PM Prayut to visit United States Sept 24-30

webfact

PM to visit United States Sept 24-30

pm.jpg

BANGKOK, 21 September 2015 (NNT) - Deputy Spokesperson to the Prime Minister’s Office Maj Gen Weerachon Sukhondhapatipak has announced the Prime Minister’s itinerary on his visit to the United States.

The Prime Minister will be in New York between September 24th and 30th to attend the United Nations General Assembly, where he will deliver his own address to the Assembly.

He will also attend a reception and dinner hosted by the President of the United States, meet with various business groups and chair an exhibition on the sufficiency economy philosophy.

The Prime Minister will also receive an award from the International Telecommunication Union as part of Thailand’s participation in the 150 year old organization.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-09-22 footer_n.gif

In his acceptance speech for the Telecoms award will he praise his predecessors elder brother for his significant past role in the telecoms industry?

See what I did then - managed to get the bogeyman in first post! Good or what!

Edited by JAG

If I am not mistaken unless he goes to the US he wont get to the UN, on the other hand I wish him all the success, for through him the eye's of the international community are judging Thailand , personally I couldn't give a toss about Prayut-O, it is the people of Thailand I hold hope for. coffee1.gif

He will also attend a reception and dinner hosted by the President of the United States, meet with various business groups and chair an exhibition on the sufficiency economy philosophy.

Wall Street HATES the Sufficiency Economy model --it prevents their getting their hands in other people's food, sovereignty and lives.

Good! thumbsup.gif

Edited by FangFerang

I hope democracy protesters in Bangkok do not time a mass demonstration to coincide with his trip. That would be illegal and wrong.

What would be entirely legal, though, would be some kind of activism at the UN meeting in free-speech-New York.

I expect that. Few to seem to understand Western diplomacy - the ancient craft of saying one thing and doing another.

Does anyone have a link to any news story of the US State Department or White House announcing President Obama is hosting a reception for this person? I can't find one, but then again, I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Past statements and announcements from various spokespersons have, in the past, been based on wishes, fabrications and dreams.

President Obama is not hosting a dinner only for the Thai Prime Minister- he is hosting it for a group of delegates and Country Heads who will also be attending an economic conference. The General is representing his country and yes he can speak English. Whether he will give his speech in English- that I doubt. Most people feel more comfortable in their native language.Let's wish him well. This is an important meeting for Thailand. He also has some side meetings- one of which is with the Turkish President/Prime Minister.

Does anyone have a link to any news story of the US State Department or White House announcing President Obama is hosting a reception for this person? I can't find one, but then again, I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Past statements and announcements from various spokespersons have, in the past, been based on wishes, fabrications and dreams.

You will notice there is no mention of the reception being held in his honour, which would be sung from the rooftops if it were the case. I think the media are making it into a grander affair than it actually will be, like the Buckingham palace garden party...

I hope democracy protesters in Bangkok do not time a mass demonstration to coincide with his trip. That would be illegal and wrong.

What would be entirely legal, though, would be some kind of activism at the UN meeting in free-speech-New York.

And emails to the press and politicians to wake them up about Obama legitimizing a general that hijacked an elected government in a military coup.

Google your favorite news pundits and your local U.S. representatives and cut and paste a message telling them what is being sneaked under the radar by the inept State Department.

And emails to the press and politicians to wake them up about Obama legitimizing a general that hijacked an elected government in a military coup.

I think there is insufficient thought given to the complete inappropriateness of generals giving orders to politicians.It should be the other way round and I expect Prayuth will be politely reminded of this when he is in New York.

The Daily Telegraph has a very relevant article in this subject - referring to an impertinent British General but with lots of lessons for Thailand.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/Jeremy_Corbyn/11881873/Generals-talking-about-politics-should-remember-whos-the-boss.html