Medical Insurance

coldcrush

Hiya All

I would like advice on getting a a GOOD, REPUTABLE insurance compnay for my family and I hopping inbetween thailand and the UK.

I used to use "Insure and go" who are very cheap yet but never covered me when I attended Bunrumgrad. So I am wanting some advice as I want one that will be accepted on arrival, which hopefully will not happen again!

Thanks All :o

You might be interested to know that Thai health insurance companies are not required to automatically renew your health insurance even if you pay your premiums on time. (And this may hold for other types of insurance here, too.) So, you may make some claims on your policy which may then be paid by the Thai insurance company but the next time (next year) you try and renew they ‘decline’ your renewal. This is in contrast to policies issued by, for example, U.S. companies, where the companies are required to renew your policy if you pay your premiums on time. So having Thai health insurance is no guarantee that you will actually have health insurance. “Now you see it—now you don’t!”

Coming from the UK, i'm sure you are framiliar with Bupa. Well Bupa in Thailand is the best, and will insure you for life if you purchase before the age of 61, Covers you in Thailand and the UK.

I pay 60,000 baht per year for myself who is 61 years old, my wife and my son.

Last year they paid out 90,000 baht. Pays directly to the hospital. I live in Thailand.

Barry

Coming from the UK, i'm sure you are framiliar with Bupa. Well Bupa in Thailand is the best, and will insure you for life if you purchase before the age of 61, Covers you in Thailand and the UK.

I pay 60,000 baht per year for myself who is 61 years old, my wife and my son.

Last year they paid out 90,000 baht. Pays directly to the hospital. I live in Thailand.

Barry

$1500 a year for a family of 3 sounds pretty cheap.

Do you know how much coverage that buys.

What are the limits for hospitilization?