Vietnamese victims of Thai shootings take legal action against attackers

webfact

Vietnamese victims of Thai shootings take legal action against attackers

sfAvjj3h-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The wife of a Vietnamese fisherman who was shot dead by the crew of a Thai police ship nearly two weeks ago has carried out procedures to sue the attackers for compensation, Tuoi Tre News reported.

Nguyen Thi Kim Phuong, the spouse of Ngo Van Sinh, who died at 38 after being shot by Thai coast guard officers, contacted a representative of Ho Chi Minh City-based Ha Hai & Associates Law Office on Tuesday for help with the legal proceedings in her husband’s death.

Lawyer Ha Hai had announced that his firm was willing to provide free consultancy on such a lawsuit for Sinh’s relatives as well as the two fishers injured in the attacks, during which the crew of the ship Thai Police 528 opened fire on six Vietnamese fishing boats on September 11 off the Mekong Delta province of Kien Giang.

The Thais maintained that the location of the shootings lies about 40km from their Narathiwat Province, which means it is well within Thailand’s waters.

Meanwhile, the Vietnam Fisheries Resources Surveillance Department underlined that the site is in the waters between Vietnam and Malaysia.

Sinh was the captain and steersman of one of the fishing boats while Nguyen Hung Cuong, one of the two injured people, is the captain and steersman of another local ship.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/vietnamese-victims-of-thai-shootings-take-legal-action-against-attackers

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-09-24

The Thais maintained that the location of the shootings lies about 40km from their Narathiwat Province, which means it is well within Thailand’s waters.

Meanwhile, the Vietnam Fisheries Resources Surveillance Department underlined that the site is in the waters between Vietnam and Malaysia.

I know who I believe but unfortunately the victims will not see any Justice from any Thai authority cause of the sick Loose Face Culture ...

I know who I believe but unfortunately the victims will not see any Justice from any Thai authority cause of the sick Loose Face Culture ...

"....sick Loose Face Culture ..."

There are several hospitals in Bangkok offering services to people with loose faces. It is known as rhytidectomy or a face lift..

It is a way for people with money to lose their wrinkles.

I can just picture the Viet Army up against the Thai Army.

RTA would be running around trying to find their shirts & hats & all those stolen M16's as the Viet's blast through.

Thai and Vietnamese troops clashed frequently in Cambodia, generally close to the Thai border, for many years until the full withdrawal of Vietnamese troops from Cambodia after the Vietnamese had overthrown the Khmer Rouge who received refuge, arms, funding, training and troop support from the Thais.

I can just picture the Viet Army up against the Thai Army.

RTA would be running around trying to find their shirts & hats & all those stolen M16's as the Viet's blast through.

Thai and Vietnamese troops clashed frequently in Cambodia, generally close to the Thai border, for many years until the full withdrawal of Vietnamese troops from Cambodia after the Vietnamese had overthrown the Khmer Rouge who received refuge, arms, funding, training and troop support from the Thais.

Who, did what????

I have worked with the RTA all over Thailand.

Last time (the time I gave up) we were scheduled to do a 1,000 km road trip/test drive of a new Humvee engine.

We got about 5 km out the front gate in Korat & it ran out of fuel.

I had JUST replaced the fuel gauge & removed/replaced the fuel tank and sending unit.

They had simply forgotten to put fuel in it.

It was a brand new 6.5 liter diesel engine & was not even broken in at all, yet the driver managed to break the speedometer with it.

That is what impressed them most of all.

Edited by jaywalker

ASEAN will take care of all these misunderstanding...

sorry for the wife. the Vietnamese are so much better educated. not at all surprised the wife knew just what to do.

Thai government paid 300,000 baht compensation for Thai bombing victims, I wonder what a Vietnamese fisherman is worth?

sad...

Who, did what????

Last time (the time I gave up) we were scheduled to do a 1,000 km road trip/test drive of a new Humvee engine.

I had JUST replaced the fuel gauge & removed/replaced the fuel tank and sending unit.

It was a brand new 6.5 liter diesel engine & was not even broken in at all, yet the driver managed to break the speedometer with it.

Hardly a big deal, someone overlooked re-fueling, so what?

How does a driver "break" a speedometer without physically causing damage to it? Do you mean that the speedo just stopped working along the lines of faulty manufacture or are you bizarrely suggesting that just by driving the vehicle he was able to break it?

Edited by Sviss Geez

Who, did what????

How does a driver "break" a speedometer without physically causing damage to it? Do you mean that the speedo just stopped working along the lines of faulty manufacture or are you bizarrely suggesting that just by driving the vehicle he was able to break it?

Hardly relevant just like some of your comments in most of the threads on here!

Have you ever been in the military or transport industry? New fuel tanks don't come with a full tank of fuel!

It's the drivers responsibility to make sure that their is a full tank of fuel before leaving camp especially before a 1,000km road trip!

Common sense prevails!

... training and troop support from the Thais USA who prefered a group of auto-genociders over commies from whom they had lost an illegal war.

Who, did what????

"Hardly a big deal, someone overlooked re-fueling, so what?". During my career in the military, we lived by the mantra of "Train in peacetime, for service in combat". People that have served, know of the consequences of seemingly benign things, such as overlooking re-fueling. In the military, failure to pay attention to detail, can have disastrous results.

​Forget to re-fuel; forget to set the parking brake on an incline with a load of ammunition in the back of the truck; forget to put the cotter pin in a towing pintle while pulling a fuel trailer and on and on. Not so important it may seem...who knows?

In the professional Army I served in, I know that "overlooking" would have resulted in more than a dismissive statement by the uninitiated.

"...are you bizarrely suggesting that just by driving the vehicle he was able to break it?". I'm not sure what the poster meant, but it fails the test of being "bizarre" on face value.

ASEAN will take care of all these misunderstanding...

sorry for the wife. the Vietnamese are so much better educated. not at all surprised the wife knew just what to do.

Thai government paid 300,000 baht compensation for Thai bombing victims, I wonder what a Vietnamese fisherman is worth?

sad...

I dont understand why shots were even fired.

Who, did what????

I'm "suggesting' that a HMMWV is a High Mobility, Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle.

Note the lack of the term "high speed".

The speedometer only goes to 60 MPH/100 KPH & the driver got it up about 100 MPH/160 KPH.

As it was a cable-driven device, it twisted the entire gage around in the instrument panel.