us tourist visa

I 'm not trying to attack anyone I was just trying to let every body know the way that feel. that is all. My wife as been waiting for the confirmation date of her interview from 09 September till now and still no date yet. is that a good sign?

I tried that but the ex - wife will not let my youngest daughter come to Thailand because she thinks that she will not return to the us. I send the money for their passport's and she took haft of the money and she will not pay it back.

Pepo

"I 'm not trying to attack anyone I was just trying to let every body know the way that feel. that is all. My wife as been waiting for the confirmation date of her interview from 09 September till now and still no date yet. is that a good sign?"

I'd say NOT a good sign. You get the appointment for the visa interview ONLINE, sometimes very busy, some reports here on ThaiVisa have said they stayed up until well after midnight clicking away to get a vacancy for the appointment, and sometimes a month or more in the future. So, I think who ever is making the appointment for you isn't trying very hard. You need to keep after them!

Mac

I 'm not trying to attack anyone I was just trying to let every body know the way that feel. that is all. My wife as been waiting for the confirmation date of her interview from 09 September till now and still no date yet. is that a good sign?

Copy/paste from US Embassy a few moments ago:

Wait Times for Embassy/Consulate

Bangkok

Edit

Nonimmigrant Visa Type

Appointment Wait Time

Visitor Visas

1 Calendar Day*

Student/Exchange Visitor Visas

1 Calendar Day*

All Other Nonimmigrant Visas

1 Calendar Day*

You can check here anytime:

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/general/wait-times.html/?post=Bangkok&x=79&y=16

Good luck OP. Really hope your thai wife gets to meet your daughters. I'm not generally anti USA but why they make it so so hard for their own citizens to bring wife or gf to USA is beyond me.

I'm Australian. Would like to take my thai gf to visit USA.

My chances prob zero. So visit japan instead. 15 day visa exempt for thai. AU and USA should wake up

mate, the US is no more difficult than Australia. In fact, the US processes applications faster and charges a lot less than Australia does. So look in your own backyard before casting stones.

But here's a tip. If you never actually apply, then yes your chance is zero.

First of all I am not your mate.

I'm not aware of the statistics that back up your claim. As for visitor visa to AU for thai gf, have been through that process 3 times. It's simple and straightforward. Also does not involve an interview. In fact can do it online.

By your own words....saying I would have ZERO chance of taking tgf to USA....'..why?

If you read carefully I criticized AU and USA policy by pointing to 15 day visa exempt to Japan for thai nationals. BTW my tiff last visa to AU took 5 business days. You don't make an appointment at VSF. Easy as pie

I said you had zero chance, because you said you couldn't be bothered applying. Don't apply = No visa. Get it?

As for it being cheaper. Yes, becuase a US tourist visa is typically for 10 year - as mentioned by the moderator - while the Aussie visa is only good for 12 months.

Even the immigrant visas for spouse to US is much cheaper than AUs( US$750 for Green card against AU$6000+ for Australian permanent residence)

And finally, I'm glad you're not my mate, because then I don't have to tell you to wear a helmet when you ride your bike. Alas it seems head protection is not your biggest concern

Edited by Time Traveller

Read my post. I said "my chances probably zero"

I also criticized BOTH USA and AU for making visitor visa such a hurdle where as Japan gives thai nationals 15 day visa exempt..

Also the OP stated he wanted 6 day visit.

From what I have read on tv and just related info, I stand by fact that it is probably easier to obtain visitor visa to AU than USA . For starters there is no interview.

Edited by jacksam