobaa01

I think this doesn't apply to the first extension. It must mean for subsequent extensions.

The first time you do it I believe that you would have to just show money in the bank.

sorry i meant a fixed deposit 400k say 12 months ,does not have any transaction in the book, hence why show bank statements with transactions for two months ???

for 1 rst or follow up applications extension of stay a 400k fixed deposit is permissible by immi.

wbr roobaa01

the post from @poorsucker states as for extension of stay based upon marriage to give the immi records of your bank book with transactions

from the last two months , is this new . iam asking for a fixed deposit does have any transactions .

wbrroobaa01

I think this doesn't apply to the first extension. It must mean for subsequent extensions.

The first time you do it I believe that you would have to just show money in the bank.

For retirement, two months first time. after that three months.

Based on marriage two months every time. although some immigration office want three months.

• Like 1

It can't be two months for the first time on a marriage extension as that would mean that if you arrive on a 3 month Single O, you would have to set up the bank account and transfer the money almost immediately upon arriving in Thailand!

It can be and is 2 months.

• Like 1

It can't be two months for the first time on a marriage extension as that would mean that if you arrive on a 3 month Single O, you would have to set up the bank account and transfer the money almost immediately upon arriving in Thailand!

It is 2 months.

I would think 30 days would be enough time to open a bank account and transfer the funds into the country.

If not you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife to give you more time.

• Like 1

I have a question regarding the name(s) on the bank book. Some people say that the bank account has to be in the applicant's name only. If there is a joint bank account with the wife it will not be accepted. Can anyone throw any light on this please?

red

Joint accounts are not accepted.

Your wife can still use and withdraw from that account depending on the conditions you agree with the bank, as I recently discovered.

For the purpose of Immigration it must be in your sole name.

For the purpose of Banking it can be withdrawn by either a joint signature or single signature of either party as per the conditions you set on the account.

They will only issue a single debit/ATM card though in the name of the account holder.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys. Thanks for all your help so far.

So I opened a new bank account -(very difficult without a work permit I might add).

Yesterday I transferred 400,000 baht over from the UK.

Today I checked with the bank and and I have received a deposit of 399,100 baht. Somewhere along the way 400 became 399!!

Anyway, is it possible that immigration would refuse a visa because of a shortage of 900 baht? (I would think not, but this IS Thailand after all).

I could easily add another 1000 baht to tip it over, but the money would be put in locally.

Thoughts please.

So I opened a new bank account -(very difficult without a work permit I might add).

Today I checked with the bank and and I have received a deposit of 399,100 baht. Somewhere along the way 400 became 399!!

Anyway, is it possible that immigration would refuse a visa because of a shortage of 900 baht? (I would think not, but this IS Thailand after all).

I could easily add another 1000 baht to tip it over, but the money would be put in locally.

Thoughts please.

/immigration will refuse an extension if the 400,000 is not in the bank for the required amount of time

• Like 1

Thoughts please.

It seems you forgot that there would be some fees deducted when you transferred it in.

Just add some money to the account. The bank records will show that 400k was transferred in from abroad. If not I don't think immigration would make a problem for 900 baht not coming from abroad.

Hi.

Can anyone inform me of the rules when staying in Thailand on a Non Imm 'O' visa based on marriage?

The information I am looking for is, am I required to leave the country every 90 days? Do I get an immigration stamp every 90 days? Or am I OK for a year?

Just a bit confused at the moment - thanks

Hi.

Can anyone inform me of the rules when staying in Thailand on a Non Imm 'O' visa based on marriage?

The information I am looking for is, am I required to leave the country every 90 days? Do I get an immigration stamp every 90 days? Or am I OK for a year?

Depends on if you have a single or multi entry.

A Non Imm O Visa gives a stay of 90 days, after which you have to leave.

• Like 1

Hi.

If you have a multiple entry non-o visa issued by an embassy or consulate you have to leave the country every 90 days.

If you have a one year extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon marriage issued at an immigration office you do 90 day reports.

• Like 1

Hi.

If you have a multiple entry non-o visa issued by an embassy or consulate you have to leave the country every 90 days.

If you have a one year extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon marriage issued at an immigration office you do 90 day reports.

So just to clarify . . .

If I have a single entry non-o, I have to leave the country every 90 days?

If I have a multi entry non-o, I have to leave every 90 days but have the option to go to other countries within that 90 days?

Are these 2 assumptions correct? I have only ever had 60 day TR visas before.

Lastly, under what conditions am I able to apply for the extension.

Thanks

So just to clarify . . .

If I have a single entry non-o, I have to leave the country every 90 days?

If I have a multi entry non-o, I have to leave every 90 days but have the option to go to other countries within that 90 days?

Are these 2 assumptions correct? I have only ever had 60 day TR visas before.

Lastly, under what conditions am I able to apply for the extension.

Thanks

A single entry only allows one 90 day entry. You would have to get a new visa to get another 90 days.

A multiple entry visa allows unlimited 90 day entries for a year. You could leave after a few days of getting a 90 day entry and come back in couple of days to get a new entry if you wanted to.

In order to apply for a one year extension of stay you need 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months or proof of 40k baht income, You would apply for it during the last 30 days of a non-o visa entry.

• Like 2

Sorry to jump in. Do I understand correctly that by entering Thailand under the 30 days visa exempt rule, I can apply for a non o visa in Thailand without leaving the country? I do NOT need to get a non o based on marriage abroad first before I can apply for an extension of stay n Thailand? At least 15 days left or not more than 15days left on my visa exempt before applying for the non o?

Sorry to jump in. Do I understand correctly that by entering Thailand under the 30 days visa exempt rule, I can apply for a non o visa in Thailand without leaving the country? I do NOT need to get a non o based on marriage abroad first before I can apply for an extension of stay n Thailand? At least 15 days left or not more than 15days left on my visa exempt before applying for the non o?

You can do that but only in Bangkok. You will need to prove that you meet the requirements for an extension of stay ie 400,000 Bht in a Thai bank or income certified by your Embassy of 40,000/month

Only in BKK? So I can't do it if my place of living is in the South because BKK is not the office I need to report to, right? ....

Bangkok immigration is the only office authorized to do them based upon marriage. It does not matter where you live they will do it. It requires two trips 15 days apart to get the visa/entry stamps. You wife would have to be with you for the first trip when you apply for it.

Since you are in the south the best option is to go to Penang to apply for a single entry non-o visa. No financial proof is needed.

After getting the non-o visa you would do the extension of stay at your local immigration office during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from the visa.

• Like 1

Hi All,

Thought i would give you all an update on the progress. I am now in the final month of my Non-O 90 day visa based on marriage and i am going to immigration tomorrow to apply for the 12 month extension. I have all the documents as listed on the first page of this thread and will let you all know how everything goes.

Cheers

• Like 1

Ok. Can I apply for the non - O in BKK immediately after I have arrived from abroad (or only within the last 15days of my visa exempt)? 2 trips are needed, within how many days approx between application and approval? If I get the stamp on January 15th 2016 for the non O, would January 15th then the date up to which I need to apply for extension of stay OR would it be the 15th of March (after 60 days) OR 15th of April (90 days)?

Ok. Can I apply for the non - O in BKK immediately after I have arrived from abroad (or only within the last 15days of my visa exempt)? 2 trips are needed, within how many days approx between application and approval? If I get the stamp on January 15th 2016 for the non O, would January 15th then the date up to which I need to apply for extension of stay OR would it be the 15th of March (after 60 days) OR 15th of April (90 days)?

You have to apply prior to the last 15 days of the visa exempt entry (or the 30 day extension of it). Normal time to get the visa/entry stamp is 15 days from when you apply.

The entry stamp will be dated from the date you apply for the visa.

You would apply for the extension during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry.

Hello,

After the first step of the process ( Visa non immigrant O 90 days at Bangkok)

if i want a "visa 1 year multientry" i have to go in Laos at Savannakhet with the same paper than a "1 year extension stay"?

And if i have a "1 year extension stay", i will lost the extension when i leave the country before the end, is it correct ?

Thanks for the quick reply,

and i need the same paper to get re-entry permit one year ? (paper wedding/residence/400k,etc..)

I soon as you have the one year extension of stay stamp you can apply for a re-entry permit. You only need passport copies, a completed TM8 application form and the 3800 baht fee to get a multiple re-entry permit.