Bangkok blast: Suspect 'confesses' he planted Erawan shrine bomb

webfact

As I have said before all this is very easy to verify if they wanted to. Just make him reenact what he did and view it from same CCTV camera as before, if its the same guy his height will give it away, if he's not the guy the CCTV footage will be obviously different

I don't get it you guys didn't see the news by the Nation posted this morning 1am or are you guys ignoring it the picture shows him clearly after he changed clothes at Lumpinee Park

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Suspect-confesses-he-planted-shrine-bomb-30269521.html?

Agreed, that is definitely the same guy. So why hasn't the police shared this knowledge until now, and why are they saying that some guy in Malaysia is the bomber? The best police in the world? Yeah right...

The Thai police did not say the Malaysian have the bomber it is the Malaysian that said they believe they have the bomber now we know why the Thai police were not interested and you guys were bashing them at that time well because they have the real bomber. They might not have made it public because they might have wanted some more info by playing dumb

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

National police chief General Somyot Poompanmuang yesterday declined to confirm that Karadag was the bomber. But he said he believed the police had evidence to prove so.

"For me, Thai police are the best in the world. I believe police have evidence, but I can't disclose anything further about this," he said.

Best in the world at ...................

Corruption!!!!!

Less than the last government and the Malaysian PM

As I have said before all this is very easy to verify if they wanted to. Just make him reenact what he did and view it from same CCTV camera as before, if its the same guy his height will give it away, if he's not the guy the CCTV footage will be obviously different

I don't get it you guys didn't see the news by the Nation posted this morning 1am or are you guys ignoring it the picture shows him clearly after he changed clothes at Lumpinee Park

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Suspect-confesses-he-planted-shrine-bomb-30269521.html?

Agreed, that is definitely the same guy. So why hasn't the police shared this knowledge until now, and why are they saying that some guy in Malaysia is the bomber? The best police in the world? Yeah right...

The Thai police did not say the Malaysian have the bomber it is the Malaysian that said they believe they have the bomber now we know why the Thai police were not interested and you guys were bashing them at that time well because they have the real bomber. They might not have made it public because they might have wanted some more info by playing dumb

"playing dumb". That's enough to deserve a financial reward.

"playing dumb". That's enough to deserve a financial reward.

They got the bomber didn't they

"For me, Thai police are the best in the world. I believe police have evidence, but I can't disclose anything further about this."

Stopped me dead in my tracks. My jaw is on the ground a few kilometres behind me. Does this chief clown even know the number of people pointing fingers at his entourage and laughing their <deleted> off???

"For me, Thai police are the best in the world. I believe police have evidence, but I can't disclose anything further about this."

Stopped me dead in my tracks. My jaw is on the ground a few kilometres behind me. Does this chief clown even know the number of people pointing fingers at his entourage and laughing their <deleted> off???

He is right. Thai police are the best in the world - providing you are both a billionaire and a criminal. When the rich criminal says "Jump", the police ask "How high?"

Again agreed. I was a bit confused with the statements coming out of Malaysia. Not that you can blame me given how often the Thai police give out conflicting statements.

Having said that I still think they are a idiots even though this time they did a good job. And making statements that this was not a terrorist attack doesn't help them either. Although I do understand that the supreme leader most likely had a hand in that.

Thai police claim first suspect they arrested is Bangkok shrine bomber

BANGKOK: -- Authorities say the man identified as Adem Karadag was seen on CCTV, despite earlier saying it was unlikely either of the two men detained were the bomber

Thai police on Saturday said a foreigner held in custody over last month’s deadly Bangkok attack was the same yellow-shirted man seen on CCTV placing a rucksack at the shrine moments before the blast.

Authorities have earlier said it was unlikely that either of the two men detained over the 17 August blast, which left 20 dead, were the bomber in what has been an often confusing and contradictory police investigation.

On Saturday national police spokesman Prawut Thavornsiri said the investigators now claimed the first arrested suspect, a man police identified as Adem Karadag whose nationality remains unconfirmed, was the bomber.

Prawut alleged he placed the bomb at the shrine then called a motorbike taxi and changed his shirt at a restroom in nearby Lumpini Park.

Karadag’s lawyer – who says his client’s real name is Bilal Mohammed – could not immediately be reached for comment but earlier this week had cast doubt on rumours of his confession to the crime and has said his client was not in the country at the time of the attack.

The suspect now faces up to eight charges including premeditated murder, Prawut said.

Karadag is due to undergo a reenactment of his alleged role in the crime – a standard Thai police procedure – starting at the shrine.

Read More: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/26/thai-police-claim-first-suspect-they-arrested-is-bangkok-shrine-bomber

--TheGuardian 2015-09-26

Maybe they are forced to say this as they dont want to hand back that 3 million baht reward they paid themselves.

Joking aside, for the sake of the victims and those injured, I hope this guy is the real bomber so justice can be served.

This Bangkok bomb case is even more of a mess than Koh Tao murder in my opinion.

So many conflicting stories every day.

Karadag confesses to be Erawan Shrine bomber

1512-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Adem Karadag or Mohammed Bilaturk has confessed to be the person who planted the powerful bomb at the Erawan Shrine.

According to Metropolitan Police Bureau deputy spokesman Pol Col Ekarak Limsangkart, Karadag confessed to the team of metropolitan police which went to interrogate him at the 11th Army Infantry Regiment’s detention centre yesterday.

But he said the police have yet to look for evidence to verify his confession.

He said the police still did not fully trust his confession until evidence could be gathered to confirm he had planted the bomb.

It needs several steps to ensure if his confession was true, he said.

He asked for a few more days to verify the confession before “good news” could be announced.

Meanwhile Royal Thai Police commissioner Pol Gen Somyot Poompanmuong confirmed Karadag is not a scapegoat, but evidence collected so far pointed to him.

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2015-09-25

Seems a bit short on man-power to listen to a confession - I don't see uncle Tom Cobly anywhere.

Sack the photographer. He took the shot before the police had chance to get their pointy fingers out.

I live in the immediate area. The police convoy moved from Ratchaprasong down Rtchadamri and stopped in front of the Anantara (old Four Seasons). Snapped a few photos from by balcony, but Anantara blocked my view of the culprit and I was too lazy to go down. Just now the convoy left to head toward Lumpini Park. Quite the zoo.