Three people arrested in Phatum Thani for allegedly selling guns on Facebook

webfact

Three people arrested in Phatum Thani for allegedly selling guns on Facebook

gun.jpg
Image: Khaosod.co.th

PHATUM THANI:-- Three people have been arrested for alledgy selling guns on Facebook, police said on Tuesday.

The two men and a woman were arrested in Phatum Thani after police raided three properties in the Khlong Luang and Thanyaburi areas of the province.

During the raids police seized an M3 submachine gun, three pistols, a .22 calibre homemade pen gun, a bulletproof vest, four walkie talkies and 449 rounds of ammunition used with a AK 47 and M16 assault rifles.

Thai news site Khaosod reports that police made the arrests following a tip off that the weapons had been advertised for sale on Facebook.

During questioning, one of those arrested, Mr Witthaya Pakla, 36, told police about his love of guns and allegedly confessed to his involvement. However, his wife, Mrs Pipat Phakla, 35, has so far denied being involved. It is alleged that the the third suspect, Mr Kochasit Surasit, 32, has also confessed to police.

Khaosod also reports that Mr Pakla admitted selling two handmade guns to a college student from Bangkok for 800 baht each.

Mr Kochasit also said he offered a gun repair and maintenance service after learning how repair a variety of different guns from watching videos online.

The three suspects have been charged with illegally possessing firearms and ammunition.

tvn.png
-- 2015-09-23

Wow. Kids can buy a gun for less than 25USD. No wonder gun related killings are off the hook.

No wonder banning law abiding citizens from owning proper firearms is the stupidest thing I've ever heard of.

The criminals can make a home made gun from almost nothing.

Edited by jaywalker

Well this should be a lesson for everyone not only about guns but also facebook as these kids will realize that people are watching what you say and do on social media. so be aware.

Facebook is truly an enigma to me. I just don't get it.

Wow. Kids can buy a gun for less than 25USD. No wonder gun related killings are off the hook.

No wonder banning law abiding citizens from owning proper firearms is the stupidest thing I've ever heard of.

But law abiding citizens aren't banned from owning 'proper' firearms in Thailand.

So, what is your point? huh.png

But law abiding citizens aren't banned from owning 'proper' firearms in Thailand.

So, what is your point? huh.png

Yes, but they don't make it easy!

All guns should be banned for civilians. Just look at the incidents in the USA

However, his wife, Mrs Pipat Phakla, 35, has so far denied being involved.

I would be lenient on the wife, but only if she was wearing a "I'm with Stupid" t-shirt.

If she is with stupid, the she was with stupid. How stupid is that? Let's just hope they don't reproduce.