Looking for: Local Thai Debit Card Without Foreign Transaction Fee

Usually Thai banks charge a foreign transaction fee (2.5%) when you use your card abroad or on the internet if a foreign currency is involved.

However in Europe & North America some banks offer debit cards without foreign transaction fee.

Is there a local bank in Thailand which offers that?

So fare I have checked:

- Citibank

- Bangkok Bank

- Krung Thai Bank

- Kasikorn

- Standard Chartered

- UOB

However all of them charge an 2.5% extra fee.

Hahahahahahahahaha.......

And I repeat, hahahahahahahahaha . . .

I wish you luck my friend . . .

The best thing you can do is get a debit card on a foreign account that has no fees, like Schwab, and extricate yourself from the Thai banking system, which is riddled with fees.

TMB has a "no fee" account that you can use to make in country bank to bank transfers free. In my eight+ years here, I have learned, and no longer pay ANY fees to Thai banks.

The standard for American cards used abroad is 1% which is the fee that Visa & MasterCard charge back to the bank. If the fee is more than 1% it is simple profiteering by the bank; a fee for doing nothing.

There are some American cards that charge no fee which means the bank is eating the 1% fee on your behalf, since it has to be paid by somebody. So... I'm just curious what is the "standard fee" charged by Thai card issuers to banks for international transactions. If the standard fee is 2.5%, good luck finding a bank that is willing to eat that fee on your behalf.