Selling/Getting Rid of used electronics Phuket

KhunJai

I have a mac book pro(Mid 2009) 10k Baht , iphone 5S 11k baht, camera (new samsung mx 300) 12k baht and few other bits of tech gathering dust in the cupboards.

Signed up to numerous fb groups for Phuket buy and sell (what a waste of time, half the stuff on their is "shit" and half the people are time wasters).

Im not advertising for the top prices either just fair prices to relieve my self of the burden.

So now i'm curious whether there is some electronics shop or similar that i can take them too (who will likely sting me a few k baht on each which is ok) just to get shot of them.

Either Krabi or Phuket.

Any recommendations?

Classifieds section on TV maybe.

I'd rather have a shop to take them too, and leave immediately rather than keep creating adverts and responding to people, sure ill get fleeced a few baht on each, but thats better than wasting time creating adverts etc...

I'd rather have a shop to take them too, and leave immediately rather than keep creating adverts and responding to people, sure ill get fleeced a few baht on each, but thats better than wasting time creating adverts etc...

Fair comment.

Lots of pawn shops on the island that will take them. You'll get fleeced more than a few baht though.

FB groups work just fine if the price is right. There is an oversupply of used items at the moment on Phuket and everyone is expecting a bargain...

If you find the right place I would be interested to know about it too, we are getting calls from customers all the time offering us to buy their used computers, and I don't have a good idea where to direct them, apart from usual classifieds on different sites.

Edited by Gregory Morozov

I have to agree with the above poster, most people selling 2nd hand items seem to think they have a golden nugget instead of a low demand second hand product. Prices tend to be much higher than a reluctant market will pay, especially electronics where the specs on new products get higher on a monthly basis, while the prices keeps falling.

I find that the best thing to do with obsolete computers, is to give them away.

A nice, warm, fuzzy feeling is so much better than going through the aggravation of trying to sell something that is only a couple of steps away from being junk.

To be fare the money is going to our local temple charity that does not have much money (we have paid for their paintings and wall so far), so thats one of the reasons.

We had priced less than any advertised which is the confusing part, as it seems Thailand, everyone is selling, no one is buying (property included).

A nice, warm, fuzzy feeling is so much better than going through the aggravation of trying to sell something that is only a couple of steps away from being junk.

I agree - and the easiest way is to leave on the roadside beside your rubbish bin. Will be gone in a few minutes. Last week I ditched a mobile phone (works just fine but old style), still had the original box, put in the box with all the accessories. Walked outside, lay the box by the bin, junk collector rolled by, saw it and gave me a big thumbs up.

fleeced ?.... its called the cost of doing buisness .

I agree, KB.

My first choice of recipient has always been a random Burmese labourer.

Ha, I'm confused, obsolete? Not at all, just too many, and it never gets used, also 33,000 bahts worth of gear at my prices 10-15% less than other prices quotes on such pages where ive advertised.

Then to top it off, its mentioned the money goes to the Khok Yang Trang Wat. So how have we gone from, Near new equipment to obsolete, to giving it to the local burmese worker? - would you give a iphone 5s to a burmese worker (im interested) or a Samsung NX 3000 to a burmese worker? anyway less of the confusion, i think i have received enough information.

????

What on earth has that got to do with finding a shop that i can just take to, to save time, (not money) .

Ha, I'm confused, obsolete? Not at all, just too many, and it never gets used, also 33,000 bahts worth of gear at my prices 10-15% less than other prices quotes on such pages where ive advertised.

Then to top it off, its mentioned the money goes to the Khok Yang Trang Wat. So how have we gone from, Near new equipment to obsolete, to giving it to the local burmese worker? - would you give a iphone 5s to a burmese worker (im interested) or a Samsung NX 3000 to a burmese worker? anyway less of the confusion, i think i have received enough information.

a 6 year old computer is junk and certainly not worth 10K

To me its junk, to you also it appears. hence the reason it came out of the cupboard, but to others it is not

Same on ebay sell for 250.00 well over 10,000 baht. "Mac Book Pro Mid 2009" will bring up plenty of listings.

Anyway it sold for 10,000 baht earlier today, so thats an end to that one.

in regards to giving it to the wat. that would be of absolutely no use considering they need money not computers (very poor wat)

Anyway, "it was a question of where can this shit be taken" not are you interested in buying...

You've just spent two days posting about your stuff on this thread. You'd likely have sold it by bothering to advertise it in Classifieds by now huh.png

As an aside, I'm rarely in the market for castoffs but do agree a cursory glance at that fb group does rather point up people losing any idea of the true value of their junk. Somewhat akin to the 'second hand junk shops' here. In my home country I'd pick up antques/good quality stuff for a song. No such thing exists here. They've only very recently adopted the concept of 'furniture' over a bamboo mat to serve as bed/dining table/sofa. Better to buy new.

Yes, that was how I got rid of 25 metres of old garden hose yesterday.

Ah, it was you. Thanks mate.

My pleasure.

You can forage through my rubbish any time.

Always do mate - but won't mention the other stuff I found last week. whistling.gif

[Only kidding!]

Yes, that was how I got rid of 25 metres of old garden hose yesterday.

Ah, it was you. Thanks mate.

My pleasure.

You can forage through my rubbish any time.

Always do mate - but won't mention the other stuff I found last week. whistling.gif

[Only kidding!]

You must be talking about the fur-lined, sequinned jock-strap I chucked out last week. Enjoy!