Do they ever grow up?

senor123

My missus is 38, she is well educated and well traveled but addicted to Face Book.

Recently someone, who is not a friend of hers either socially or on Face Book accused her on her Face Book of sleeping with, and being pregnant to, some guy that my missus doesn't know. Obviously a nutter and a person who should be dismissed out of hand.

However my missus wanted to pursue the matter and now wants to sue this woman that she doesn't know, has never met, and who doesn't live anywhere near her.

I told her to forget it as it is all part of some sort of cyberspace psycho "too much time on your hands" type of thing and besides, I wasn't paying for a lawyer.

When I asked her what she hoped to achieve she told me that her reputation had been besmirched.

I told her to close her f**** Face Book account and spend the time doing something useful.

Anyone else had this type of experience? It is all pretty bizarre to me but then I don't use Face Book.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I've had a few gf's who have been addicted to FB and other social media, at least get her to set her security in FB to only friends on her list can view pictures and leave messages might surprise you how many leave there pages open for the world to see....

Grow up and become like what? Like the girls and ladies in the west. These idiots are exactly the same there!!

Everybody seems to be on something these days...

So the old "say" - "get a hobby", is maybe what we have got here with this facebook-shit!!!

Naeeee forget it, sitting there like idiots and reading, textin,g and looking on all this shit-photographs...

Such a waste of time...

Glegolo...

Well, that is the thing isn't it. Unfortunately, Thai and other Asian women do not have the maturity level that their western sisters usually have by the same age. It can be a bit disconcerting and irksome. It has disrupted many a marriage and relationship with western men who tend to get tired of it over extended time. I had a similar occurrence many years ago when some unknown woman called my house early on Sunday morning to tell my wife I was sleeping with another woman at that moment and if she came over she would take her to where I was. My wife thought about it then told the woman she would ask me if she could go as soon as I got out of the bathroom. My late wife wasn't Asian and only laughed at their immaturity here in Asia. Now my second wife was Asian and the immaturity eventually got to me. C'est la vie.

So what????? What are all you brain surgeons doing? I will bet many of you are sitting on your fat <deleted>...drinking beer....watching some football...sleeping....getting ready to deink beer or sitting your fat arse in a bar somewhere. Let them play FB if they want. Do you think they would like a little more out of you!! Really...calm down.

So what????? What are all you brain surgeons doing? I will bet many of you are sitting on your fat <deleted>...drinking beer....watching some football...sleeping....getting ready to deink beer or sitting your fat arse in a bar somewhere. Let them play FB if they want. Do you think they would like a little more out of you!! Really...calm down.

Grow up and become like what? Like the girls and ladies in the west. These idiots are exactly the same there!!

Everybody seems to be on something these days...

So the old "say" - "get a hobby", is maybe what we have got here with this facebook-shit!!!

Naeeee forget it, sitting there like idiots and reading, textin,g and looking on all this shit-photographs...

Such a waste of time...

Glegolo...

Yes good I agree with you

I know one, a 23-year-old from Chiang Mai, who is the most beautiful girl I've ever seen in my 65 years and many years in Asia. So she gets off being in love with herself (she even admits it in several photo posts). She takes sexy pics of herself and has 4,500 followers and is a nasty piece of work. Works out hours a day to show off her six-pack abs and suggestive views of her bottom in tight panties. I've met her and of course she believes she is a royal princess. True, at least she's a local univ. graduate, and an Air Asia ground staff trainee, but her real job for now is behind a shopping mall information desk. But the worst case of narcissism I've seen in Thailand--something like a sexy high-school girl would be in the States (where, by the way, any airline or competent HR department would look at her FB for hints of what kind of person she might be).

Edited by Dustdevil

My missus is 38, she is well educated and well traveled but addicted to Face Book.

Recently someone, who is not a friend of hers either socially or on Face Book accused her on her Face Book of sleeping with, and being pregnant to, some guy that my missus doesn't know. Obviously a nutter and a person who should be dismissed out of hand.

However my missus wanted to pursue the matter and now wants to sue this woman that she doesn't know, has never met, and who doesn't live anywhere near her.

I told her to forget it as it is all part of some sort of cyberspace psycho "too much time on your hands" type of thing and besides, I wasn't paying for a lawyer.

When I asked her what she hoped to achieve she told me that her reputation had been besmirched.

I told her to close her f**** Face Book account and spend the time doing something useful.

Anyone else had this type of experience? It is all pretty bizarre to me but then I don't use Face Book.

it's all about showing off and jealousy in Thailand and Facebook is the perfect vehicle. We've had our share of Facebook generated dramas. You can actually go to the police here and they will act on slander (if u grease the wheels a bit). But really at the end of the day it's all so childish. I'm constantly trying to educate mine. Before you post something...why? Will it cause I'll feeling? Will it benefit? Is there a chance it will cause a problem? If so don't do it. I'm sure some think facebook is their "real" life...Not just for fun and sharing photos and ideas

Ok good on you the man is just asking about what we all think and you get on here and have a go at us I agree with him 1 million % some people need to get a life and get out side and do some from of exercise and not seat all day on the phone or I pad , not like when I was young we were out side all day playing football and sorry to say most thai lady's have the Think like a 16 year old

Facebook is a big thing with Thai's. Personally I do not get involved in it, I guess I would call it an internet soap opera, and yes Candy Crush is all the craze..... Facebook seems to cause more problems than I have ever experienced. My point is do not put your shit on this interface. And yes as some have pointed out, some Thai women do act immaturely. My wife is the same, great pouters,

and want to cry if you do not give them the things that they want. They are for the most part great gossipers. Any questions?rolleyes.gif

Not long ago I would come home from a meal out with the missus, she would close the door and then proceed to tell me what I should not have said at the table with our friends, scolding me for not understanding Asian culture. This would escalate a bit until she was flying around the room thrashing her arms and legs around, knocking stuff over and hurling abuse at me,, so a normal end to the night for most with an Asian girlfriend.

Then bought her a tablet and Facebook entered her life, now she walks in closes the door and disappears peacefully into her cyber world reading crap about people she does not know,, thank heaven for Facebook.

Personally, I find that reading stuff abut people that I never gave ten sh*ts about a depressing way to live, and I do not need to see a picture of the Macdonalds meal that someone I barely know had for dinner.