How does Laos Visa Extention double entry work?

I always get three entry visa, so I can stay like 6 months and then I went to Laos and get double entry again.

They told me in agency this still works, I really dont want to stay only 6 months, I want to stay 1 years.

And in my home country in embassy they told me I can stay only 6 months per year, if they see that I stayed 6 months already they will not issue me new visa.

Thailand is doing everything to scare tourists away.

But I stil want to live here.

At some Thai consulates, the consul may suspect that a foreigner living in Thailand for a long time on tourist visas may be illegally working. If you are successful in dispelling such suspicions if and when they arise, you should have no problem getting a new tourist visa.

A 3 entry tourist visa can give you almost 9 months to total stay by extending each entry for 30 days and doing the last entry on or before the enter before date on the visa.

A 2 entry visa will give you almost 6 months of stay.

The embassy in Vientiane will normally issue up to 3 two entry tourist visas back to back.

What the embassy in your home country told you is wrong. There is no rule or regulation that states you can only stay for 6 months a year.

What the embassy in your home country told you is wrong. There is no rule or regulation that states you can only stay for 6 months a year.

Absolutely correct. But in practice many Thai officers, be them immigration or consulates try make it difficult.

So far, the problem is solvable having money and perseverance.