Wife announces she doesn't want our son and leaves

Poryai ChaAm

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Lopburi ! Yes just have to come up with 12k US to do the combined to total 800k for retirement..wasn't sure if that was still in effect.. the guy at HH isn't clear some times ...Been here 11 years .( I do IMMI at Singkhon in HH) I have proof of pension income monthly (Over40k) .. it is all a bit overwhelming because it is totally out of the blue.. however if she has flown the coup for good.. it becomes an issue when renewal time comes as I will have to get to the 12k mark in bank acct again..to meet the retirement visa req which is why i was curious about the provisions regarding supporting a Thai child...am appreciative of the guidance and support from all at ThaiVisa.. you guys are a beacon in the wilderness and have always been a spot on source of clarity and suggestions.. am grateful for the clarity, opinions and info as still reeling from the bat to the head.. I intend to lay back as I can till a lil time passes ( your take on the soap opera is so true) but wanted to get my head started on a plan of action..the kid is still pretty distraught.. School semester break is coming up, so will feel a bit more relaxed to have him home.. Hope she doesn't go to school and snatch him between now and the 3rd.. I'm a wreck! Caught me completely off guard... thanks for the input

you can get the extension for supporting a thai, 400,000 in the bank

as long as ur name is on the birth certificate

I was told that for a child it must be 400,000 in the bank and they wont allow a combo method as i had a extension once for having a thai daughter.

or u can go the retirement COMBO method as u have 40,000/month pension u will need the balance ( 320,000) in the bank

my wife did the same almost but it involved worse shit, ( she tried to steal my daughter after realizing we did not want her back an demanded $$$$$$$)

i got a lawyer an went thru family court to get a divorce an got sole custody of her ( cost about 50,000 baht)

PS do u have both passports for ur kid? Others mentioned you can just move back to ur home country,

BUT to leave u might need a letter from ur wife saying she allows it and also without the family court paper stating ur the sole parent ur son cant get another passport as it takes both parents present or a letter fromthe one parent not present.

and trust me they asked each time we renewed her thai and us passport, until she was of legal age ( us 18, thai 20)

good luck

thais are a strange bunch aren't they :-)

Edited by phuketrichard

For child support visa you need 400k, I believe.

Could be the lowest cost visa. I know several parents in my son's school stay here on this. I don't know them well enough to ask, but ask your son's school. They should know, or know where you can ask for clear information.

As for the wife, hope the door hit her on the backside when she went out. Sounds like a handful you don't need at this time in your life.

I know a lady who walked away from 2 husbands ( with a single child involved each time) in almost an identical way ( excluding the soup). Both fathers really decent guys.

Ages of those involved. I really worry about a retired man having a 10 year old son. Its just not right.

I know a lady who walked away from 2 husbands ( with a single child involved each time) in almost an identical way ( excluding the soup). Both fathers really decent guys.

Ages of those involved. I really worry about a retired man having a 10 year old son. Its just not right.

Who says it is not right? You?

Based on what grounds?

I am 71, my son is 12 and my wife is 50.

If my wife died tomorrow who do you think will look after my son?

Santa Claus, the tooth fairy or me?

Not mentioned yet: Does the OP have any positive ties to his estranged wife's family? Anybody, if not family then maybe from the local community that is trustworthy and could serve as an intermediary and at least get a handle on what is going on with her?

So far, and understandably, this thread has focused on demonizing the wife but a part of me wonders if she is having severe mental health issues. Thai's are not encouraged to spill their problems and anxieties to therapists and there are very few mental health professionals available. I had a GF in the US who had a fairly rapid onset of severe, almost debilitating depression and semi-violent, seemingly inexplicable rages were a part of that.

I'm not suggesting that the OP forgive and forget...he has his son's and his own life to worry about but when something like this comes out of the blue, there is usually something behind it.

I wish the OP well whatever happens. I do hope he issues an update to his situation.

Based on what grounds?

18 year graduates from high skool and pops is near 80. Its just not right.

Based on what grounds?

Who are you to say what us right and what is not?

You can't even spell school. Pops is not a real word.

I am his father and he calls me Daddy

You have NO idea what you are talking about.

You cannot even answer the question that I asked.

What grounds are you objecting on? What qualifications do you have?

Based on what grounds?

So son and his hi-so thai chinese wife have a baby. Son asks mom to go to TESCO and get some diapers. Mom looks a bit puzzled and asks son for whom, precious baby or GRAMPS. Its just not right!

Based on what grounds?

So son and his hi-so thai chinese wife have a baby. Son asks mom to go to TESCO and get some diapers. Mom looks a bit puzzled and asks son for whom, precious baby or GRAMPS. Its just not right!

Poor try at obfuscation. If you cannot answer my fairly simple questions quote "

What grounds are you objecting on? What qualifications do you have?"

Why are you bothering to reply?

My son at 12 years old knows the difference which is far more than you seem to do.

He knew the difference between his grandmother who at 68 started to use them at night and our neighbours son who finally left them behind at 2 and a bit years old and he was only 10 then.

Are you married and do you have any children at all?