Govt orders great firewall of Thailand

webfact

If it is a website, it can be blocked. Yes there are ways around however for the average joe who subscribes to sites such as Hola, Surfeasy etc, they are easily blocked. Im of the mindset if you have nothing to hide, why block it. Of course there are things to hide in Thailand, that's why they might actually do it.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So now they are slowly shutting the door on the IT earners and with tourist visa and over stayers trying to earn money on line from there darken rooms just off walking street. They slammed the door shut slowly on the ed visa is this going the same way? Cutting back your earning power till you move on out of Thailand???whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

Don't worry, the public backlash will be overwhelming.

Even if they push ahead with the laws, the next civilian government can always repeal the laws.

The previous government already put a firewall there some sites are already blocked, so don't be too sure of that. For the record i am against this kind of thing but just try opening the dailymail and you will see its blocked. So its not a new thing..

Yes they are blocking sites now, but not a firewall, but DNS routing, wish you just need a DNS server outside Thailand to be able to read the blocked sites. What they are talking about now is much worsen

The fanbois are going to have a tough time selling this turd. When will they have an inkling that they have backed the wrong horse?

Still, this will be good....

Why would someone in favor of the junta agree with everything they do. Did you agree with Thaksin letting his guys bomb and kill people ?

This is just crazy and should not be done. However a simple VPN and you can access all the sites you want, or you just use the tor network.

Hooray! The first 'But, but Thaksin' post of the thread: A thread which is nothing to do with him or his family. Couldn't leave him out, now could we?

No it was an example of something I thought you would not have supported even though you support the red cause ? I just gave an example but I guess it went way over your head.

Did you agree with everything the previous government did ? I guess you did not.. Same goes for me I don't agree with everything the junta does.

I don't even agree with everything the government did that I voted in back in my home country.

But go on trying to score cheap points, I had expected more of you.

You cannot blame people to jump on you when you make such a remark.

There is one junta-fanboy posting here regularly who uses that exact same reply to defend everything the junta does ("but taksin" & "blow up kids and then cheer").

Your reply is actual much more sensible and valid for the point you are making.

The fanbois are going to have a tough time selling this turd. When will they have an inkling that they have backed the wrong horse?

Why would someone in favor of the junta agree with everything they do. Did you agree with Thaksin letting his guys bomb and kill people ?

This is just crazy and should not be done. However a simple VPN and you can access all the sites you want, or you just use the tor network.

Not actually Sparky. They can block VPNs very easily if they are really serious. Contrary to popular belief, VPNs can be blocked.

Not all VPNs can be easily blocked. Depends on the protocol and where you access a VPN server. Cat and mouse strategies required. Prepare now for this new TH policy.

Indeed, there will always be ways around it for those with half a brain.

Even if they push ahead with the laws, the next civilian government can always repeal the laws.

The previous government already put a firewall there some sites are already blocked, so don't be too sure of that. For the record i am against this kind of thing but just try opening the dailymail and you will see its blocked. So its not a new thing..

Yes they are blocking sites now, but not a firewall, but DNS routing, wish you just need a DNS server outside Thailand to be able to read the blocked sites. What they are talking about now is much worsen

I did not know it was dns based, i use google DNS so I expected I would have no problems But I still have.. until i switch on one of the VPN's

5555 Does this mean that nobody in Thailand will be able to read Thai Visa anymore? The Junta is only doing this so that nobody can tell the truth about them. They will probably have to have another coup to get rid of these clowns in charge once things get so bad.

Hooray! The first 'But, but Thaksin' post of the thread: A thread which is nothing to do with him or his family. Couldn't leave him out, now could we?

No it was an example of something I thought you would not have supported even though you support the red cause ? I just gave an example but I guess it went way over your head.

Did you agree with everything the previous government did ? I guess you did not.. Same goes for me I don't agree with everything the junta does.

I don't even agree with everything the government did that I voted in back in my home country.

But go on trying to score cheap points, I had expected more of you.

You cannot blame people to jump on you when you make such a remark.

There is one junta-fanboy posting here regularly who uses that exact same reply to defend everything the junta does ("but taksin" & "blow up kids and then cheer").

Your reply is actual much more sensible and valid for the point you are making.

There are quite a few things of the junta that I disagree with though i still support them and think the current PM is a walking PR disaster. Just think its less bad as the previous group in power.

But I think its logical that nobody ever supports someone 100% especially in politics. There will never be a party that fully does what you want. Even in my home country where we don't have a 2 party system and quite a few political parties there are always policies that I don't agree with in the party I vote for.

This is one thing I am 100% against and think its a giant step back.

Hmmm, in a country where the education system fosters 'unthinking', to the vast bulk of the Thai population this wont mean a damn bit of difference; but to the thinking and educated just another hurdle. My worry is that if this crowd stay in power for too long, it would not take much for them to orchestrate a push against foreigners and their evil ways. It may however work against them though inasmuch as it may stir up some healthy resistance..... or...maybe that is what he wants????

I did not know it was dns based, i use google DNS so I expected I would have no problems But I still have.. until i switch on one of the VPN's

Don't use google. Search on the internet a example https://www.opendns.com/home-internet-security/

Edited by carstenp

Don't know if it's just me, but I've found that the internet has been significantly stickier in recent weeks, with some webpages taking several attempts to load and what appears to be short down-periods. It occurred to me a while ago that the government has been experimenting with some kind of monitoring/filtering system..

5555 Does this mean that nobody in Thailand will be able to read Thai Visa anymore? The Junta is only doing this so that nobody can tell the truth about them. They will probably have to have another coup to get rid of these clowns in charge once things get so bad.

I guess the junta tolerate Thai Visa as it's been seeded with their propagandists who are presumably paid by the post.

I guess the junta tolerate Thai Visa as it's been seeded with their propagandists who are presumably paid by the post.

Yes your right I have seen them too but usually not on the junta his side. A lot popped up during the anti government demonstrations.

Not actually Sparky. They can block VPNs very easily if they are really serious. Contrary to popular belief, VPNs can be blocked.

Not all VPNs can be easily blocked. Depends on the protocol and where you access a VPN server. Cat and mouse strategies required. Prepare now for this new TH policy.

You should be ok then.

I guess they are aiming to be the digital hub of ASEAN.

Yes and Chiang mai and Phuket will be the new sillicon valleys of Thailand, the land of the free.

And again this is costing them a lot of investing company's and jobs. Good paying jobs so Thailand can become a high income country within 10 years gigglem.gif

But i don;t understand why this is? Are there illegal political party's operating on the web?

Edited by Thian

You should be ok then.

Im quite sure I will be ok and so will other members who have a bit more as basic computer skills. That does not mean I like the plan as it would probably mean that international sites would load even slower. Many people downloading torrents and others would suffer too. Just a stupid idea, hope there will a big public backlash.

You should be ok then.

No way around it for you then jesimps ! clap2.gif