Which simple I-phone to choose under 4K

Felt 35

Look for a cheap Nokia, Lenovo or Asus Zenphone. Should be able to find something suitable within your budget.

All phones in that range should do Facebook etc. otherwise no one in Thailand would buy. biggrin.png

The difference between lightest and heaviest probably only 50gms.

Look for a cheap Nokia, Lenovo or Asus Zenphone. Should be able to find something suitable within your budget.

All phones in that range should do Facebook etc. otherwise no one in Thailand would buy. biggrin.png

The difference between lightest and heaviest probably only 50gms.

Thanks then it will be either Nokia, Lenovo or Asus.....hmm Asus ....come to think about some fishing equipment.....biggrin.png

How good a camera will likely be your key factor - even non-smartphone as below will do browser/social media (but no touch screen). Camera is only 2 meg pixel (but fine for snapshots for computer viewing). I only use for basic phone/sms functions and a charge lasts about a week (which is what I wanted). And only 1,400 baht so no great loss if lost.

Nokia 220 Dual SIM-Black

http://www.lazada.co.th/nokia-220-dual-sim-8mb-black-1580259.html

How good a camera will likely be your key factor - even non-smartphone as below will do browser/social media (but no touch screen). Camera is only 2 meg pixel (but fine for snapshots for computer viewing). I only use for basic phone/sms functions and a charge lasts about a week (which is what I wanted). And only 1,400 baht so no great loss if lost.

Nokia 220 Dual SIM-Black

Thanks, that's it. There I have all I need. What about buying and delivery from Lazada is it ok.

Felt.

Nokia 220 Dual SIM-Black

Thanks, that's it. There I have all I need. What about buying and delivery from Lazada is it ok.

Felt.

That link is not a direct sale from Lazada stock so my experience has been from 2-7 days for pay on delivery items from 2nd party - normally 1-2 days if sold directly. But this is something you should be able to find in any mall type shop and price will be about the same. As said you might want to go with a real smart phone if you are interested in GPS - but expect most bike riders know where they are.

The glaring problem with that phone from Lazada is it's NOT 3G so within a few months it will be useless as 2G is being turned off next year for AIS and True and 2018 for DTAC. You MUST get one capable of using 3G for DTAC and True that's 850 & 2100 mhz for AIS that's 900 & 2100mhz.

There are many phones available that are similar to the Nokia. Samsung do a decent range of cheap feature phones (feature means they have a cut down version of Facebook etc)

As others have mentioned if you want proper applications and internet browsing then ALL of the Mobile networks offer lower cost phones usually with included freebies. Check out the branded shops and kiosks or look at the companies website. If you are older then a decent screen resolution is a plus. Look for 720p ( above 300ppi, pixels per inch) presuming a 4.5-5" screen.

Nokia 220 Dual SIM-Black

Bought already and even Thb 100,. less at Jaymart. Great phone...at least the thing I need on it.

If you want to use on the bicycle, then you may want something with GPS - as there are a lot of apps that use GPS to track your bike ride..

Look for pretty much any cheap Android phone with GPS.

I'm aware of that but I already have a Garmin GPS watch dedicated for multisport.

Nokia 220 Dual SIM-Black

Bought already and even Thb 100,. less at Jaymart. Great phone...at least the thing I need on it.

Well it's probably only good for a year before they turn off 2g. If you're on DTAC you will get a few more years.

Nokia 220 Dual SIM-Black

Well it's probably only good for a year before they turn off 2g. If you're on DTAC you will get a few more years.

I'm on Dtac and if my body holds up, I happily buy another one. I guess it come down to interests and principle. I honestly think its ok to not be to "available" when I ride but good to could call the emergency if something bad happen. Sports watches with or without GPS is another matter and thanks to a very good American friend, I have been in the position to get the Garmin GPS watches

from USA to Thailand since the first Forerunner models was available in USA back in 2003.

Edited by Felt 35

Nokia 220 Dual SIM-Black

I'm on Dtac and if my body holds up, I happily buy another one. I guess it come down to interests and principle. I honestly think its ok to not be to "available" when I ride but good to could call the emergency if something bad happen. Sports watches with or without GPS is another matter and thanks to a very good American friend, I have been in the position to get the Garmin GPS watches

from USA to Thailand since the first Forerunner models was available in USA back in 2003.

With DTAC you should be good until 2018. So nar problem!