Premium VPN Suggestions.....

Chivas

I was about to pay for Zenmate monthly to make use of the UK IP address to find they have doubled in price !! I was only saying week or so ago they had yearly plan on special offer.

Google throw up multiple suggestions. So am looking purely for an UK address, 19 other destinations will just go unused !

What are you guys using ?? I did like Zenmate with its single click operation.

PIA has been working very well for me over the last 4 months that I have been using them - they have two UK choices but admit I have never used them.

I've been using this for a few weeks as they were a lot cheaper than my previous provider, who weren't very good anyway.

But I quickly removed the awful PIA software and set up the connections using OpenVPN directly.

Speed using PIA is very good - currently using Singapore as below but US is only a bit slower - ISP is True 10 meg ADSL. I have no issues with there software - very simple to use but does the job and seems to be very good at stopping access if VPN lost.

4683102337.png4683118415.png4683123127.png4683127171.png

I have no issues with there software - very simple to use but does the job and seems to be very good at stopping access if VPN lost.

Their software runs constantly in the background and makes many odd connections to all sorts of strange servers, even when the VPN is not connected. It uses 20+% of my processor at idle. It also creates a random temporary process every time it starts. I dont like this at all. I also found that it loses the connection quite often and doesnt actually exit when closed, thus resulting in multiple instances when restarted. I dont like that either. As far as I can see it is just very badly written.

So I just use their setup data with OpenVPN, which is basically what their software does anyway but without the dross. This works perfectly and is easy to set up.

PIA has been working very well for me over the last 4 months that I have been using them - they have two UK choices but admit I have never used them.

I've been using this for a few weeks as they were a lot cheaper than my previous provider, who weren't very good anyway.

But I quickly removed the awful PIA software and set up the connections using OpenVPN directly.

Using this one over three years now... Yes, the client software may not be the best, but there are other methods - one being OpenVPN that you can use for connectivity.

• 2 weeks later...