One Syrian family finds their problems are not over in Germany

Jonathan Fairfield

One Syrian family finds their problems are not over in Germany

606x341_314166.jpg

GERMANY:-- The promised land for most refugees coming to Europe, who are ready to risk their lives to get there. Except that reality is proving very different.

One family discovered they were being moved to east Germany, to Heidenau near Dresden. They didn’t want to go, but they didn’t want to try and play the system in their new home.

“There was an idea of tearing up the papers and applying again from the beginning like other people are doing, but I do not want to do anything illegal. That is our fate, we will persevere until we are granted residency and then we can choose a good place for my children, for schools and university,” said the widowed mother, Khawla Kareem Habashieh.

East Germany is poorer, with fewer job opportunities, and less welcoming to strangers. And home for many is on-the-edge-of-town vacant superstores where hundreds of men, women and children are together. Some fear to stray too far outside, as there have been assaults.

“The unhealthy situation, it’s a closed place with no windows, it’s not good for even a human being to be in there, the shared bathrooms, it’s very gross, very disgusting and it is not enough, there are only four cabins for all women in there and I think there are about 700 people in there,” says eldest daughter Reem.

Lack of language and other skills means it may be years before many find jobs. Integration for the one million new faces expected this year will take time.

By Robert Hackwill

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2015-09-26

Just what's going to happen to the idea of compulsory quotas of migrants to EU countries when tens of thousands are told they're going to a country that does suit THEM ?

Does Merkel, Junker and the EU bureaucrats honestly think everyone will be totally compliant and there will not be a reaction and in many instances boil over into violence ? On the other hand many will do as their told and when located where they don't want to be will simply start another migration crisis as they set off to the country they want.

unhappy with their new home?? guess they could always return to Syria, I'm sure 90% of the Germans wouldn't mind if they did.

life is never easy and I'm not sure what these people expected when they arrived in Europe but some of them will be in for a real shock as not everyone will make them welcome that's for sure. the world should have help sorted the problem in Syria first and not let refugees spread across Europe, as all they have done is created another problem in Europe now.

One family discovered they were being moved to east Germany, to Heidenau near Dresden. They didn’t want to go, but they didn’t want to try and play the system in their new home.

Too early to try and play the system in their new home country, but just wait a little longer till the GUESTS will up the DEMANDS.

Lets all go to Syria and start demanding free housing and social security.

Too early to try and play the system in their new home country, but just wait a little longer till the GUESTS will up the DEMANDS.

Go ahead, give it a try. Let us know how that works out for you.

Well, actually, they are acting humble and grateful and respecting the system despite ending up in a place that's not very nice.

Forecasting their behaviour...based on what? Their religion? Their race?

unhappy with their new home?? guess they could always return to Syria, I'm sure 90% of the Germans wouldn't mind if they did.

life is never easy and I'm not sure what these people expected when they arrived in Europe but some of them will be in for a real shock as not everyone will make them welcome that's for sure. the world should have help sorted the problem in Syria first and not let refugees spread across Europe, as all they have done is created another problem in Europe now.

Maybe that was Putin's plan all along when he threw a spanner in the works.

They should stop their moaning about where they are put etc,

At least they have escaped from "paradise" , if they don't like it

just piss off back. There are many more people/ citizens from these countries

that have less than them. They seem to think that they can walk into any

country and Demand what they want. The worst thing the EU has done

is to make the biggest blooper of all time.

You mean the military build up he started last week?

I think know the migrant problem has been going on much longer than that.

Seriously, the middle east is such a F**ked up situation, the Russian military build up in Syria actually makes us ALLIES! Since we are not at war with Syria, and we are infact at war (of sorts) with Syria's enemies (or at least the ruler of Syrias' enemies, ISIS, for the official score cards) that makes Syrias' allies, our allies. Strange bedfellows indeed!!

To save you time typing, I realize we are not Assad's friend, and we are helping any of his enemies we can find that don't want to kill us MORE than they want to kill Assad, AND that WE can stomach helping (since, like, you know, they were ALL dancing in the streets when the planes struck the WTC).

Addiction will make people do the most irrational things.

If the spanner you referred to was Putin's agreeing to remove the chemical weapons from Syria a few years ago, then you are playing the long game, and I don't have the brain power to keep up, I just don't see the connection. Realistically I know they are related, none of the major players has changed, so we are still in the same chess game, but if Putin agreed to remove and dispose of Chemical weapons from Syria, I don't see how that was a play to inundate Europe with refugees today.

Go ahead, give it a try. Let us know how that works out for you.

Not big on sarcasm are you!!

You mean the military build up he started last week?

I think know the migrant problem has been going on much longer than that.

Seriously, the middle east is such a F**ked up situation, the Russian military build up in Syria actually makes us ALLIES! Since we are not at war with Syria, and we are infact at war (of sorts) with Syria's enemies (or at least the ruler of Syrias' enemies, ISIS, for the official score cards) that makes Syrias' allies, our allies. Strange bedfellows indeed!!

To save you time typing, I realize we are not Assad's friend, and we are helping any of his enemies we can find that don't want to kill us MORE than they want to kill Assad, AND that WE can stomach helping (since, like, you know, they were ALL dancing in the streets when the planes struck the WTC).

Addiction will make people do the most irrational things.

If the spanner you referred to was Putin's agreeing to remove the chemical weapons from Syria a few years ago, then you are playing the long game, and I don't have the brain power to keep up, I just don't see the connection. Realistically I know they are related, none of the major players has changed, so we are still in the same chess game, but if Putin agreed to remove and dispose of Chemical weapons from Syria, I don't see how that was a play to inundate Europe with refugees today.

Well I was more referring to Putin protecting Assad when they first wanted to get rid of him. You know, when IS were not involved and he was busy torturing and murdering his own people, while winning an "election" by a country mile, North Korean-style.