One Pattaya village’s drainage problem becomes another’s disaster

Rimmer

One Pattaya village’s drainage problem becomes another’s disaster

n4floods.jpg

PATTAYA:--The lack of a proper drainage system under East Pattaya’s Eakmongkol Village 8, off Khao Talo Soi 3, is creating havoc for residents of neighboring Darapan Village 5.

The crisis became evident again during a routine storm Sept. 10 when Daraphan residents suffered inundation from runoff that hit Eakmongkol, where a working drainage system is only in the beginning stages of development.

After previous complaints from Daraphan, Pattaya workers installed cement barriers between the two villages, hoping to block the water and solve the problem while they install a proper drainage system. But it didn’t work, with both sewage and storm runoff flowing into Daraphan

- See more at: http://www.pattayamail.com/news/one-pattaya-village-s-drainage-problem-becomes-another-s-disaster-51495#sthash.FiZJAWYz.dpuf

pattayamaillogo.png
-- Pattaya Mail 2015-09-25 footer_n.gif

Typical for cowboy developers that do not have to follow well developed plans controlled by a city planning department staffed by qualified architects and engineers. It will be years before city planning departments may actually be formed such that they actually start to do the job they were created for.

A bit like the dick who built a wall between the end of my garden and his. Conveniently blocking off the natural run off to the nearby stream. For the last two years, our bungalow has been flooded to a depth of two feet on quite a few occasions. My wife insists that Thais can do what they like on their own land and please don't break the relationship. Relationship? I'd like to drag him into our area and duck the b*****d.crazy.gif

A bit like the dick who built a wall between the end of my garden and his. Conveniently blocking off the natural run off to the nearby stream. For the last two years, our bungalow has been flooded to a depth of two feet on quite a few occasions. My wife insists that Thais can do what they like on their own land and please don't break the relationship. Relationship? I'd like to drag him into our area and duck the b*****d.crazy.gif

But my understanding is, if he built a wall between your two properties 50% belongs to you, so you should be able to knock a few drainage holes in it if this would help the situation.

Typical for cowboy developers that do not have to follow well developed plans controlled by a city planning department staffed by qualified architects and engineers. It will be years before city planning departments may actually be formed such that they actually start to do the job they were created for.

I remember a "qualified Architect" who wanted to fit a chandeler at 45 degree angle. He had no idea how to do the job properly so it hung vertical. I showed him hw to do it but you could see he had no idea. Thai qualifications are dubious in nature

I remember a "qualified Architect" who wanted to fit a chandeler at 45 degree angle. He had no idea how to do the job properly so it hung vertical. I showed him hw to do it but you could see he had no idea. Thai qualifications are dubious in nature

To be fair, architects aren't expected to be qualified to hang a chandelier.

They have to follow the Building Contract Act and the Town and City Planning Act of Thailand, if there was no control there would be a lot more problems.

Why not dig down next to the wall on your side, and a little side ways under the wall and see

what mother nature does?

rice555

But my understanding is, if he built a wall between your two properties 50% belongs to you, so you should be able to knock a few drainage holes in it if this would help the situation.

That would be the obvious answer. But, as he surrounded his property with a wall without drainage holes which I had suggested to him to install, so when it rained, he was flooded. What did he do? He had truck loads of soil dumped to raise his garden by two feet plus. For me to dig under the wall would help him, by draining his water back into my garden. He finally put drainage holes on one side adjacent to the road. A large mango tree was blown down in his garden last week. I wonder if his antics caused this?

I had a local guy install a U-bend under my sink horizontally, always up for a laugh these guys.

Edited by jacko45k

Why not dig down next to the wall on your side, and a little side ways under the wall and see

what mother nature does?

rice555

Yeah, why not? Then, next time it rains, the saturated soil will collapse--causing 'dicks' wall to fall onto Gandtee's property...

...everytime it floods in Pattaya, I thank my lucky stars that I rent.

I had a lifetime of owning and managing properties in USA.

No mas. I've come to the conclusion that kon Tai are amphibian. Webbed toes and all that.

They love the hijinks and whatnot that comes with flooding.