Thai industrial index drops eight months in a row

webfact

Industrial index drops eight months in a row

150-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Thai Industries Sentiment Index (TISI) for the month of August dropped for the eighth month in a row to 82.4 from July’s 83 mainly due to domestic consumption contraction, particularly among farmers, and general concern over sluggish economy, said Mr Suphan Mongkolsuthi, president of Federation of Thai Industries.

The August TISI was based on an opinion survey from 1,204 industrial entrepreneurs covering 44 industrial clusters.

Mr Suphan said that purchasing orders, sale and production volumns for the month of August were on the downward trend reflecting the fragile global economic condition, high risks and domestic economic slowdown.

However, he said that business operators had placed hope on the government’s new economic stimulus packages directed at the small- and medium-siezed enterprises and the farming sector as well as accelerated government spending which would hopefully encourage the public to spend more and, hence, drive the economic vehicle.

Mr Suphan expected the index to pick up during the next three months due to anticipated increase in purchasing orders and sale.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/industrial-index-drops-eight-months-in-a-row

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-09-21

Life is always better in the next Quarter!

guitar.gif

I have yet to see a Thai bring bad news and not end with expectations of improvements in the future in the Newspapers. This has not changed in the 9 years that I have lived here. They never bring bad news and end with expecting more bad news.

The king of twisting truths was the white lie minister under Yingluck, who got caught out and said it was normal to lie to get confidence up.

I see it as impossible for Thailand to try and maintain their growth internally.. They want the consumer to be middle class purchasers but pay them slave wages.If they are over extented already where is their purchasing power?

Stimulus packages just pay back interest on debt.

Auto exports jump nearly 14% in August
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Thailand's automobile exports jumped by nearly 14 per cent in August and the industrial confidence index for the next three months became positive, according to reports issued by the Federation of Thai Industries Monday.

The FTI's automotive industry club reported that the country shipped 101,982 motor vehicles last month, up 13.88 per cent from August 2014. The increase was attributed to a commencement of exports of new pickup-truck models and continued good export performance of eco-cars. By value, last month exports grew by 23.44 per cent to Bt52.86 billion.

FTI chairman Supant Mongkolsuthree said the Thai Industries Sentiment Index dropped to 82.4 in August, from 83.0 in the previous month, its eighth consecutive monthly decline. However, the sub-index on expectations on the next three months edged up to 102.0 from 101.2 in July. Scores above 100 indicate positive sentiment.

The automotive club said it would maintain this year's export production target at 1.2 million vehicles but might lower the domestic sales target.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Auto-exports-jump-nearly-14-in-August-30269232.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-09-21

I see it as impossible for Thailand to try and maintain their growth internally.. They want the consumer to be middle class purchasers but pay them slave wages.If they are over extented already where is their purchasing power?

Stimulus packages just pay back interest on debt.

I think I know what you are trying to say, but you make it difficult by using "Thailand", "their" and "they" as if those 'labels' are equivalent. Of course, you might mean that 'they' pay 'them' is like moving money from left to right pocket.

I understand why industrial index drops again. I think this is going to be worse and Thailand will soon find out whether its fishing industry will be red-carded by the European Union for illegal, unreported and unregulated fishing, wish will make it drop even further.

Today there is a report about the Migrant and Child Labor in Thailand's Shrimp and Other Seafood Supply Chains, and this could be the end of the Thai shrimp export to EU and US.

But on the other hand US ignores own law to allow imports of Thai fish caught by slaves, but maybe this will change now

http://www.ilo.org/wcmsp5/groups/public/---asia/---ro-bangkok/documents/publication/wcms_402971.pdf

A rewritten quote .

Some of the big statements after people read the rapport, is this statement that the pending EU decision on Thai fisheries, means the ILO's recommendations need to be implemented urgently, especially given that last month, the EU said that more needs to be done to avoid a red card

Edited by carstenp

Why is it when they spoon feed negative news it is always followed by a "However"

However, he said that business operators had placed hope on the government’s new economic stimulus packages directed at the small- and medium-siezed enterprises and the farming sector as well as accelerated government spending which would hopefully encourage the public to spend more and, hence, drive the economic vehicle.

Spend more? borrow more? more debt hey the manure pile reaches to the ceiling now. Crystal ball economics at best.